Hello again Hawk fans! There’s a lot of news to report so I’ll get right to it. Who’s Who elections were held recently and the results are as follows: Mr. Myrtle Senior High – Justin Jordan; Miss Myrtle Senior High – Beth Goolsby; Most Likely to Succeed – Josh Walker and Brooke Thompson; Most Intellectual […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Travis and Angie Bryan and the late Mary Bryan of Blue Springs are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Mary Kathryn Bryan of Blue Springs to William Vardaman Hall of New Albany. The bride-elect’s grandparents are Roger and Mary Lynn Rakestraw of Blue Springs and Evelyn Bryan and the late […]
It’s hard to believe, but here we are, once again, $80,000 later, still enduring presentations from planning consultants about a comprehensive plan,. This time it was for Union County, but as usual, the report isn’t finished and the consultants are still “asking for our input.” According to consultant Sam Russell, “I am about done with […]
Three more New Albany citizens have thrown their hats into the ring for local city elections this coming Spring, including one more incumbent, Ward Three Alderman Tommie Beasley, who qualified on Jan. 15 to run for re-election. Also qualifying for the Ward Three race as a Democrat on Friday, Jan. 23 was Chris Buford of […]
The Bulldogs saw their season come to an end in the first round of the 4A playoffs Tuesday night as they fell on the road at Caledonia, 5-1. Tucker Holmes scored the lone goal for NAHS, as the ‘Dawgs were able to keep the score tied at the half, 1-1. Taylor Chism notched the goal […]
Only four days into the year 2009 and 16 days before a new president is sworn in with a monied plan to salvage our economy, the “Economic Development is everything” people of Northeast Mississippi have already devised a plan to squeeze more money out of the Federal bailout and position it where only they can […]
Hello my fellow Urchins! It is hard to believe that we are almost finished with the month of January! We would like to extend congratulations to those who participated in the county-wide Reading Fair at Myrtle on Friday, January 23rd. Among first place winners were Carol Coker, Savannah Alexander, Anna Clayton, and Savanna Harlow. They will compete in the […]
Ingomar ran the final play to perfection as Maggie Cobb nailed a three-pointer at the buzzer, but unfortunately for the Lady Falcons, DiDi Miller took care of business from the free throw line a few seconds earlier to give the Calhoun City Lady Wildcats a four-point advantage that led to the crucial 53-52 division victory. […]
I failed to pay as much attention as I should have when a lot of the material about the history of Europe was being covered, so I have less than a working knowledge of the events of over there that ultimately influenced things over here. As a result of that inattention in school, as […]
After going five rounds against 24 other competitors in the Union County Spelling Bee Monday evening, East Union 7th Grader Carol Coker spelled the winning word “pistachio,” beating out 2nd place winner, West Union 7th grader Ben Neal. Coker will now go on to compete in the Mid-South Spelling Bee in Memphis, Tenn. in March […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Weather causes rescheduling of Union County/New Albany girls basketball February 23, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...