Hello to all, especially Ola Messer. I am glad to report that David is improving nicely and getting about without the walker some after another week at Baptist Memorial in New Albany. There has been so much happened since we have been gone. We send our best wishes to Brother Charlie Ransier and family in […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Bulldog fans had their first look at the 2009 squad last Friday night, as NAHS hosted their annual “Meet the Bulldogs” before a jamboree game versus Alcorn Central. The varsity ‘Dawgs, along with the junior high teams, varsity softball, cross country and band were all introduced, followed by exhibition the junior varsity and varsity exhibitions […]
Belton and Ruth Berry, Margie Waldrop, and Bethany Kieper of Starkville visited with Melba Jeane and Lamar Russell during the weekend. They had lunch with Bernis Graham at her home at Sand Springs. Belton Berry was a player on the 1938 boys basketball team from Hurricane High that won the Northwest Mississippi State Champions and […]
Many Union Countians saw their dream come true Monday afternoon as the countywide football took the field for the first time. Around 90 kids were bussed to the New Albany Sportsplex, where the coaching staff spent the day teaching them basic warm-ups and fundamentals as a first step in fielding a team this season. “Right […]
Dear Amy: I’m a 26-year-old woman with a degree in liberal arts and a job doing data entry for a retail corporation. I moved to a new city a year ago after having lived my whole life in a small college town. I’m having a really rough time here. I overspent myself into some serious […]
Hello, my name is Justin Bates. I have been attending New Haven since 2002, and I am glad to be back this year. Our first day was Thursday, August 6, and we had 18 present. Friends from last year who are back include: Martha Biggs, Katie Blythe, Ricky Joe Caviness, Deb Cook, Deborah Griffin, Alisa […]
My wife told me I shouldn’t write this column. She’s a bit superstitious about it, and she’s afraid I’ll jinx our son, Joe. The topic came up when I mentioned how Joe, who is a high-school senior over in Florence, Ala., has had his own car for more than a year now. He has had […]
James Gregory, 63 James Curtis (J.C.) Gregory, 63, died Monday, August 10, 2009 at home after a battle with colon cancer with his family surrounding him. J.C. was born and raised in Union County, MS. In 1960 he moved to Aurora, IL. In 1981 he founded Jim’s Transmission in Aurora, IL. In 1987 he opened […]
Forty-seven attendees enjoyed an evening of fellowship, games, and a cakewalk along with a dinner of hamburgers, hot dogs, and homemade ice cream for the July 21st meeting of Liberty School. Lil Grisham welcomed those in attendance. Tony Brooks gave the invocation/blessing prior to dinner. Thanks to: Lil Grisham and David Crumpton for supplying and […]
Hi, I am Jennifer Manning and I am beginning my second year at New Haven. Last week was our first full week. Josh Turner and Essence Cannon who had been with us last year returned on Monday. We now have 20 attending. We started going to the Healthplex on Tuesday and went again on Thursday. […]
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer