The saying goes “pretty is as pretty does” so the evidence that spring is on the way does al little show by the new fresh blooms of the little yellow jonquils that have made a pretty scene this early season. A bouquet of the fresh blooms were gathered and brought to me from the yard […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
As I write to you this week, I am reminded of so many words I hear each time someone passes from this life. He or she was such a wonderful person. Maybe we should just tell one another how wonderful or what a good cook they are or just thank them for being a friend. […]
We have all seen it. A football player makes a big play, scores the winning touchdown, drops to one knee and points a finger towards the heavens. What does it mean when in a moment of success a player acknowledges God in someway? Does the gesture mean that the player is giving God credit […]
Senior Josh Hodges pitched four scoreless innings and struck out 16 Seminole batters in the Flacons 14-4 division win in six innings over Smithville. Ingomar broke open a scoreless game with five runs in the third off three hits and one error before adding four more runs on four hits in the fourth. John Logan […]
Deepest sympathy to the family of Kathy McMillan who was buried last Tuesday. She was the mother of our youth director, Brother Chad Roberts. Our prayers are with Brother Chad and his family. We also extend deepest sympathy to the families of Curtis Fooshee, Charlie Hill, Davis Jones, Dorothy Gullett and Christine Gaines. Mrs. Gaines […]
Congratulations to Scott and Stephanie Coomer and Anna Grace on the birth of their son and brother, Will Presley Coomer who weighed 8 lbs. He was born Wednesday, February 11. Proud grandparents are Lynn and Brenda Moody and Brenda Coomer. Get well wishes to Gretchin Moody who had surgery on both arms a week ago. […]
Today’s recipes are from an old cookbook with recipes from our state. FROZEN FRUIT SALAD 1 ½ cups sour cream ½ cup powdered sugar Pinch of salt 2 tablespoons lemon juice ½ cp maraschino cherries, sliced 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple 1 can white grapes 1 can apricots 1 envelope plain gelatin 8 […]
East Union 7 Hickory Flat 1 Savannah Alexander picked up her third win of the year, as East Union improved to 5-0 with the 7-1 win over the Lady Rebels Friday night. Behind Stephanie Dillard’s three hits and a homerun by Sunnie Knighton, the Lady Urchins found their offense late in the game, posting all […]
Hey there Bullpups, how’s it going? I hope that everyone is having a fantastic week! We have a lot going on this week at NAMS. Mrs. Linville’s 7th grade English class just got finished with their children’s books. These students won the Children’s Book Award: Bryce Collins, Trinity Dye, Jacob Hall, Cole Owen, Allie Owen, […]
Nathan Holbrook, son of Larry Holbrook, made the President’s list. He is a student at Mississippi State University. Nathan graduated from West Union High School. His grandmother Wanda Holbrook lives in Holly Springs. (She used to be my neighbor) Shelia Parker’s great-aunt, Lela McCauly is in Roselawn Nursing Home, but just for rehab because of […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Three Rivers director Randy Kelley named one of top economic developers February 20, 2015
- Cornersville-Blythe for Feb. 27, 2015 February 26, 2015
- Eastern Lights for Feb. 27, 2015 February 26, 2015
- Ellistown Breezes for Feb. 27, 2015 February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...