Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford was waiting on absentee ballots for the Nov. 3 general election early this week but does have the approved final form to serve as a sample ballot to help voters. Unlike in party primaries, voters may choose whichever candidates they wish regardless of political affiliation. At this point disputed […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
The 2015 Tallahatchie RiverFest is Friday and Saturday and this year’s 26th edition will be in a more closely-situated form than in years past. While some related activities will take place in other locations, the RiverFest itself will be in the area occupied by the Biscuits and Jam Farmers’ Market and the land connecting the […]
It’s once again time for people to consider getting their influenza vaccinations for the year. While it’s too early to tell for sure, health officials are expecting this year’s vaccine to be more effective than last year. The vaccines have to be prepared before flu season so which varieties that are to be protected against […]
By Ben Bernstein, MD September is National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month and I want to encourage everyone, especially men, to learn more about prostate cancer and how it can affect your health. There are late stages of prostate cancer that can cause patients to experience various symptoms like severe back pain, difficulty emptying the bladder, […]
Work finally began on the long-awaited Zaxby’s chicken restaurant this past week. Although the start was delayed several months, city officials say they have been told the work will be complete in 90 days. The restaurant will be on Park Plaza Drive between Lowes and Tallahatchie Storage.
The Faulkner Scenic Byway tour will leave New Albany on Sept. 25 at 2 p.m. from the First United Methodist Church parking lot. The tour bus will carry visitors to Greenfield Farm, Rocky Ford, Philadelphia Community and will be at Rowan Oak at approximately 4:30 for a reception. From there it will return to New Albany. […]
National Voter Registration Day was Sept. 22 and the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office wants to encourage voters to register to vote in the upcoming general election. “Casting a ballot on Election Day is not only our right, but our responsibility—one we too often take for granted,” says Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “We have […]
Pre-K and kindergarten students from the four county schools were brought to BNA Bank Park Wednesday morning to visit with some of the community helpers who provide services every day. They included law enforcement, fire, utility, medical and other professionals who talked with the children and showed them aspects of their jobs. […]
The fall series of Business2Business luncheons sponsored by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi began this past Thursday with an outside view of New Albany and its educational system by CREATE Foundation Vice-President Lewis Whitfield. And, mostly, he had good news for the community, saying we were doing well in most areas. Whitfield, who joined CREATE 11 […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on