During Christmas for the past two years, I have spent more time in the New Albany Armory than any other building in Union County other than the New Albany Gazette Building and my house. No, I’m not a member of Troop C, 108th Armed Calvary Unit of the Mississippi National Guard, but I would be […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
In the truest of classic form, my year is ending as I duck that two-sided sword. Everyone knows that when you express your opinion, someone, somewhere will disagree. Often times, however, out-of-the-blue, comes disagreements with opinions you never had in the first place. My case in point is the phone call our managing editor, David […]
The next step for the addition of a football and band program for the Union County schools is underway after the school board had an unanimous vote on January 6 to add a county-wide program. The process has begun in finding both a band director, as well as a head football coach so the county […]
Walnut 65 West Union 63 Hunter McQuary stepped up for the Eagles with 24 points, but it would not be enough as West Union fell at home versus Walnut 65-63 Tuesday night. After leading by seven at the half, Walnut scored 22 in the third to take a 50-39 lead into the final quarter. The […]
West Union 50 Walnut 30 The Lady Eagles bounced back into the win column with a 20-point victory over Walnut Tuesday night. Kimberly Jumper and April Rollins both scored 11 for West Union, followed by Robyn Taylor with 10. West Union’s defense held Walnut to single digits in scoring for the first three quarters, as […]
Aspriona Gilbert lived up to the hype as she had 24 points in Myrtle’s 50-49 upset over New Albany Friday night. The Lady Hawks took advantage of Jazmine Spears’ early foul trouble, as the Lady ‘Dawgs leader picked up her third foul at the 6:05 mark in the second quarter. “We’re a different team when […]
Things are coming together piece-by-piece for the Ingomar Lady Falcons. Saturday night’s pieces of the puzzle came in the form of a pair of double-doubles from Brittany Edwards and Shelly Grisham. “Brittany, Shelly, and Claire (Wise) were behind our guard play at the start of the season, but they have been working real hard to […]
To add to my column of last Friday about the building of a road to where existing roads already go, I have to share information from a phone call I received from a friend in this regard. This person may or may not know the real story, but the information is so illogical and ridiculous, […]
It is not too early for those who would throw their hats into the ring and run for a New Albany municipal public office to announce their intentions to do so. There’s no real advantage to announcing as filing time gets nearer, that’s just a touch of drama that really surprises no one. Those who […]
And then there’s that old saying, “You win some and you lose some,” which applies to getting information from folks about stuff that other people don’t want you to know. However, in the case of my information source who told me the Blue Springs highway project was the result of a promise our governor made […]
- Kiwanis Hotbed January 23, 2015
- Hancock enters supervisor, District 1 race January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co. to build new warehouse January 28, 2015
- Retail Strategies January 28, 2015
- New bladder pacemaker offers help with incontinence January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- E-911 upgrade to cost county $100,000-plus January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co., former grocery wholesaler, to expand January 28, 2015
- Former city clerk dies at 100 January 28, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...