By Susan Hooker The cold snap last week had childhood friends, M.P. Jarrett of Lappatubby Creek and Roy Dillard of Duncan Creek, both octogenarians, out hunting squirrels for stew in their respective neighborhoods as this is their annual fall meal. Now the persimmons, the sweet potatoes, and new sorghum molasses will grace area menus as […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Lou McQuary On Saturday, Oct. 26, Ava Grace Russell celebrated her fourth birthday at her home with a pirate party.The children came dressed as pirates, and Ava Grace was dressed as Izzy from the cartoon “Jack and the Never Land Pirates.” Children celebrating with Ava were Amya Slack; Garrison Carpenter; Jed Rucker Long; Zoey […]
By Martha Hardy Even though we have had several nights that the temperature has dropped down to the freezing point and has gotten all my plants that we meant to save, put inside etc., we still have lots of things that have not been killed, such as my cherry tomato plant. It has been such […]
By Martha Swindle Trick-or-Treaters are invited to come by the Sherman Fire Department Halloween night. The volunteer firemen will be handing out fire safety and prevention information and candy to area children. There is a chance that Sparky, the fire dog, will make an appearance. The Sherman Church of Christ Youths held their youth devo […]
By Lou McQuary Recently Regina Russell and her sister, Pam Harrison, treated their parents, Jamie and Rachel Hill, with a visit to Lawrenceburg, Tenn. They enjoyed going to the sawmill, and they watched them make molasses. The gals bought baskets, sweet potatoes, and molasses while Mr. Jamie enjoyed “getting his eyes full” of all the […]
By Martha Hardy We have certainly been enjoying this lovely fall weather, even though Chuck and I had been a bit unprepared for the cold and had not gotten our plants undercover. We had a mad rush on Saturday afternoon trying to get them in the greenhouse and basement, etc. We have plants that have […]
By Martha Swindle Trick-or-Treaters are invited to come by the Sherman Fire Department Halloween night. The volunteer firemen will be handing out fire safety and prevention information and candy to area children. There is a chance that Sparky, the fire dog, will make an appearance. Brotherhood was held at Tri-County Baptist Sunday, Oct. 13. Ladies […]
By Lou McQuary Larry and Lou McQuary went to Starkville to see their grandchildren play soccer at the Starkville Sportsplex on Friday, Oct. 11. Anna Claire and Abbie are both homeschooled and participate with other homeschoolers in the area in soccer. Homeschooling is a popular alternative to the public schools, and many groups make great […]
By Martha Hardy We have been enjoying some beautiful fall weather. The plants on my hill seem to perk up with the cooler weather. I have been almost fearful to look outside these cool morning as I have not brought anything into the green house, except a few of Chuck’s tropical plants, but I just […]
The New Century Club met in the home of Jean Dillard on Wednesday, Sept. 4. Shelia Robbins, President, presided over the business session. Members were reminded that the club would be host for Lunching with Books on Oct. 15. Linda Everett, Vice President, introduced the theme for this year, Books That Inspire, and distributed yearbooks. […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley to hold Union County town hall meeting February 25, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Urchins fall to Chieftains’ scoring surge February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Ian Somer: I can clearly see one thing here: no one genuinely...
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...