Robert “Bob” Dillard, 73 Robert “Bob” Eugene Dillard, 73, of Blue Springs, died Saturday, Dec. 27, 2008, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Nov. 19, 1935, in Union County to the late Bethel Dillard and Lillie Yarbrough Dillard. He was a retired mechanic for Morris Scrap Metal, an Air Force Veteran […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
James Robbins, 75 James Herbert Robbins, 75, of Pontotoc, died Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2008 at his residence. He was a member of New Hope Baptist Church in Aurora, IL and a Mechanic. James loved his cars and working as a tow truck operator. Services were at 2:00 p.m. Friday, Dec. 19, 2008 at Shady Grove […]
Mary Crain, 75 Mary Morris Crain, 75, of Southaven, MS, formerly of Memphis, Tenn. passed away Sunday, January 11, 2009. Born May 5, 1933 in Union County, MS, she moved to Memphis in 1953. She was a member of Longstreet United Methodist Church. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday, January 14, 2009, at […]
Zachery Howell celebrated his sixth birthday at Chuck E. Cheese with family and friends. He is the son of Derrick and Jan Howell of Etta and the grandson of Dorothy Howell of Potts Camp, Miss.
New Albany 7 Tish. County 0 (girls) After a tough loss to Corinth last week, NAHS rebounded with a 7-0 win over Tishomingo County. Jenna Davis opened the scoring when she converted a Kellie Skinner cross. Shelby Brown quickly followed with her first of four goals off a pass from Estefany Fernandez. Shelby’s other goals […]
It’s long been said free throws can win or lose ballgames and the North Pontotoc Vikings proved that statement to be true on Tuesday against Ingomar. The Falcons got off to a strong start behind the hot shooting of Matt Purvis and the interior play of Zach Carnell, but things started to turn the way […]
West Union’s bowling teams have started the new year off right, as they have won two straight matches after falling to Tupelo in December. The Eagles and Lady Eagles took on South Panola on January 6 and defeated the girls 5-3 and shutout the boys 8-0. Jessica Clark bowled a 170 to lead the Lady […]
The cartoon to the right of this editorial clearly exemplifies the plight of local charities during these hard economic times. The wheels are literally off of the meals-on-wheels program. Obviously, this newsaper is vitally interested in the continued contributions to Sharing at Christmas, as it has been for over 30 years. However, things are really […]
There are few Americans in my age group who do not have parents or close relatives who were touched by the Works Progress Administration (WPA) and/or the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), two big-government programs that saved a nation and it’s people. Many of us privately feel gratitude to our government for making their survival possible, […]
Toyota’s announcement on Monday was not the kind of news most Northeast Mississippian’s would call welcome on the eve of Christmas. Of course, such news would not be welcome at any time of the year anyway. It’s not secret that we have all been somewhat nervous about the progress of the Toyota project partly as […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Annual Connie Davis Fishing Rodeo is Saturday August 20, 2014
- New Birth Community Church to hold open house Sunday August 22, 2014
- County’s jobless rate lowest in north half of Mississippi August 22, 2014
- CREATE program looks for ways to improve career readiness August 22, 2014
- Barretos back in Union County August 27, 2014
- Labor Day to affect deadlines, public services August 27, 2014
- County investigating burglaries August 27, 2014
- New Birth Community Church holds open house August 27, 2014
- Supervisors hit snag in courthouse roof repair but get good news concerning care of local mental patients August 27, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?