By Martha Hardy Greetings to all from our corner of the world. Here is hoping that those of you who are fortunate enough to still have your father with you, enjoyed spending time together on Father’s Day. I missed Sue and Bill Rowland at church yesterday. They usually sit on the row just in front […]
Deck Your Yard had a ribbon-cutting Friday to mark the new ownership of Brady Daniel and family. Daniel also has operated 3D Pine Straw for the past three years. Although separate companies, both will be run from the 816 ½ W. Bankhead St. address. Deck Your Yard was formerly owned by Sarah Brock Farr and […]
It’s amazing how quickly five years have blown by in my life. In June of 2008, I accepted this job; not knowing really how much work it would take to be successful. Over this time, I’ve given my all to make the sports section of the Gazette respectable. I’ll let you be the judge on […]
A select group from Hickory Flat had a once in a lifetime opporunity that included working on basketball fundamentals and visiting two universities in Indiana. Head coach Michael Seger took 13 players from his junior high and varsity teams to the Indiana Basketball Academy (IBA) camp earlier this month, where they learned skills from several […]
The Union County Master Gardeners program has grown and gained respect over the past few years for their annual home and garden show and recently they added another honor: three of their members took the top awards at the Mississippi Master Gardener Conference in Brookhaven. Tim Burress was named 2012 Master Gardener, Stanley Wise was […]
New Albany Volleyball Coach Shay Ashford announces the New Albany Volleyball Camp will be held June 25-27 at New Albany Middle School from 9 a.m. – 12 noon. Registration is $55.00 and all girls will receive a free volleyball. Camp is for girls ages 4-13. Contact Coach Ashford at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 662-687-2592 to register […]
The 2013 College World Series has been exciting and also a bit surprising so far as we have seen the three top teams of Oregon State, LSU, and North Carolina fall into the loser’s bracket after game one. At this writing, LSU and North Carolina are due to face each other in an elimination game, […]
I was raised with the notion that it isn’t good manners to toot one’s own horn or be prideful. On the other hand, how does one resolve the conflict between that and the admonition not to hide one’s light under a bushel? Perhaps the ideal is somewhere in between. What’s the point of this? Just […]
By J. Lynn West Matters relating to city improvements took up much of the agenda at the New Albany Board of Aldermen’s regular meeting June 4. The board gave approval to formally advertise for bids on the $1.2 million bond issue that will help repay for the tennis addition to BNA Park. Ward One Alderman […]
The 2013 Dance Like The Stars is August 24, and it promises to be the biggest year yet for Boys & Girls Clubs of North Mississippi! On May 21, the BGCNMS Corporate Board of Directors hosted its Annual Greet The Stars Party during a rooftop reception at Park Heights Restaurant. Dancers were greeted by Board […]
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Columbus Day holiday won’t affect most services October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on