By Martha Swindle Sherman Aldermen Randy Bolen and Martha Swindle and Town Attorney Kirk Tharp with their spouses attended the CDF Annual Meeting Thursday, May 8, at the Tupelo Furniture Market Building 6 in Tupelo. Congratulations to Courtney Foster and Casey McBrayer on their upcoming wedding next Saturday, May 24, at Sherman Church of Christ. […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Lou McQuary On Saturday, May 17, there was a gospel singing at Macedonia Baptist to raise money for the Dig a Well Project in Uganda. An orphanage has been built in Uganda for little babies. This singing raised money for a well to be built on the orphanage property. Singing in the program […]
By Camille Anding It was one of my top ten favorite hymns and though extremely limited in vocal worship, I was belting the words with ardor and devotion. Suddenly the words weren’t just words on the screen; they were messages addressed to me. “This is my story – this is my song, praising my Savior […]
The New Century Club met at the Union County Library on Wednesday, February 5, 2014. Shelia Robbins, President, presided during the business session and introduced Program Leader Jill Smith who reviewed the book Under A Wing by Reeve Lindbergh, youngest daughter of Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh. It was noted that both parents were gifted […]
A Wax Crayon Batik Workshop will be held March 10-12. Tallahatchie Arts Council member Rebecca Browning will lead the class each evening from 5:00-8-00 at the Art House, 205 Highland Street. The workshop fee is $60.00. All participants, ages 17 and up, are welcome. Members of the workshop will work toward designing and completing an […]
By Angie Barmer Blue Springs Board of Aldermen continued discussion of a variety of topics during its February meeting, including adopting a sign ordinance for the town. During the discussion, various members described their visits other towns and cities recently to get ideas on which places to look at for ideas for a good sign […]
By Martha Swindle Sherman Baptist Church will be hosting the Community Thanksgiving Service Sunday, Nov. 24, at 11 a.m. with Sherman Grove, Sherman Methodist, and other area churches joining the service. The Sherman Baptist youths are planning a skit, and lunch will follow in the Activities Building. No evening services will be held that evening […]
By Lou McQuary Curtis Melvin Moody passed away on Tuesday, Nov. 12. He was the son of the late Ruby and Doyle Moody, and he leaves several children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, in addition to his wife, Janice. He was a retired Master Sergeant of the US Air Force. Visitation and the funeral were held […]
By Susan Hooker The lovely shade trees of summer are now a golden amber as the oak leaves are now making a thick carpet on lawns in the neighborhood. Every wind or rain storm brings another wave. Sophie, Aden and I discussed stopping at the home place of the late Thelma and Dewitt Swords to […]
By Martha Hardy Here is hoping this rain we have been getting is helping to replenish our water tables. I just read this week that some of us waste too much water when there are places that are in need of it. We will have to keep in mind that the Lord knows our needs […]
- A drone in Myrtle? July 18, 2014
- Dealer and Xplorers battle to tie in Cotton States July 22, 2014
- Improving the ER July 23, 2014
- Thumbing to California July 23, 2014
- Bulldogs wrap up summer soccer in Pontotoc July 23, 2014
- County plans extension office renovation, courthouse roof repair but reports no progress in mental health issue July 23, 2014
- Committee making progress toward railroad ‘quiet zone’ downtown July 23, 2014
- Burglars steal cash from Mexican restaurant July 23, 2014
- Elliott talks origin of railroads that became Tanglefoot Trail July 23, 2014
- Charitable dentistry program is SRO despite the rain July 23, 2014
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- mathewsjw: interesting poll books provided no voters were cha...
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- Sheli McClellan: Love these kids! They're a hard-working bunch wh...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 1 year ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- County plans extension office renovation, courthouse roof repair but reports no progress in mental health issue
- Committee making progress toward railroad ‘quiet zone’ downtown
- Burglars steal cash from Mexican restaurant
- Elliott talks origin of railroads that became Tanglefoot Trail
- Charitable dentistry program is SRO despite the rain