Excitement has built around the county schools, as the new band program is underway. Working with just more than 100 students, the program is working with fifth through seventh graders at the different schools. Led by first year directors, Josh Forsythe and Derek Taylor, students are learning fundaments and received their instruments last week. “It’s […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
DEAR AMY: My wife passed away seven years ago. Two weeks ago, I was reading a travel diary that my late wife wrote while in Europe on business. My wife and I were not married at the time of this trip, but we had been a couple for 12 years, since our school days. My […]
Low car sales and delinquent property taxes have forced the New Albany School District to ask for help to cover an $80,000 shortfall for the current school year. The school district’s board of trustees made a request to the city of New Albany’s board of aldermen for permission to apply for a bank loan. The […]
Hasn’t the weather been nice the last couple of weeks? Working in the yard has been bearable, although it has been a little on the dry side. Don’t forget to water your potted plants and your yard. I have had a lot of input from folks on the asparagus info. One person said he […]
Two community organizations will host programs next week to remember those who died as a result of the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001. The American Legion Potter–Henry-Lowery Post 72 will hold a Patriot Day 9/11 Commemoration on next Friday, Sept. 11 at noon on the lawn of the Union County Courthouse and the New […]
Routine Sunday morning – up early – pour a cup of coffee and go to my desk. The same devotional authors challenge me with spiritual thoughts. With mind awake and my focus clear I turn to my Sunday School lesson for one last review. I’m grateful that my mind recalls key points and illustrations. Routine […]
Authorities in Costa Rica recovered the body of 17-year-old Marshaun Braxton of New Albany Tuesday morning – ending a nearly two-day search for him after he was carried out to sea off the country’s Pacific Coast Sunday evening. Marshaun Braxton of New Albany, a member of First United Methodist Church’s youth group, was in the […]
Dear Amy: In my book group, we try to keep our discussions focused by following the reading group guides or questions provided by the publisher. Nevertheless, one of our members never fails to monopolize the discussion, and her comments are mostly off the mark or anecdotal. One of our members plans to call her out […]
Congratulations to Rev. & Mrs. E.L. Greenhaw for winning August Yard of the Month. The Sherman Beautification Committee chose the Greenhaw’s residence at 33 East Lamar Street. The Senior Adult Revival held August 24 – 26 at Sherman Baptist was wonderfully attended. The Lee County Baptist Association, sponsor of the annual Senior Adult Revival, said […]
New Albany will look to carry momentum from last week’s impressive performance, as they will be on the road facing their biggest rival in Ripley. 2008 featured the running game for both teams, and with more weapons on the Bulldogs’ side this season, the Tigers will have a tough task of picking which one to […]
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...