Kathy Cornelius-Pace, of 312 HWY. 15 South, has recently qualified and is now announcing her candidacy for Ward Four Alderman of the city of New Albany. Currently employed as Principal of Millcreek of Ripley, a day treatment facility for troubled children and youth, Cornelius-Pace has been as a teacher and administrator for many years, including […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Approximately 150 people from New Albany, Union County and North Mississippi, met April 2, 2009 at the First United Methodist Church in New Albany to honor the memory of Peggy Smallwood, one of the people that helped make the Boys and Girls Club (BGC) come to New Albany. BGC New Albany Advisory Board President Colt […]
Following a public hearing held at the Union County Chancery Court building Wednesday, Chancery Court Judge Mike Malski approved a proposal to expand the corporate limits of Blue Springs’ eastern borders. At the beginning of the hearing, Judge Mike Malski asked if there were any parties present who were affected by the proposal to annex […]
After nearly a year and a half of litigation over 1305 Munsford Drive, Circuit Court Judge Henry Lackey handed down a decision Tuesday, ruling that the property’s zoning status was never properly changed from agricultural to industrial. Lackey’s decision comes one week after the parties involved – plaintiffs Allen Maxwell, Dr. Robin Bostwick, Dr. Eric […]
U.S. First Congressional District Representative for Mississippi Travis Childers (D) said told many of New Albany and Union County’s business and communty leaders that he voted for the controversial $825 billion stimulus package last week because he believed something had to be done. “I felt like inaction would be worse,” Childers told the crowd, gathered […]
A close series ended as a blowout, as West Union advances to the North Half Semifinals after demolishing Pine Grove 21-3 in five innings on Tuesday. Saturday’s split in the doubleheader set up Tuesday’s must win, and West Union had no problems, as strong hitting, backed by excellent pitching in the circle propelled the Lady […]
Union County Development Association Executive Director Stephen Surles will soon be stepping down from his position to take a job with the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Surles recently announced to the UCDA board of directors that he would be resigning from his post effective in March. Surles will begin working for TVA in March in […]
County schools are preparing for the start of the playoffs in baseball this weekend, as West Union, East Union, Myrtle and Ingomar will all be in action. Division winners West Union will start at Pine Grove on at 7:00 Friday, then host them on Saturday at 2:00. The Eagles struggled earlier this season, starting 1-8, […]
David Grisham, of 624 Owen Rd., New Albany, has qualified and is announcing his candidacy for re-election for New Albany Chief of Police. Grisham, who has served as New Albany’s police chief for the past 28 years, was born and raised in New Albany. After graduating from W.P. Daniel High School, he received a scholarship […]
Most automobile owners in Mississippi would gladly pay more for their license plates if by doing so they could indirectly be saving their neighbors from the multitude of diseases and horrible deaths caused by the cancers that are caused by smoking and second-hand smoke. Ironically, that’s exactly what making tobacco too expensive to buy […]
- Burdette to lead Bulldogs May 19, 2015
- State of the Region meeting set for Wednesday May 22, 2015
- MHP to step up enforcement over holiday weekend May 22, 2015
- Kids’ cooking class offered next week May 22, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- NAHS administrator chosen Principal of the Year May 22, 2015
- Cancer Relay for Life date will be June 5 May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...