Time is marching on toward the fall season of this year and so are we too marching on in our life’s season. It doesn’t stand still as the saying of we can’t stand still have to go forward or backward. We can’t go forward and relieve our lives, so lets make the best we can […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
My first cup of Folger’s Coffee tasted superb this morning, after having been away this past weekend and being served many different flavors. Hugh, Cristie, Maggie, Nina and I motored to Jackson, Mississippi, to see Maggie compete in the Teeny Miss Magnolia Pageant at the Marriott in downtown Jackson. She gave us our monies worth. […]
Brother Gerald prepared our hearts for Brother Bobby’s message when he sang ‘The Love of God.’ As usual, he did a great job. Sunday five of our members were away on The World Changers Mission trip and these members were Katie Jenkins, Elizabeth, Mary and Daniel McCormick and Earl Johnson. To help us remember to […]
Dayne Wilbanks Gerald Dayne Wilbanks, 58, of Center Hill, formerly of Ripley and Starkville, died Saturday, July 25, 2009, in Pontotoc County. He served in the U.S. Army during Vietnam. He was stationed in Germany and received the National Defense Service Medal. He was a member of West Ripley Baptist Church in Ripley. Services will […]
Dr. and Mrs. Terry Michael Joslin of New Albany are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Elizabeth Ann Joslin, to Braxton Tate Coombs, son of Mr. and Mrs. William Mark Lindsey of Ripley and Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Tate Coombs of New Albany. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. […]
Mary Elizabeth Greer of the Cornersville Community recently celebrated her 6th birthday at Chuck E. Cheese’s in Tupelo with family and friends. Her birthday was July 30. Helping her celebrate were her brother, Dave, age 9 and her baby sister, Hannah Grace, age 9 months. Mary Elizabeth is the daughter of David and Amy Greer […]
New Albany was well represented at the MAC tennis All-Star tournament in Jackson on July 17. The duo were of six athletes chosen from the north to participate in the tournament. NAHS graduates Karl David Capaning and Jacob Rowland took on Douglas Odom and Robbie Leigh of St. Andrews 8-6, despite trailing 5-2 early on. […]
Looking at the future of soccer and tennis in Union County, the Union County Development Association (UCDA) met with both the county tennis and soccer associations to discuss plans to expand at the New Albany Sportsplex, creating new fields and courts for the groups. UCDA director Phil Nanney met with representatives from each the New […]
In the near future, there is a good chance that Pontotoc and Union Counties could share resources in regard to economic development In recent months, there have been talks between the Union County Development Association, the Pontotoc County Chamber of Commerce, as well as the Union County and Pontotoc County boards of supervisors regarding the […]
Within the next few months, visitors to the New Albany-Union County Airport should expect to see construction underway for a new hangar. The New Albany board of aldermen recently approved a bid from Southland Construction Company out of Tupelo to begin grade work and dirt work for the future T-hangar. Cook Coggin Engineer out of […]
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...