By Margaret McCraw Deepest sympathy to the families of Dean Pannell who recently died. I enjoyed a nice visit last Saturday, Feb. 21, from my cousins who live in Memphis and Horn Lake. First cousin Hulan “Jack” Roberts, age 95, and his two sons, Jerry and Mike. He lost his oldest son Jackie in early […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Loretta Easley Hello to Twanda Little who is improving nicely after a short illness. She is always busy with household chores. By the way, she is a good cook also. The weather may be icy before you read this. Spring weather only last a few days and then winter sets in again this time […]
By Martha Hardy Greetings from the very cold Hardy hilltop. We have really been having some wintertime weather. We all talk about the weather, but can’t do anything about it so we just might as well roll with the tide. The weather was indirectly responsible for my having missed church Sunday morning as I could […]
By Margaret McCraw I was so saddened to hear last Tuesday, January 20th, of the death of Lynwood Basden Roberts. Lynwood was a brother to Carolyn Roberts of our community and church and had suffered some time from a cancer. However, Carolyn did tell me he was able to attend their last family gathering which […]
By Loretta Easley A big hello to all on this Monday, Jan. 19. The temperature reached the upper sixties and the temperature looks good for the next week. Some of the younger folk were out bare foot and in shorts today. I think we will be glad to see spring. Peggy Bell spent Monday with […]
By Martha Swindle Sherman Aldermen Randy Bolen and Martha Swindle and Town Attorney Kirk Tharp with their spouses attended the CDF Annual Meeting Thursday, May 8, at the Tupelo Furniture Market Building 6 in Tupelo. Congratulations to Courtney Foster and Casey McBrayer on their upcoming wedding next Saturday, May 24, at Sherman Church of Christ. […]
By Lou McQuary On Saturday, May 17, there was a gospel singing at Macedonia Baptist to raise money for the Dig a Well Project in Uganda. An orphanage has been built in Uganda for little babies. This singing raised money for a well to be built on the orphanage property. Singing in the program […]
By Camille Anding It was one of my top ten favorite hymns and though extremely limited in vocal worship, I was belting the words with ardor and devotion. Suddenly the words weren’t just words on the screen; they were messages addressed to me. “This is my story – this is my song, praising my Savior […]
The New Century Club met at the Union County Library on Wednesday, February 5, 2014. Shelia Robbins, President, presided during the business session and introduced Program Leader Jill Smith who reviewed the book Under A Wing by Reeve Lindbergh, youngest daughter of Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh. It was noted that both parents were gifted […]
A Wax Crayon Batik Workshop will be held March 10-12. Tallahatchie Arts Council member Rebecca Browning will lead the class each evening from 5:00-8-00 at the Art House, 205 Highland Street. The workshop fee is $60.00. All participants, ages 17 and up, are welcome. Members of the workshop will work toward designing and completing an […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on