Hello again Hawk fans. Baseball playoffs have begun and the Hawks advanced to the second round this weekend by defeating Biggersville 6-3 and 15-4. The Hawks were set to travel to Greenville St. Joe on Thursday. The Hawks and Lady Hawks track teams have also advanced to the next round of state playoffs. The Regional […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Jennifer and Dave Jolly of New Albany welcomed daughter Ella Grace Jolly into the world on February 24, 2009 at 1:46 p.m. at the Tupelo Women’s Hospital in Tupelo, Miss. She weighed 7 pounds, 1 ounce and was 18 ¾ inches long. Ella was greeted by three brothers: Trey Jolly, age 12, Peyton Jolly, age […]
In their first season with an archery program, West Union captured the North Half Championship last Saturday at Lewisburg High School. The Eagles took the championship with a score of 2815, followed by county rival East Union, with a score of 2739. With archery still a new program in the state, the best a team […]
Most people who are in their mid to upper 60s have planned for retirement for some time. Individuals who did not and who put all of their faith into social security or even pensions being their post-employment salvation may have turned to other investments to create a sizeable retirement nest egg. Now that they’re […]
Jeff and Tonya Scott of Shannon are pleased to announce the arrival of their son, John Marlin Scott. He was born Friday, March 27, 2009 at 2:30 p.m. in the Women’s Hospital in Tupelo. He weighed 3 pounds, 15 ounces and was 17 inches long. He is welcomed home by two sisters Callie and Cari. […]
County rivals created plenty of drama on Tuesday at the Ole Miss Golf Course, as the District 2-1A title came down to a one hole playoff between West Union and Ingomar. The two teams have faced off several time already this season, with competition close every time. This was the first time all season that […]
The Junta Club met on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 in the home of Eleanor Parks. Other members present were Anita Buster, Ninabeth Capaning, Bethany Dalton, Jean Dillard, Susan Feather, Anne Gardner, Retta Hardy, Clydell Hudson, Martha Jane Lamar, Myra Langley, Marjorie Livingston, Mary Tate Pannell, Kaye Powell, Mary Jeanette Wynn and Sandra Sisk. Honorary member […]
The Town of Sherman Clean Sweep will be this Saturday, April 25, from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Drop off location in Sherman is the old mayor’s office downtown on Main Street. Roadside trash, scrap, etc. will be collected, and a free t-shirt will be given with a limit of one t-shirt per person. No […]
Lacosta and Tim Watson of New Albany welcomed daughter Avery Lane Watson into the world on January 23, 2009 at 8:06 a.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital – Union County in New Albany. She weigehd 10 pounds, 4 ounces and was 19 ¾ inches long. She was greeted by four-year-old brother John Hayden Watson. Avery is […]
Baseball- 2nd Round (Thursday-Saturday) All games will start at 6:00 p.m. West Union vs. Shannon Ingomar vs. Falkner Myrtle vs. Greenville St. Joe East Union vs. Hamilton Tennis Friday NAHS vs. Oxford/ NE Lauderdale winner
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Second Rubber Duck Regatta called success October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on