Jewell Drummond celebrated her 93rd birthday on December 19, 2008 with her family. She has three children: Gail Freeman (Devon) of New Albany, Gilbert Drummond of Pickwick, and Marie Warrington (Mike) of Cotton Plant. She has seven grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren, and four great-great grandchildren. She is the widow of the late Lewis Drummond.
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Robi Aneice Robertson and Darrell Wayne Milan were united in marriage November 8, 2008 at 2 p.m. at St. Mary United Church in New Albany, Miss. Rev. W. T. Mayfield officiated the wedding. A reception was held immediately afterwards in the church fellowship hall. The bride is the daughter of Ruby Robertson and the late […]
Vickie Lynne’ celebrated her sixth birthday on January 10, 2009 at her home. Victoria Lynne’ Jennings is the daughter of Serina and William Jennings of Etta. Vickie is the sister of 3-year-old Mikel Jennings. She is the granddaughter of Val and Bob Johns of Palatka, Fla., Terry Tullis of Myrtle, Miss., Grover and Heidi Jennings […]
Calhoun City 71 Ingomar 58 (girls) The Lady Falcons were unable to bounce back after falling to Houlka, 60-34, Thursday night, as Calhoun City won the consolation game of the 2-1A division tournament last Friday. Kayla Stevens led Ingomar with 18 on the night, while Maggie Cobb added 14. Ebony Williams led all scorers with […]
Patricia Blackwell, 32 Patricia Ann Blackwell, 32, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2009, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. She was born March 16, 1976, in Ripley to Joel Knox and Joyce Ann Blackwell Robbins. Services will be at 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 13, 2009, at Union Grove M.B. Church with the Rev. W.B. […]
Annette Cameron (Dozier) and Rayfield Cameron Sr. of New Albany are renewing their wedding vows after 34 years of marriage on Saturday, February 21, 2009. They were married on February 22, 1975 in Annette’s grandmother’s home. Annette is the daughter of Tommy Lee Dozier Sr. and the late Autry Dozier. Her grandparents are the late […]
Bettye Johnson and Justin Kimmons of New Albany welcomed their baby girl Jordan MaKenzie Kimmons into the world on Thursday, January 8, 2009 at North Mississippi Medical Center Women’s Hospital in Tupelo at 4:54 p.m. She weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces and was 19 ½ inches long. She was greeted home by big sister Justis […]
Christopher “Bubba” Watson will celebrate his fifth birthday on February 23, 2009 with a Power Rangers party at Chuck E. Cheese. Bubba is the son of Chris and Liz Watson of Ripley. Bubba is the grandson of Billy and Tony Doss. His great-grandparents are Leo and Rachel Dyson, Jean and the late Joe Dale Thompson, […]
Susan and Andrew Stewart of Simpsonville, SC welcomed daughter Anna Marie Stewart into the world on October 6, 2008 at 4:30 p.m. in Simpsonville, SC. She weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. She is the granddaughter of Vickie Stewart of Myrtle, Miss., Mike Stewart of Simpsonville, SC, and Richard and […]
Wendy Kidd King and Chad King of Hickory Flat welcomed daughter Zoe Mary-Klare King into the world on January 17, 2009 at 5:14 p.m. at the Baptist Memorial Hospital – Union County in New Albany. She weighed 6 pounds and was 18 inches long. Zoe is the granddaughter of Pam Kidd and Charlie Canerdy of […]
- Life intervenes in the plan May 20, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Toyota Corolla production move from Canada to South America will not affect Blue Springs plant May 27, 2015
- New Albany school board votes to make high school ‘all iPad’ school May 27, 2015
- Saturday last day for absentee voting in congressional run-off May 27, 2015
- Union County Fair about six weeks away May 27, 2015
- Senior Citizens’ Day held Thursday May 27, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...