New Albany’s season came to an end Thursday afternoon versus Forest Hill in the 4A State Tournament in Jackson, 49-38. Be sure to pick up a copy of next Wednesday’s New Albany Gazette for the full story. Also, continue checking newalbanygazette.com all weekend for updates on the Myrtle Hawks and Lady Hawks.
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
It was a long and emotional three days for Myrtle head coach Jonathan Ashley, but when the whirlwind was over he found himself standing on the baseline surrounded by fans and family still trying to soak in the reality of winning the 1A North State Championship. “This whole week really hasn’t sunk in yet, but […]
Bonnie Bannister- Boatner, 43 Bonnie Sue Bannister-Boatner, 43, of Potts Camp, died Thursday, Feb. 19, 2009, at her home after a long illness. She was born July 7, 1965, in Chicago to Luther Mills and Peggy Mills. She loved animals, playing bingo, having get-togethers, and spending quality time with her grandchildren. Services will be at […]
For over a year now, I have wondered how The City of New Albany managed to come up with $60,000 plus to pay off the fireworks and other unpaid expenses for the 2007 Freedom Festival. If you will remember, that was the one where the Charlie Daniels Band performed (at a huge price), tickets […]
A local student will have the opportunity of a lifetime to travel to Australia to compete in a cross country meet this summer. Bryan Cook, a sophomore at Myrtle Attendance Center, has been running since the fifth grade and is beginning to take the sport seriously by competiting at a higher level. “Coach Greer asked […]
East Union 10 West Union 3 (Baseball) Craig Bullock picked up his third win of the season as the Urchins defeated their county rival Tuesday night. C.J. and Chris Armstrong led East Union at the plate, as C.J. had multiple hits and both had doubles for the game. East Union improves to 4-1 while the […]
East Union is off to a strong start in their 2009 campaign after defeating Corinth 9-6 Saturday. The Urchins lost their first game of the year on Friday in a 4-3 decision versus Booneville. The Blue Devils scored two in the seventh to take the 3-2 lead. After tying the game in the bottom part […]
Both East Union and New Albany are in full swing for fast pitch softball, as the Lady ‘Dawgs are 3-0 and the Lady Urchins won their season opener last week. East Union defeated Potts Camp in their first game of the year last Thursday, winning 10-7. The Lady Cardinals tied the game in the third […]
Bowling season is winding down, and East Union and West Union were recently in action versus Starkville and Tupelo The Urchins and Lady Urchins fell to Tupelo, 6-2 and 5-3 respectively. Jacob Charland led the Urchins with a 262, while John Malcolm Pannell bowled a 256, John Prather a 203 and Austin Copeland a 200. […]
The children of Deloris Hatch are proud to announce the forthcoming marriage of their mother to Thomas Caviness on February 28, 2009 at 3 p.m. at the New Albany Community Center. Deloris is the daughter of the late Birdie Jackson and the late Willie Rainer. Thomas is the son of Robin G. Bradley, the late […]
- Ashland clips Myrtle in division action January 27, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Soups to bowl you over January 30, 2015
- Eastern Lights January 30, 2015
- Rite-Aid burglary may be tied to string of similar break-ins January 30, 2015
- Union County jobless rate up slightly; state still worst in nation January 30, 2015
- New Albany schools announce teachers of the year January 30, 2015
- More candidates join Third District supervisor’s race January 30, 2015
- Baptist Memorial Hospital brings new surgeon in January 30, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...