The Union County Development Association has been holding a series of informational and discussion breakfasts for area industry CEOs and human resource managers. A topic that keeps coming up is the problem of finding properly trained employees to hire, and employees that understand what the job entails and the work ethic needed to succeed in […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Chris McDaniel, Tea Party candidate for the U. S. Senate, made good on his promise to take his runoff loss to Thad Cochran to the courts this past Thursday. If he is successful, it could have an impact on the election process in Union County as well as statewide. McDaniel filed suit against Cochran in […]
The 32nd annual Connie Davis Fishing Rodeo will be held this Saturday, Aug. 23, at Camp Armstrong. The event is for children ages 6 though 12 (each child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian). Registration is from 6 to 7:15 a.m. Fishing goes from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. and young anglers will weigh […]
OXFORD – Another football season, another dramatic win. New Albany came out firing on all cylinders for their jamboree contest against the Kossuth Aggies, winning in a 14-12 decision after taking an early lead and never looking back. For a team who averaged seven points per game last season, the two touchdowns are already […]
CREATE’s Toyota Wellspring Advisory Committee will host a community forum in New Albany next week to discuss the need for improvement in K-12 career awareness and readiness in public schools. The forum, set for 5:15 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 20, at Magnolia Civic Center, will be one of three to be held in Union, Pontotoc and […]
Law enforcement officers from six counties were in New Albany Thursday to emphasize the danger of drinking and driving. The event at Taylor’s Restaurant was the formal kickoff of this year’s “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” DUI campaign, hosted by the Mississippi Office of Highway Safety. The program begins Friday, Aug. 15, and ends […]
A lack of available industrial buildings has been cited as an obstacle in the community’s effort to recruit new companies, but that situation may have improved slightly this week. Industrial Developer Josh West, who represents Union, Pontotoc and Chickasaw counties, told Union County supervisors that the owners of the former Hell Creek Industries millwork plant […]
Maxine Mroz Hunter, Union County native now living in Bartlett, Tenn., has recently published a book of human interest columns that she wrote from 1987 through 2002 for the New Albany Gazette. She will be featured at the next Museum Moments on Thursday, Aug. 21, at noon at the museum. The book, entitled Life Lessons […]
There was hardly any chicken and no beer at all at the monthly New Albany aldermen’s meeting Tuesday – at least in terms of discussion concerning the agenda. What were likely two of the most-anticipated topics were the questions of whether to allow beer and light wine sales at public special events in the city […]
Efforts to rid the city of houses that have been abandoned, present health hazards or are generally unfit for human use are continuing as New Albany aldermen voted to demolish five more structures and set another five for public hearings next month. “There was not so much controversy,” Mayor Tim Kent said, at least partly […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Hawks fall 3-1 to Corinth on Willams’ homerun hit August 19, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Urchins open season with Houlka Wildcats August 20, 2014
- Keep “Feet” on tour August 22, 2014
- CREATE program looks for ways to improve career readiness August 22, 2014
- County’s jobless rate lowest in north half of Mississippi August 22, 2014
- New Birth Community Church to hold open house Sunday August 22, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?