Jerry William Owens, 66, died Sunday, June 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Dec. 8, 1946, in Prentiss County to Leon and Myrtle Owens. He was a retired auto mechanic and attended Northside Baptist Church. He was a very special man. Services were at 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 26, […]
John Wayne “Tinker” Moody, 59, of Etta, died Sunday, June 23, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born Jan. 7, 1954, in New Albany, to James Wilson and Mamie Sue Swatley Moody. He was a Baptist and had worked as a furniture manufacturing employee. He loved his family and his friends. Services […]
Beloved Dot Hill, wife of Glen Hill, from Keownville, passed away to be with her Heavenly Father on Friday, June 21, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born Dorothy Hazel Gadd, on July 9, 1933, in Potts Camp, to Earnest and Ezra Gadd, she was a member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church where […]
Jane Frances Andrews, 87, of Blue Mountain, died Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at Tippah County Hospital in Ripley. She was born March 21, 1926, in Scranton, Pa. She graduated from Pittston High School in Pittston, Pa. She married Edward G. Andrews, moved to Mississippi, then Tennessee, and then settled in Blue Mountain. After rearing her […]
Claudie S. Wood, 77, of Golden, died Monday, June 17, 2013, at Tishomingo Manor in Iuka. He was born April 4, 1936, in Itawamba County. He was retired from Sunshine Homes. He was a member of Calvary Baptist Church. Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, at Calvary Baptist Church in Belmont with […]
Mary E. Byrd, 95, of Holland, Mich., passed away Friday, June 14, 2013, at Resthaven Care Center following a long illness. She was born Sept. 27, 1917, in Mississippi to Geneva and B.B. Hall Sr. She was a member of the Seventh Day Adventist Church. Graveside services were at 11 a.m. Thursday, June 20, at […]
Leonard Dexter Rosser, 90, of Germantown, Tenn., passed away Wednesday, June 5, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis. He was born on May 18, 1923, in Belmont. He graduated from Belmont High School. He served in the Army Air Corps during World War II, serving in the Philippines and New Guinea. Upon returning from the war, […]
Jill Cataldo saves hundreds by making the most of the common coupon. You can, too. Here’s how. Coupon conundrum By Jill Cataldo CTW Features The fine print on a coupon can be a little confusing. There’s a lot of legalese, and some of the terms may even seem contradictory. Need help understanding the terminology of […]
New Albany School of Ballet Director Justine Stewart said the school was pleased to serve as host to Nikolai Morschakov of Russia, while he worked as a guest artist teaching ballet technique and partnering to the New Albany Ballet Company students. Morschakov graduated with honors from the Saratov State Choreographic Academy, Russia in 1995. Immediately […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell I’m in sunny Florida waiting for Princess Mitchell to make her appearance. This is our first girl and the first of the three to be late arriving. The wait isn’t too hard when you have sunny days, beaches, boats and a four-year-old to entertain you. No worries, Jackson and I are […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry