Birthdays! I almost forgot them this month and we have some very important ones! C.J. Shirley had a birthday on February 2, Ray Shirley on February 13, Martha Shirley on February 27, Clara B. Garrison on Feb. 24, Audene Cooper on Feb. 20 and Josh Work on Feb. 23. For all the others who have […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
The West Union baseball team and their coaches were our guests for the Sunday morning service. Brother Gerald was back after missing last Sunday because of the “crud.” Before Brother Bobby preached, Mary McCormick also brought a message in song. At the close of the morning service, Russ Heard, Michelle Grubbs and Aaron Turner joined […]
It has been a beautiful week here at East Union Attendance Center. I believe everyone is ready for warm weather. The Lady Urchins fastpitch softball team competed in their first game of the season on Friday, Feb. 20, at Potts Camp. The game ended with a 7-10 victory. The Urchins faced West Union at home […]
Hello again Hawk fans! The division tournament was this week at Hickory Flat. The Lady Hawks beat Strayhorn 70-34. The Hawks played Ashland Tuesday night. More of the results of the division tournament will be in next week’s issue. Donuts for Dads was held Thursday morning. We would like to thank all of you for […]
If you plan to qualify for the upcoming municipal election this spring, time is running out. The deadline to qualify in Sherman is Friday, March 6, by 5 p.m. So far, Ann Simmons has qualified to run for alderman. Sherman will not have a primary election, and the general election is June 2. Sherman is […]
Much to the dismay of elderly and disabled Mississippians, legislation designed to alleviate some of their tax burdens died a quick death in the Ways and Means Committee of the House of Representatives. The Chairman of that committee said he had too many questions about what he referred to as a complex local tax […]
Sunday was a good day to be in church, especially for me because I had not been this year. Terri Pounders and Phyllis Wait sounded so good playing their instruments, the organ and piano. Gerald Frederick was sick, but James Major Coffey took care of the singing. Mickey Clayton taught our Sunday School Class and […]
I get a lesson from looking out my window at the old dead looking pear limbs with the fresh “parasites I call it” that was completely dead in appearance before the rain came. How it came alive was so pretty and fresh all over the old limbs after the rain. How quickly it came alive’ […]
Nell Crumpton, 79 Nellie “Nell” Roseann Keenum Crumpton, 79, of Blue Springs, died Saturday, Feb. 28, 2009, at her home. She was a homemaker and a member of New Harmony Methodist Church. A memorial service was at 2 p.m. Thursday, March 5, 2009, at McBride Funeral Home Chapel in Ripley with Bro. Doc Shelton officiating. […]
Sam Sanders, a 5th grade student from West Union Attendance Center, won first place in the state in Mississippi‘s “Promote the Vote” art contest for Grades 3-5. The “Promote the Vote” is an award winning program sponsored by the Secretary of State’s Office. Sam’s artwork expressed his patriotism and depicted civic responsibility and voter participation. […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Weather causes rescheduling of Union County/New Albany girls basketball February 23, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...