We occasionally experience interruptions of electric power and other utility services, often as a result of bad weather. That’s something we have little control over. But other types of widespread service interruptions often could be avoided with a simple phone call. “When you dig – even for simply planting a tree or digging a hole […]
Defense… That was the story of the exhibition game between the East Union Urchins against the New Albany Bulldogs Thursday night. It was a back and forth, topsy turvy, razzle dazzle game with the Urchins coming out with a 6-1 victory. It looked like a good start for the Bulldogs in the first inning on […]
Union County participants in the 2013 Itawamba Community College Soccer Camp: (left to right) Sam Hickey, Perry McKinney, Josh Hill, Rachel Rainey, Carly Hill, Caret Beth Doyle, Charlsey Rowan, Karlie Topper, Sarah Kathryn Harris. (Maggie Caldwell/ICCImages.com)
From top left to right, Ethan Kimbrough, Shaelee Manning, Jared Dillard, Jenna Tate, Joanna Manning (head coach), Marley Mills, Micah Taylor, Aidan Mills, Johnna Mills, Ella Mills, and Kevin Kimbrough (assistant coach). The local swim team members attended the 2013 State Games of Mississippi. June 8-9.
Ethan Kimbrough (6 and under boys) and Shaelee Manning (7-8 year-old girls) won high point medals at the 2013 state games of Mississippi for swimming held on June 8-9. They are from the Tallahatchie Tidal Waves swim team of New Albany, Union County and Booneville.
By Rex Wilgus For the News Exchange (Editor’s note: The version of this story that appeared in the print version of the News Exchange contained some incorrect information about teacher resignations and change of duties at Myrtle Attendance Center. The version below is corrected.) NEW ALBANY – During their regular meeting on June 3, 2013, […]
By Sandra Priest Special correspondent Presiding over his final board meeting for the town of Ecru, Mayor Tom Todd welcomed board members and citizens to town hall as he called the meeting to order. On hand for their final month in their terms as aldermen were Bill Nance, Ivonne Whitehead, Ronnie Stephens, Pat Davis, and […]
Five Tips Customers Can Participate in Protecting Themselves from Financial Abuse In recognition of Elder Abuse Day on June 15 BNA Bank is helping to stop financial abuse of elderly customers. “The elderly are increasingly becoming targets for financial abuse,” said James R. Collins, BNA Bank CEO and President “At least 20 percent of Americans […]
Museum Moment’s topic is Brigadier General Mark Perrin Lowery, Soldier, Preacher, Teacher and founder of Blue Mountain College
“Brigadier General Mark Perrin Lowery, Soldier, Preacher, Teacher” is the topic of the Museum Moments this Thursday, June 20, noon, at the Union County Heritage Museum in New Albany. Historian Dr. Stewart Bennett, head of the History Department at Blue Mountain, will speak about Lowery and the amazing accomplishments he made creating a women’s school […]
A commemoration of the Civil War burning of New Albany and Battle of Mud Creek was held with the unveiling of a quilt block in Cooper Park on Tuesday this past week. Students from Staley High School in Kansas City, Mo created the quilt block for the Piece Makers Quilt Trail: A Stitch in Time […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry