It may be slightly early but county and city governments are already reminding the public about changes concerning the Memorial Day holiday May 30. Of most interest is the change in solid-waste pickup that week. Inside the New Albany city limits their usual pattern will be followed: there will be no garbage pickup May 30 […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
An additional Mississippi Hills grant round with $50,000 available is now open during the dates of May 1-June 30 for Education grants only. These grants can be used to help defray some of the costs associated with school field trips during the 2016-17 school year. “We had a great response to our first grant round,” said MHNHA Executive […]
Senior Citizens’ Day will be held at the Union County Fairgrounds next Thursday, May 19, according to Sheriff Jimmy Edwards. His department sponsors the annual event with help from a grant from the Mississippi Council on Aging. Entertainment will begin about 10:30 with TV’s Kay Bain, Doug Hill and Brock White as likely performers. The […]
CREATE Foundation’s Commission on the Future of Northeast Mississippi will host its 20th annual State of the Region meeting from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 26. The meeting will be held at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. The State of the Region meeting will feature three speakers, Don Nielsen, Blake Wilson, and Mike Tagert. […]
By Tommie Cooper Wednesday I went by and got my mom’s friend Ms. Virginia to go visit my mom. She was so surprised; she didn’t know she was coming. They had a great visit together. I ate lunch with Momma, then after lunch Elaine brought Ms. Ruth and Mr. Virgil for a visit. For the Wednesday night Bible […]
By Lou McQuary Macedonia had several members who graduated this week from college. Penny Hallam graduated from Northeast with a degree in Applied Sciences in Paralegal Technology. Jodie McMillen graduated from ICC in nursing. On Friday night she had her pinning ceremony at Fulton Davis event center. Graduation was Saturday where she graduated with honors […]
While summer may not be here yet, the annual Union County Fair is still only about two months away. The five-day event will run July 12-16 and this year the fair is focusing more on community service, fair board president Larry Chism told event coordinators Tuesday. The idea grew out of the practice the past […]
The New Albany Ballet Company is presenting an original full-length ballet production of “Wizard of Oz” tonight and Saturday, May 13-14, at 7 p.m. in The Magnolia Civic Center in New Albany under the direction of Justine Ward Stewart. The ballet company will be joined by the younger members of the New Albany School of […]
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has announced that construction crews will be alternately closing the eastbound and westbound lanes of Highway 78 at the Little Tallahatchie River and at Carter and Central Avenues in Union County for a bridge deck repair project. Additionally, the Carter and Central Avenue entrance ramp on Highway 78 westbound […]
New Albany Elementary Principal Jamey Wright told students if they could raise $20,000 he would spend the night on the school roof. They exceeded that and on Wednesday night Wright climbed to the top of the building to fulfill his pledge, armed with a cot, tent, wifi and electronic devices, waiting to greet students Thursday […]
- The Playhouse May 17, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- The Playhouse May 19, 2016
- River Players to present comedy-murder mystery next week May 19, 2016
- Myrtle Church to host Dave Ramsey financial series May 19, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- City wants residents to be aware of yard sale, sign regulations May 19, 2016
- Farmers’ Market opens June 4 May 19, 2016
- Downtown area getting new parking lot May 19, 2016
- More graduation ceremonies Friday night, Saturday May 19, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...