The issue of a Munsford Drive property’s zoning status will once again be before the Union County Circuit Court. Booker Farr, owner of 1305 Munsford Drive, recently appealed a New Albany board of aldermen decision to deny his request to rezone the property from agricultural to industrial. In the petition filed by his attorney, Rhett […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Blue Springs Mayor Judy D. Harrison will be running for re-election this spring and will face David Boland in the race for the post. Boland currently serves as alderman on the Blue Springs Board of Alderman. Running for aldermen in Blue Springs will be Shirley Allen, Sandra Boland, Rita Gentry, Leanna Lindsey Hollis and Jerry […]
The main focus at the New Albany School Board meeting Monday night was on technology. The meeting began with an instructional technology demonstration using mimio boards in Tammy Kirkland’s room and Jennifer Ellett’s room at New Albany Elementary School (NAES). According to mimio.com, “mimio boards use the classroom’s existing dry erase board, a LCD projector, […]
A special ceremony was held Sunday at Hillcrest Baptist Church in honor of local members of the National Guard 155th Brigade Combat Team, as well as other branches of the military who will soon be departing for the Middle East. Among those soldiers who were present Sunday, along with their families, were Nicholas Verner, James […]
Johnny Anderson of 412 Bristol Avenue in New Albany has qualified and is announcing his candidacy for Ward Two Alderman. A lifelong resident of New Albany and Union County, Anderson served three terms as Ward Two alderman from 1993-2005. He has been employed as Director of Human Resources for 23 years and is currently employed […]
The New Albany Police Department is now going through departmental changes, beginning with finding a new assistant chief. Danny “Junior” Stout, who was promoted to Assistant Chief in the summer of 2007, resigned earlier this month, according to New Albany Police Chief David Grisham. “He resigned on April 1,” Grisham said. Grisham said that he […]
After six decades or more, two soulmates finally met at the most unlikely of places. Rob Rutledge and Shirley Knighton, residents of Union County Health and Rehabilitation (UCH&R) Center in New Albany, had been looking for their true love their whole life and found each other in January 2008. The pair met when Rutledge came […]
World War II veteran and New Albany man Charlie D. Coker reflects on his wartime days and life during the Asiatic Pacific Campaign from 1941-1945. Throughout these years, he took notes and kept them in his Scofield Bible, which he carried around everywhere he went, no matter what country or what situation he might end […]
Cooking healthy meals and eating healthy on a budget were the main topics of discussion at last week’s seminar at the Magnolia Civic Center. Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County held the seminar for the citizens of New Albany and Union County about nutrition. It was called, “How to Eat Healthy: A Recipe for Success.” Holly Ferguson, […]
The New Albany Fire Department and the Mississippi State Fire Marshall’s office are continuing efforts to investigate a fire that occurred Monday evening at Albany Acres Apartment, at 916 Fairground Spur and resulted in the death of a 22-month old child. According to New Albany Fire Chief Jeff Hale, the fire broke out in the […]
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer