By Margaret McCraw “The Heavens declare the glory of God and the earth showeth His handiwork.” What better time than spring to show His handiwork in the many shades of green we see among the new leaves budding forth on trees and green grass in the meadows. He even gives us early blooming wildflowers to […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Lou McQuary Noel Long, Bethany Sparks, Abby Atkins, and Ja Lyn Ormon went to Orange Beach April 8-10. They enjoyed soaking up the sun and eating some good seafood. They also shopped at the Tanger Outlet. On Saturday, April 16, the families of Pat Churchill and Billy Ferguson had a family reunion at the […]
By Tommie Cooper For the Wednesday night, April 13, Bible study, Bro. Hall was in Psalms 119:13, 27, 46 and 172, “Asking for understanding.” Sunday, April 17, we had a good crowd. Lena Pearl Littlejohn sang a special, “Most of All.” It was a beautiful song. Bro. Hall’s message was in Romans 13:8-14, “It’s Time To […]
By Susan Hooker Traveling along I-40 west last week gave a glimpse into the Americana of the historic Route 66 and portions of the Chisholm Trail that intersected at various towns in the Great Plains of Oklahoma, the Texas Panhandle, and down to I-20 west to Colorado City, Texas, a town that was settled by the homesteaders of the GTT […]
The April meeting of the New Century Club was in the home of Michelle Hagins. Members present were Collett Cross, Jean Dillard, Linda Everett, Susan Feather, Leanne George, Joy Hill, Carolyn Houston, Lynn Madden, Martha Frances Monroe, Mary Tate Pannell, Grace Provence, Anna Quinn, Shelia Robbins, Joan Smith, Rheta Ann West and guest Norma Ruth […]
By Loretta Easley Sympathy is extended to the families of Ruby Tate, Janice Roberts and Dorothy Carter who were buried Thursday and Friday of this week, April 7 and April 8. May God bless all of you. Wade Chism is having some problems with blood pressure. Vickie Cook will be having surgery on her ankle […]
By Lou McQuary Beverly Hall and Darlene Redding went to the Southern Women’s Show in Germantown on Saturday, April 2. They enjoyed shopping at all the different venues. For lunch they ate at Cheddars. Beverly and Darlene Redding are cousins. Nine members of WOM I and WOM II attended the WMU Spring meeting on April […]
By Tommie Cooper Sunday, April 10, we had a good crowd today. We had a good revival last week with some saved. Thank you, God. Neal had a great birthday party Saturday at his home with kids and grands, with lots of good food and a cookout, too. He had a good time. The benefit […]
By Loretta Easley I would like to send sympathy over to Ellistown to a fellow correspondent, Margaret McCraw due to the death of her sister-in-law, Carolyn McGraw. There is an old gospel song that goes something like “Loved ones are passing each day and each hour.” We are surely finding those words so true. May […]
Jennifer Beam was hostess for the Junta Club on Tuesday, April 5. President Jill Shaw conducted the business meeting. Members present were Camille Barkley, Ninabeth Capaning, Elizabeth Crews, Collette Cross, Susan Feather, Retta Hardy, Myra Langley, Robin Lindsey, Jackie Littlejohn, Lynn, Madden, Diane McGee, Jill Shaw and Rheta Ann West. Elizabeth Crews presented the book […]
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer