By Martha Hardy We have certainly been enjoying this lovely fall weather, even though Chuck and I had been a bit unprepared for the cold and had not gotten our plants undercover. We had a mad rush on Saturday afternoon trying to get them in the greenhouse and basement, etc. We have plants that have […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Martha Swindle Trick-or-Treaters are invited to come by the Sherman Fire Department Halloween night. The volunteer firemen will be handing out fire safety and prevention information and candy to area children. There is a chance that Sparky, the fire dog, will make an appearance. Brotherhood was held at Tri-County Baptist Sunday, Oct. 13. Ladies […]
By Lou McQuary Larry and Lou McQuary went to Starkville to see their grandchildren play soccer at the Starkville Sportsplex on Friday, Oct. 11. Anna Claire and Abbie are both homeschooled and participate with other homeschoolers in the area in soccer. Homeschooling is a popular alternative to the public schools, and many groups make great […]
By Martha Hardy We have been enjoying some beautiful fall weather. The plants on my hill seem to perk up with the cooler weather. I have been almost fearful to look outside these cool morning as I have not brought anything into the green house, except a few of Chuck’s tropical plants, but I just […]
The New Century Club met in the home of Jean Dillard on Wednesday, Sept. 4. Shelia Robbins, President, presided over the business session. Members were reminded that the club would be host for Lunching with Books on Oct. 15. Linda Everett, Vice President, introduced the theme for this year, Books That Inspire, and distributed yearbooks. […]
The Junta Club met for the first meeting for the club year at the home of Jennifer Beam on Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013. Susan Feather, President presided over the business session. Vice President Bethany Dalton distributed yearbooks and introduced the theme for the year, Chick-Lit. Program Leader Ninabeth Capaning reviewed the book Undomesticated Goddess by […]
By Martha Swindle Two very special homecomings/celebrations are coming soon. Oct. 6 is Homecoming at Tri-County Baptist Church, and Oct. 20 is the 125th anniversary of Sherman Baptist Church. Brotherhood breakfast was held Sunday, Sept. 15, at Sherman Baptist Church. The Senior Adult Luncheon was held Tuesday, Sept. 17, at Locust Hill. A work day […]
By Lou McQuary Ernie Fuller was moved to Baptist Desoto in Southaven last week. He was flown by airplane because the doctor didn’t think he was well enough to withstand the long drive from Tallahassee. He is receiving therapy three times a day. The family is elated that he is doing as well as he […]
By Susan Hooker The September 13-5th weekend weather was perfect in the community as the early morning temps in the 50s had residents busy with lawn care, area joggers and bike riders on the move, and the harvest for soybeans underway. The sign at the Hurricane Haunted House and Forest located behind the community center […]
By Martha Swindle Congratulations to Alderman Wayne Bullock for meeting the qualifications required to graduate as an Advanced Certified Municipal Official. Bullock was recently notified by the Mississippi Municipal League that he will graduate at the next CMO Ceremony during the 2013 Small Town Conference in Tunica, in November. This achievement is commendable in the […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Annual Connie Davis Fishing Rodeo is Saturday August 20, 2014
- New Birth Community Church to hold open house Sunday August 22, 2014
- County’s jobless rate lowest in north half of Mississippi August 22, 2014
- CREATE program looks for ways to improve career readiness August 22, 2014
- Barretos back in Union County August 27, 2014
- Labor Day to affect deadlines, public services August 27, 2014
- County investigating burglaries August 27, 2014
- New Birth Community Church holds open house August 27, 2014
- Supervisors hit snag in courthouse roof repair but get good news concerning care of local mental patients August 27, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?