By Loretta Easlely This is the twenty-fifth of January 2016. My, it seems just a short time ago that it was January 2015. Well, a lot has happened this week. There has been plenty of cold weather and two snows. Only a little on Tuesday and about two inches on Thursday. We have lost several […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
The New Albany Garden Club met on Thursday, Jan. 14 at, the Concord Inn, home of Tanya Coombs. Hostesses were Paulette Cossitt, Lydia Kimbrough, and Lynn Madden. Members were welcomed with a dessert table featuring apple turnovers and ice cream made by Mrs. Madden. The table was centered with a beautiful arrangement, “Winter Wonderland,” made […]
Joseph Warren Lodge #71 of New Albany installed the 2016 lodge officers recently. In the front row, from left, were Joshua George, senior warden; Carl Love, worshipful master; Gregory Vanzile, junior warden; Dean Burchfield, chaplain. In the middle row, from left, were Jim Aldridge, treasurer; Charles Lambert, junior deacon; Dean Thompson, senior deacon; Will Tucker, […]
By Lou McQuary Macedonia WOM II met at the home of Lou McQuary on Monday, Jan. 18. Attending the meeting were Kathryn Henderson, Pam Ferguson, Teresa Shettles, Tammy Wilkerson, Delorse Douglass, Shelly Grisham, Ramona Smith, Shelia Kirk, and Angelia Churchill. We discussed a new mission project to help with the Auction Page on Facebook to […]
By Tommie Cooper Sunday, Jan. 24, was a beautiful Lord’s Day to be at church. The youths were in the choir. They looked good. Shelia sang a special, “I Have so Much to be Thankful For.” It was so pretty. Bro. Hall’s message was in Romans 9:6-16 and Acts 20:16, “For many are called but few […]
By Lou McQuary Madison Thompson celebrated her eighth birthday at the Tupelo skating rink on Sunday, Jan. 10, with 15 of her friends. The kids enjoyed skating and playing games. She had a Disney’s Descendants cake that was enjoyed with ice cream. Madison was 8 on Jan. 8. She is the daughter of Jessica (Andrew) […]
By Tommie Cooper For Wednesday night’s Bible study, Bro. Hall was in Romans 12:1-5, “Everyone has a spiritual gift.” There was a good Bible study tonight; come join us at 7 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 17, we had a good crowd. Bro. Hall sang a special, “He’s Gone.” His message was in Romans 9:1-6, “Do you have […]
Agape Health Services will hold its second annual Valentine fundraising banquet Saturday, Feb. 6, at 6 p.m. in the Hillcrest Baptist Church fellowship hall. Agape Health Services provides health care to the uninsured and otherwise needy of the community. The guest speaker will be J. J. Jasper, morning on-air personality on American Family Radio. He […]
By Margaret McCraw Deepest sympathy to the families of Dean Pannell who recently died. I enjoyed a nice visit last Saturday, Feb. 21, from my cousins who live in Memphis and Horn Lake. First cousin Hulan “Jack” Roberts, age 95, and his two sons, Jerry and Mike. He lost his oldest son Jackie in early […]
By Loretta Easley Hello to Twanda Little who is improving nicely after a short illness. She is always busy with household chores. By the way, she is a good cook also. The weather may be icy before you read this. Spring weather only last a few days and then winter sets in again this time […]
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...