By Louisa Ada Seltzer The latest forecast for America’s newspapers would suggest that extinction is not too far off. UBS figures newspaper revenues will be down 12.2 percent when the final figures are in for 2008 and tumble another 17.6 percent this year. Already, a number of papers around the country have cut circulation, or […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Myrtle 58 Coldwater 55 (girls) The Lady Hawks picked up the division 3-1A title Friday night, but not without a fight from the Lady Cougars, as Myrtle held on for the 58-55 win. Myrtle jumped to a 20-6 lead in the first quarter, as Amber Williamson and Beth Goolsby combined for four three-pointers. Coldwater would […]
The road to Jackson will have to go through Myrtle, as the Hawks upset Pine Grove Tuesday night, earning them the right to host the North Half Tournament this weekend. With the score only at 8-5 after the first quarter, Myrtle exploded offensively, scoring 22 in the second to take the 27-20 lead at the […]
The Union County Development Association announced Monday that Lowe’s Home Improvement Center will begin the hiring process for its New Albany store. Applicants interested in working at the New Albany location may to to 208 Starlyn Avenue, next to Domino’s between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. every day through Friday, Feb. 20, […]
Jewell Drummond celebrated her 93rd birthday on December 19, 2008 with her family. She has three children: Gail Freeman (Devon) of New Albany, Gilbert Drummond of Pickwick, and Marie Warrington (Mike) of Cotton Plant. She has seven grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren, and four great-great grandchildren. She is the widow of the late Lewis Drummond.
Robi Aneice Robertson and Darrell Wayne Milan were united in marriage November 8, 2008 at 2 p.m. at St. Mary United Church in New Albany, Miss. Rev. W. T. Mayfield officiated the wedding. A reception was held immediately afterwards in the church fellowship hall. The bride is the daughter of Ruby Robertson and the late […]
Vickie Lynne’ celebrated her sixth birthday on January 10, 2009 at her home. Victoria Lynne’ Jennings is the daughter of Serina and William Jennings of Etta. Vickie is the sister of 3-year-old Mikel Jennings. She is the granddaughter of Val and Bob Johns of Palatka, Fla., Terry Tullis of Myrtle, Miss., Grover and Heidi Jennings […]
Calhoun City 71 Ingomar 58 (girls) The Lady Falcons were unable to bounce back after falling to Houlka, 60-34, Thursday night, as Calhoun City won the consolation game of the 2-1A division tournament last Friday. Kayla Stevens led Ingomar with 18 on the night, while Maggie Cobb added 14. Ebony Williams led all scorers with […]
Patricia Blackwell, 32 Patricia Ann Blackwell, 32, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2009, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. She was born March 16, 1976, in Ripley to Joel Knox and Joyce Ann Blackwell Robbins. Services will be at 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 13, 2009, at Union Grove M.B. Church with the Rev. W.B. […]
Annette Cameron (Dozier) and Rayfield Cameron Sr. of New Albany are renewing their wedding vows after 34 years of marriage on Saturday, February 21, 2009. They were married on February 22, 1975 in Annette’s grandmother’s home. Annette is the daughter of Tommy Lee Dozier Sr. and the late Autry Dozier. Her grandparents are the late […]
- Burdette to lead Bulldogs May 19, 2015
- State of the Region meeting set for Wednesday May 22, 2015
- MHP to step up enforcement over holiday weekend May 22, 2015
- Kids’ cooking class offered next week May 22, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- NAHS administrator chosen Principal of the Year May 22, 2015
- Cancer Relay for Life date will be June 5 May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...