By Martha Swindle Sherman Aldermen Randy Bolen and Martha Swindle and Town Attorney Kirk Tharp with their spouses attended the CDF Annual Meeting Thursday, May 8, at the Tupelo Furniture Market Building 6 in Tupelo. Congratulations to Courtney Foster and Casey McBrayer on their upcoming wedding next Saturday, May 24, at Sherman Church of Christ. […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Lou McQuary On Saturday, May 17, there was a gospel singing at Macedonia Baptist to raise money for the Dig a Well Project in Uganda. An orphanage has been built in Uganda for little babies. This singing raised money for a well to be built on the orphanage property. Singing in the program […]
By Camille Anding It was one of my top ten favorite hymns and though extremely limited in vocal worship, I was belting the words with ardor and devotion. Suddenly the words weren’t just words on the screen; they were messages addressed to me. “This is my story – this is my song, praising my Savior […]
The New Century Club met at the Union County Library on Wednesday, February 5, 2014. Shelia Robbins, President, presided during the business session and introduced Program Leader Jill Smith who reviewed the book Under A Wing by Reeve Lindbergh, youngest daughter of Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh. It was noted that both parents were gifted […]
A Wax Crayon Batik Workshop will be held March 10-12. Tallahatchie Arts Council member Rebecca Browning will lead the class each evening from 5:00-8-00 at the Art House, 205 Highland Street. The workshop fee is $60.00. All participants, ages 17 and up, are welcome. Members of the workshop will work toward designing and completing an […]
By Angie Barmer Blue Springs Board of Aldermen continued discussion of a variety of topics during its February meeting, including adopting a sign ordinance for the town. During the discussion, various members described their visits other towns and cities recently to get ideas on which places to look at for ideas for a good sign […]
By Martha Swindle Sherman Baptist Church will be hosting the Community Thanksgiving Service Sunday, Nov. 24, at 11 a.m. with Sherman Grove, Sherman Methodist, and other area churches joining the service. The Sherman Baptist youths are planning a skit, and lunch will follow in the Activities Building. No evening services will be held that evening […]
By Lou McQuary Curtis Melvin Moody passed away on Tuesday, Nov. 12. He was the son of the late Ruby and Doyle Moody, and he leaves several children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, in addition to his wife, Janice. He was a retired Master Sergeant of the US Air Force. Visitation and the funeral were held […]
By Susan Hooker The lovely shade trees of summer are now a golden amber as the oak leaves are now making a thick carpet on lawns in the neighborhood. Every wind or rain storm brings another wave. Sophie, Aden and I discussed stopping at the home place of the late Thelma and Dewitt Swords to […]
By Martha Hardy Here is hoping this rain we have been getting is helping to replenish our water tables. I just read this week that some of us waste too much water when there are places that are in need of it. We will have to keep in mind that the Lord knows our needs […]
- Kiwanis Hotbed January 23, 2015
- Hancock enters supervisor, District 1 race January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co. to build new warehouse January 28, 2015
- Retail Strategies January 28, 2015
- New bladder pacemaker offers help with incontinence January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- E-911 upgrade to cost county $100,000-plus January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co., former grocery wholesaler, to expand January 28, 2015
- Former city clerk dies at 100 January 28, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...