By Lou McQuary Mitchell and Debbie Jumper recently took their family on a seven-day cruise to the Bahamas. Those enjoying the trip were Debbie and Mitchell Jumper; Kyle, Christie, Kylee Ann and Lucy Jumper; Danny, Meghan, Sadie and Cannon Cobb. The port of call was Key West, Fla., Freeport and Nassau Bahamas. Their view for […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Tommie Cooper For Wednesday night’s Bible study Feb. 3, Bro. Hall was in I John 5:14, “And this is the confidence that we have in Him that if we ask any thing according to His will He heareth us.” Birthdays are Keith Herring on Feb.13, Steve Tutor Feb.14 and Danny Malone Feb. 15. Happy birthday and […]
By Susan Hooker Snow flurries are in the forecast for the second week of February in Hurricane with the weather going from spring-like days to rain, then to the bitter cold temperatures normally associated with the second month of the year. It’s hard to decide whether to believe the local forecast or the national groundhog forecast. Cohen Stubblefield […]
The New Century Club met in the home of Linda Everett on Feb. 3. Carolyn Houston reviewed Power With Grace, The Life Story of Mrs. Woodrow Wilson by Ishbel Ross. Other members present were Collett Cross, Susan Feather, Leanne George, Michelle Hagins, Lynn Madden, Martha Frances Monroe, Mary Tate Pannell, Grace Provence, Shelia Robbins, Kay […]
Robin Lindsey was hostess for the Junta Club on Feb. 2. President Jill Shaw presided over the business session. Members were thanked for serving refreshments at a recent Museum Moments meeting. Vice-President Robin Lindsey introduced program leader Rheta Ann West who reviewed David McCullough’s book “John Adams,” a Pulitzer Prize-winning biography of America’s second president […]
Today is Monday, Feb. 1. Time to turn the calendar and seems almost like we turned the calendar yesterday to January. The weather is cloudy and looks as if we will get rain although Tuesday is the best day. It is also very warm for this time of year. Palestine Baptist enjoyed a surprise visit […]
The January meeting of Liberty School was held the 19th of the month. Attendees were welcomed by Lil Nelson and Stephen Fitzgerald gave the invocation and blessing. A lunch of soup, cornbread and desserts were enjoyed by all. Mrs. Nelson recognized the January birthdays of Gwyn Barkley, Jimmie Ray Cobb, Bobby Henry, Juanita Lowery, Buck […]
By Susan Hooker The snow of Jan. 22 brought a flurry of activity to the hill as the grandchildren were out of school for a day. They also enjoyed the heavier snowfall at the deer camp in Lafayette Springs as the band of weather crisscrossed the three county lines in the northwest section of Hurricane with varying depths. […]
By Lou McQuary Last week CJ Shirley had 11 boys to come to his house to celebrate his 11th birthday. The boys played basketball until 8 p.m. and then came in and watched the movie “Hoosiers” with Jimmy. The boys enjoyed cake and ice cream sandwiches, pizza and hot dogs. They woke up at 7 […]
By Tommie Cooper Sunday, Jan. 24, was a beautiful Lord’s Day to be at church. The youths were in the choir. They looked good. Shelia sang a special, “I Have so Much to be Thankful For.” It was so pretty. Bro. Hall’s message was in Romans 9:6-16 and Acts 20:16, “For many are called but few […]
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...