The Sunday “Out of School” Fellowship will be held May 31 at Sherman Baptist for college/career and youth. Grilled hamburgers will be served, and the youth will enjoy a time of basketball/volleyball in the gym after the evening service. The Pastor’s Pals Club is starting June 7 for grades K-6th at Sherman Baptist Church. Graduation […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
The weeks roll around so fast and not being able to get about and learn much of the news of the community makes it difficult to come up about the residents. As far as I know there has been none who had to face a tragedy of bad sickness or accidents in their paths which […]
Congratulations to Amanda Waldron and to Byron Tate who were married at Thaxton Baptist Church on Saturday, May 16. Amanda is the daughter of Randal and Joyce (Williams) Waldron. VBS at Hurricane Baptist Church will be held from June 8-12 beginning at 6:00p.m – 8:30p.m. Kathy, Bradley and Brent Montgomery and Erica Montgomery attended the […]
West Union fell in the State Championship to St. Aloysius 6-0 Thursday and 13-2 Friday night. Be sure to read the New Albany Gazette on Wednesday for the complete series recap.
New Albany High School has announced that Karl Capaning and Jennie Katherine Ellis are the Class of 2009’s Valedictorian and Salutatorian respectively. Capaning, son of Edgar and Ninabeth Capaning, and brother to Lianne Capaning, is the Valedictorian with a 4.0 grade point average. Karl says he plans to begin a pursuit of a major in […]
Ingomar Attendance Center has announced their Class of 2009 Valedictorian and Salutatorian- Suzanne Nicole Hill and Alejandro Corey Price. Hill will represent the class as the 2009 Valedictorian. She is the daughter of Connie and Charles Potts of Ingomar. Her sibling, Zachary, is in the fourth grade at Ingomar, and she is the granddaughter of […]
Today’s recipes are from “Best of the Best from America Cookbook.” HAM LOAF SAUCE ½ cup brown sugar 1/2 cup hot water 1 ½ tablespoons mustard 2 ½ tablespoons vinegar Combine all ingredients until brown sugar is dissolved. HAM LOAF 1 lb. ground, smoked ham 1 pound ground pork 3 cups bread […]
Deepest sympathy to the family of Jeanette White Hutchison, who recently died. She was the wife of Billy Hutchinson. I knew Jeanette’s mother and daddy when I was growing up here in the community. Her Dad, John White led the singing at Ellistown church for several years. He and his wife, Rudell, were faithful […]
Sunday morning’s rain didn’t seem to hurt the church crowd. We had visitors, several of them were former members who came back home to be with their mothers. Teresa Shettles sang a very appropriate song before Brother Bobby brought his message entitled “Love Your Mother” There was no evening service. The day began when […]
Well it is still wet around Keownville and looks as if we will have mostly a wet week ahead. I have tomato plants that need to be in the ground, but praise be to God I’m not in control but I know WHO is. Saturday I was privileged to attend another granddaughters, Paula McCullough’s, surprise […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...