The Union County Board of Supervisors are just as much in the dark concerning the fate of the trusty state-county work program as they were a week ago. During the July 6 meeting, Sheriff Jimmy Edwards called Mississippi Department of Corrections Commissioner Marshall L. Fisher, concerning possible ways to keep the program or at least […]
The city’s sign ordinance came under some criticism at the monthly meeting of the New Albany Board of Aldermen Tuesday last week, but officials also learned they have a problem with another part of city code. The sign issue came when the New Albany Animal Clinic appealed a ruling forbidding them from replace their old […]
Near-100-degree temperatures are forecast for at least the next week with only low probability of scattered thunderstorms. Still, the probable heavy usage of air conditioners is not expected to put an unsustainable strain on the area’s electric power system. New Albany Light, Gas and Water Manager Bill Mattox said that, so far, TVA has not […]
It looks like the Union County Fair and Livestock Show will dodge the rain, if not the high heat indexes for the rest of its 2015 run. Almost every year, the fair has fallen victim to heavy rain at least once but it hasn’t happened this year and forecasts for through Saturday show little chance […]
It’s coming up to mid-July and that means its time for the Union County Fair and Livestock Show, which bills itself as “the best little county fair in Mississippi.” The traditional fair events will be in full swing beginning Monday with a variety of activities as well as a full carnival. Wednesday is Seniors Day […]
The 2015 Union County Fair and Livestock Show begins formally Monday and runs though Saturday, July 18. Although some newer events have been added, it will be more of a back-to-basics edition featuring activities and programs that have proven popular and successful over the years. Closing the fair will be J Bar B Rodeo from […]
Union County Deputy Circuit Clerk Rhonda Dowdy was arrested on a warrant by investigators from the state attorney general’s office Monday and charged with voter fraud. Limited information was released due to the on-going nature of the investigation but according to Rachel Ring, communications specialist with the attorney general’s office, Dowdy is being charged with […]
One of the public hearings at the July meeting of the New Albany Board of Aldermen was a case appealed from planning and zoning concerning a request for a variance from the city’s sign ordinance. The owners of New Albany Animal Clinic, from Holly Springs, had purchased a $22,000 lighted sign with message board to replace […]
Public hearings took up the bulk of the New Albany aldermen’s unusually-long two-and-one-half-hour meeting Tuesday, with no resolution in either case. First was discussion of a proposed street name change, drawing objections from residents on the street. Ward Three Alderman Kevin Dale White had expressed interest in renaming Baker Street to become Beasley Street to […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Ground game leads Bulldogs to win over Pontotoc September 5, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry