The Junta Club met for the first meeting for the club year at the home of Jennifer Beam on Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013. Susan Feather, President presided over the business session. Vice President Bethany Dalton distributed yearbooks and introduced the theme for the year, Chick-Lit. Program Leader Ninabeth Capaning reviewed the book Undomesticated Goddess by […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Martha Swindle Two very special homecomings/celebrations are coming soon. Oct. 6 is Homecoming at Tri-County Baptist Church, and Oct. 20 is the 125th anniversary of Sherman Baptist Church. Brotherhood breakfast was held Sunday, Sept. 15, at Sherman Baptist Church. The Senior Adult Luncheon was held Tuesday, Sept. 17, at Locust Hill. A work day […]
By Lou McQuary Ernie Fuller was moved to Baptist Desoto in Southaven last week. He was flown by airplane because the doctor didn’t think he was well enough to withstand the long drive from Tallahassee. He is receiving therapy three times a day. The family is elated that he is doing as well as he […]
By Susan Hooker The September 13-5th weekend weather was perfect in the community as the early morning temps in the 50s had residents busy with lawn care, area joggers and bike riders on the move, and the harvest for soybeans underway. The sign at the Hurricane Haunted House and Forest located behind the community center […]
By Martha Swindle Congratulations to Alderman Wayne Bullock for meeting the qualifications required to graduate as an Advanced Certified Municipal Official. Bullock was recently notified by the Mississippi Municipal League that he will graduate at the next CMO Ceremony during the 2013 Small Town Conference in Tunica, in November. This achievement is commendable in the […]
By Lou McQuary On Sunday, Sept. 1, Jed Rucker Long celebrated his fourth birthday at Chuck E Cheese in Tupelo. Friends celebrating with him were Drew Stanton; Lucy and Kylee Anne Jumper; Kinsley and Kelsey Coffey; Garrison Carpenter; Joe Quay, Cole Morris and Luke Willard; John Quitman Brewer; Chloe, Zoey, and Callyn Wright; Ava Grace […]
By Susan Hooker Signs of the season in September include the final, feeding frenzies of the hummingbirds as they prepare for their trip to more southern climates. The aptly named hummingbird vines covered with red blooms attract them as well as the feeders with nectar. Once you get the vines established, they become a task […]
By Lou McQuary Sarah Brock Farr, Beverly Hall, Holly Coffey, Belinda Davis, and Kay Russell spent the weekend, Aug. 16-18, with Jane Ford at the Ford cabin on Pickwick. While there, the girls visited the dam and ate at Pickwick Lodge and R&B in Counce, Tenn. and at St. Clair on the Marina. They also […]
By Susan Hooker The traffic on Hwy. 346 will be heavier this week as area schools will be registering students on Thursday-Friday. Classes will begin on Aug. 12. The youths of Oak Dale Baptist Church enjoyed a trip to Hot Springs, Ark. Those traveling were as follows: Elizabeth Thompson, Ava and Amelia Merritt, Katelyn Wright, […]
Monday, Sept. 2 No Classes, Labor Day Holiday Tuesday, Sept. 3 Breakfast Grades Pre-K-12 Sausage/Biscuit, (2 pk.) Jelly, Bread Bowl, Gravy/Bacon, Marshmallow Mateys Cereal, Fruit Juice, Sliced Peaches, One Percent White Milk, Fat Free Strawberry, Fat Free Chocolate Lunch Grades Pre-K-8 Pepperoni Pizza, Chicken Patty Sandwich, Veggies/Dip, Whole Kernel Corn, Man. Fruit Cup, Peach Slices, […]
- County makes arrests in area burglaries March 4, 2015
- Sunday is day to ‘spring forward’ to Daylight Saving Time March 4, 2015
- Still no decision on Extension Office renovation; gun carrying prohibition clarified March 6, 2015
- NA police switching to electronic citation system March 6, 2015
- Futorian descendents visit to learn more about family history March 6, 2015
- East Union Attendance Center beauty review March 6, 2015
- East Union students help save lives of two wreck victims March 6, 2015
- Blue Springs seeks grant for more police presence March 6, 2015
- City considering plan for bike path to connect west side to park, downtown March 6, 2015
- City schools look at long-range planning, make staff appointments March 6, 2015
- Bradley Wells: Daniel rhynes has been stealing for yrs and blamin...
- Ian Somer: I can clearly see one thing here: no one genuinely...
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...