Cold weather is still here, but it’s time to get our lawns ready for the spring and summer seasons. Those nasty weeds that make our lawns look so bad can be gotten under control. For most of us who grow Bermuda, Centipede, Zoysia, St. Augustine, and tall fescue in our yards, it’s time to spray […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
NAHS started their 2009 golf campaign March 5 at the Oaks Country Club. The Bulldogs finished 2nd and 4th in boys action, while the girls picked up a first place finish. The varsity boys picked up 2nd place with a team score of 166. Austin Holt, Laden Stanford, Peyton Dunlap and Sam Cooper all scored […]
Today’s are just old favorites I used to have often, but I had sort of forgotten them.They taste as good as they did. SWEET POTATO BREAD 1 cup margarine, softened 3 cups sugar 3 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla baked and mashed sweet potatoes to equal 2 cups 3 cups all-purpose flour 1 ½ […]
Several missed our Valentine banquet. Maybe the cold night had something to do with our crowd. The fellowship was good, the food too and our entertainment. Randy Dunnam was supposed to sing but was only able to do one number because of a cold. His daughters filled in for him and were well received. Sela […]
We have lots to celebrate this week. Today (Monday), we have a full moon (always beautiful), Abraham Lincoln’s 200th birthday Thursday the 12th, and Valentine’s Day Saturday, February 14th. That is enough for one week, however, Brian Roberson of Alabama, also has a 29th birthday to celebrate. Brian is one of sister Katie’s grandsons. Happy […]
I would like to thank all of you for the nice compliments I have heard about the Eastern Lights. A special hello to the senior citizens and especially Ola Messer, Valeria Kelly, Mae Etta Hill, Toy Hogue and Ruth Hardy. Senior citizens are a special people and you can learn a lot from them. Loretta […]
Now that you have most of your heavy pruning done, it’s time to spray. A good dormant oil will help take care of pests that have made it through the winter. Be sure to spray the underside of the foliage as well as the ground around the plant. You want to make sure that when […]
Monday started with cloudy skies which were clear before dinner time. There were many cousins form this area who attended the funeral of Bessie Neul Garrison Thomas Monday afternoon. She was the daughter of the late Earl and Addie Williams Garrison who lived in this community years ago. She was buried at Pleasant Ridge Cemetery […]
The blue sky and the sunshine are nice today even if it is a little chilly. The temperature is above freezing but still is a little cold. Shirley Shirley went to the doctor Friday, February 13th. They ran tests all day but did give her a break for her and James to go get some […]
Hello again Hawk fans. The Myrtle Hawks and Lady Hawks basketball teams are both on a winning streak, baseball is finally here, and state testing will begin soon. The Lady Hawks defeated Shelby Broad Street and Shaw in the North Half Tournament going to state in 2nd place. Monday they played in their 1st game […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Weather causes rescheduling of Union County/New Albany girls basketball February 23, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...