The Lady Eagles find themselves in a familiar position, as their season comes down to a game three match-up. Last season, West Union played a decisive third game in every round of the playoffs, and after Saturday’s doubleheader with Pine Grove, will do so once again on the road at Pine Grove. West Union took […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
It’s always more interesting to debate the good and the bad aspects of the Obama presidency. Many are unrestrained when it comes to making critical remarks about former president George W. Bush and his terms in office. As long as a politician or candidate is removed a couple of times from the home-front, people […]
Ingomar lit up the Rams Tuesday night, taking the doubleheader from Vardaman, 15-0 and 8-4. Game one brought a lot of hype, as several and independent scouts graced the ballpark all looking at the Falcons’ pitcher Josh Hodges. The senior didn’t disappoint, pitching a complete game, while going 3-for-4 at the plate with a walk. […]
West Union The Eagles belted 42 runs on 27 hits while only giving up three hits in a doubleheader against the Cardinals on Tuesday. Devin Brock and Will Basil were on the bump in the respective games, as West Union won 27-2 and 15-0. Wesley Jumper, Bo Garrett, Hunter mcQuary, Taylor English, Luke Wait and […]
The Bulldogs picked up two more wins this week on the court, shutting out West Point 7-0 and defeating Pontotoc 5-2 to improve to 7-2 (6-0). Below are the results. NA 7 West Point 0 Boys Singles Luke Wilson (NA) def. Donnail Myles 6-4, 6-0. Girls Singles Calie Creekmore (NA) def. Chelsea Ricks 6-0, 6-0. […]
East Union bounced back by defeating 5A South Panola in archery on Monday, April 6. The Urchins took the match with a score of 2674-2564. Below are the complete team results. East Union David Blackard 252, Stephanie Dillard 237, Nicky Greszler 235, Meagan Mitchell 230, David Wittkcamp 227, Tanner Letson 226, Taylor Roberts 218, David […]
Many people like to express their support for a political candidate with a yard sign. Sometimes this form of freedom of expression conflicts with a city law banning or limiting the time in which political signs may be displayed. The question becomes whether such city laws infringe upon citizens’ and perhaps the candidates’ First […]
Thursday, April 9 Baseball New Albany @ Center Hill Okolona @ Ingomar Myrtle @ Hickory Flat Tennis Oxford @ NAHS (Senior Day) 3:30 Friday, April 10 Baseball Mantachie @ East Union Saturday, April 11 Softball Second Round Playoffs Ingomar vs. Vardaman West Union vs. Pine Grove Baseball Corinth @ New Albany Monday, April 13 Baseball […]
West Union The Lady Eagles advance to second round action after defeating Tremont, 10-0 and 11-8 on Saturday. West Union got on the board first in the second inning of game one, as the Lady Eagles loaded the bases with a walk by Jessica Ganger, and singles by Carley Wilkerson and Robyn Taylor. A bunt […]
Marian Briscoe, 74 Marian H. Briscoe, 74, of Myrtle, died Tuesday, March 31, 2009, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. She was born Jan. 29, 1935, in West Point, Ga., to Zach Hagedorn Sr. and Mary Power Hagedorn. She was a homemaker and a member of the Joy Sunday School Class at Myrtle United Methodist Church. […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Ground game leads Bulldogs to win over Pontotoc September 5, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...