By Camille Anding It was one of my top ten favorite hymns and though extremely limited in vocal worship, I was belting the words with ardor and devotion. Suddenly the words weren’t just words on the screen; they were messages addressed to me. “This is my story – this is my song, praising my Savior […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
The New Century Club met at the Union County Library on Wednesday, February 5, 2014. Shelia Robbins, President, presided during the business session and introduced Program Leader Jill Smith who reviewed the book Under A Wing by Reeve Lindbergh, youngest daughter of Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh. It was noted that both parents were gifted […]
A Wax Crayon Batik Workshop will be held March 10-12. Tallahatchie Arts Council member Rebecca Browning will lead the class each evening from 5:00-8-00 at the Art House, 205 Highland Street. The workshop fee is $60.00. All participants, ages 17 and up, are welcome. Members of the workshop will work toward designing and completing an […]
By Angie Barmer Blue Springs Board of Aldermen continued discussion of a variety of topics during its February meeting, including adopting a sign ordinance for the town. During the discussion, various members described their visits other towns and cities recently to get ideas on which places to look at for ideas for a good sign […]
By Martha Swindle Sherman Baptist Church will be hosting the Community Thanksgiving Service Sunday, Nov. 24, at 11 a.m. with Sherman Grove, Sherman Methodist, and other area churches joining the service. The Sherman Baptist youths are planning a skit, and lunch will follow in the Activities Building. No evening services will be held that evening […]
By Lou McQuary Curtis Melvin Moody passed away on Tuesday, Nov. 12. He was the son of the late Ruby and Doyle Moody, and he leaves several children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, in addition to his wife, Janice. He was a retired Master Sergeant of the US Air Force. Visitation and the funeral were held […]
By Susan Hooker The lovely shade trees of summer are now a golden amber as the oak leaves are now making a thick carpet on lawns in the neighborhood. Every wind or rain storm brings another wave. Sophie, Aden and I discussed stopping at the home place of the late Thelma and Dewitt Swords to […]
By Martha Hardy Here is hoping this rain we have been getting is helping to replenish our water tables. I just read this week that some of us waste too much water when there are places that are in need of it. We will have to keep in mind that the Lord knows our needs […]
Unofficial results but with absentee votes counted Rob Anderson – 651 – 17.51% Pam Browning Boman – 833 – 22.40% Pamela Steward Denham – 309 – 8.31% Lisa Taylor Galloway – 210 – 5.65% Toby Hill – 501 – 13.47% Wayne Martin – 37 – 1.00% April Roberts – 116 – 3.12% Stephen Robinson – […]
by Lynn West Pam Browning Boman and Rob Anderson will face each other in a runoff election Nov. 26 to see who wins the Union County coroner’s post. In unofficial results Tuesday, Boman received 22.4 percent of the vote compared to Anderson’s 17.51 percent. The runoff is necessary because no candidate got more than 50 […]
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...