By Martha Swindle Fire Chief Brad McMurry presented the Sherman Fire Department’s end-of-the-year report for January through December 2012. The volunteer fire department had 71 total calls of which there were 13 grass fires, 6 structure fires, 6 vehicle fires, 37 medical calls, 6 cancelled in route, 2 hazmat, and 1 severe weather. Sherman Baptist […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Lou McQuary Kathryn Henderson enjoyed a trip to Destin Dec. 26-31. Going on the trip with her were Michelle Thompson; Sharon, Terry, Grant, Emily and Ada Hendrix; Norma Wallace; and Jaime and Parker Henderson. They rode bikes and visited one of their favorite restaurants, The Back Porch. Terry took Parker to see the planes […]
By Susan Hooker (Intended for last week) Christmas 2012 was celebrated with family gatherings, church programs, and fireworks in the neighborhoods surrounding Hurricane. Charlie Hicks hosted his family for their annual seafood supper with Jim, Pam and Jamie Hicks of Lexington, Tim, Lacy, and Rhiannon Hicks of Longview, Chipper and Debra Hicks of Lafayette, and Roger […]
By Gretchin Moody Anna Loyce Stokes will celebrate her 100th birthday on Jan. 14. If you would like to mail a card to her you can send it to: Sunshine Healthcare, 1677 Hwy. 9 North, Pontotoc, MS 38863. Goodtimers met Tuesday, Jan. 8. Guest speaker was Mayor Tom Todd. Gable and Barbara Todd and Caleb […]
By Martha Hardy Out with the old and in with the new. We have heard this said many times in the past. I just hope and pray that 2013 will be a much better year for all those within our readership, as well as for our nation and world. However, I fear that unless the […]
An all-new community website was introduced Monday by the New Albany Gazette. The new site, newalbanygazette.com, now contains all of the local material from the printed newspaper, as well as many added features, including videos and slideshows from area news and sports events. Readers may participate in forums about area news and sports topics, provide […]
- A drone in Myrtle? July 18, 2014
- Dealer and Xplorers battle to tie in Cotton States July 22, 2014
- Improving the ER July 23, 2014
- Thumbing to California July 23, 2014
- Bulldogs wrap up summer soccer in Pontotoc July 23, 2014
- County plans extension office renovation, courthouse roof repair but reports no progress in mental health issue July 23, 2014
- Committee making progress toward railroad ‘quiet zone’ downtown July 23, 2014
- Burglars steal cash from Mexican restaurant July 23, 2014
- Elliott talks origin of railroads that became Tanglefoot Trail July 23, 2014
- Charitable dentistry program is SRO despite the rain July 23, 2014
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- mathewsjw: interesting poll books provided no voters were cha...
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- Sheli McClellan: Love these kids! They're a hard-working bunch wh...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 1 year ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- County plans extension office renovation, courthouse roof repair but reports no progress in mental health issue
- Committee making progress toward railroad ‘quiet zone’ downtown
- Burglars steal cash from Mexican restaurant
- Elliott talks origin of railroads that became Tanglefoot Trail
- Charitable dentistry program is SRO despite the rain