Bonnie Bannister- Boatner, 43 Bonnie Sue Bannister-Boatner, 43, of Potts Camp, died Thursday, Feb. 19, 2009, at her home after a long illness. She was born July 7, 1965, in Chicago to Luther Mills and Peggy Mills. She loved animals, playing bingo, having get-togethers, and spending quality time with her grandchildren. Services will be at […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Five Generations of the Medlin, Williams, Kizer and Hancock family. Pictured from left to right: Alyne Medlin, Tena Williams, and Kate Williams. (Bottom) Mattie Faye Kizer and baby Levi Hancock.
Myrtle almost completed an incredible comeback only to fall short in the 1A State Semi-Final Friday night. The Lady Hawks faced off against one-seeded McAdams, and watched as the Lady Bulldogs raced to a 24-10 lead after the first quarter. Led by Dierra Gilmore with three baskets from behind the arc, McAdams connected on four […]
Virginia and Charlie Pope of Hickory Flat celebrated their 68th wedding anniversary on February 8, 2009 in their home with family. They have seven children, 20 grandchildren, 36 great-grandchildren, and six great-great-grandchildren.
Forest Hill was able to hold off a scrappy bunch of Lady Bulldogs to escape with a 49-38 victory in the Class 4A state tournament on Thursday. Back-to-back turnovers by Forest Hill (30-4) gave New Albany (27-5) a new sense of life when an offensive putback by Michah Washington made it a 41-38 game at […]
Pamela Danielle Robertson and Joseph Stephen Pannell of New Albany were united in marriage on January 23, 2009 in Savannah, Tenn. Pamela is the daughter of Danny and Sara Robertson of New Albany and is the granddaughter of James and Lorene Tollison, Julia Robertson and the late Roy Robertson. Joseph is the son of Janny […]
Five generations of the Brown, Dodds, Stewart family. Left to right: Jennifer Dodds Brown, Gary Dodds, Ruth Dodds, baby Hadley Grace Brown, and MarLis Stewart
Will and Carrie Chandler of Saltillo are pleased to announce the birth of their daughter, Addison Lynn Chandler. Addison was born on Friday, February 13, 2009, at the Women’s Hospital in Tupelo, Miss. She weighed 7 lbs., 6 oz. Her maternal grandparents are Susan Martin Feather and the late Dr. Ronald Lynn Feather of New […]
Jobless Mississippians may be looking back at the last statewide elections and wondering why they voted to reelect Haley Barbour as their governor. As employed citizens, the political posturing and blustery talk is entertaining and not of much concern, but once you lose your job and the governor you helped to reelect starts playing […]
There is a new doctor in town that specializes in neurology, sleep medicine and sleep disorders. He is board certified in neurology and sleep medicine and his name is William E. Owens, IV, M.D. Baptist Memorial Hospital – Union County has a sleep disorder clinic for treating patients with various sleep disorders and neurological problems. […]
- Ashland clips Myrtle in division action January 27, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Soups to bowl you over January 30, 2015
- Eastern Lights January 30, 2015
- Rite-Aid burglary may be tied to string of similar break-ins January 30, 2015
- Union County jobless rate up slightly; state still worst in nation January 30, 2015
- New Albany schools announce teachers of the year January 30, 2015
- More candidates join Third District supervisor’s race January 30, 2015
- Baptist Memorial Hospital brings new surgeon in January 30, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...