New Albany police were on the scene early Tuesday investigating a break-in at Rite-Aid Pharmacy in the Bramlett Shopping Center that apparently netted burglars a quantity of drugs and cash. When store staff arrived about 7:45 they entered and noticed the alarm system was not working properly, then saw the ATM near the front […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
New Albany may be blessed with a vibrant downtown and bustling retail trade area in many respects, but we could be doing much better. According to an analysis presented by Retail Strategies, each year nearly $10.3 million is leaving Union County to be spent in other towns for groceries alone. Full-service restaurants in other towns […]
Union County is going to have to spend at least $100,000 to bring its E-911 system up to date and meet federal standards. The current 911 hardware is obsolete by several years, part of it relies on Windows XP software that is no longer supported and the system is not in compliance with the federal […]
The Imperial Trading Company on Carter Avenue held a ribbon-cutting Friday for construction of a 12,000-quare-foot addition to their warehouse. The addition will include a 4,000-square-foot cooler-freezer and add about 25 percent to their present 45,000 square feet of warehouse space. The business was originally Union Grocery, dating back to 1953. Imperial Trading […]
A former city clerk for the City of New Albany died Sunday at the age of 100. Frances Dodds, formerly Frances Dorman, passed away at Aldersgate Personal Care in Meridian. Dodds served as city clerk for New Albany for 35 years. She was also a member of First United Methodist Church. John David Pennebaker, who […]
If there’s one thing that’s constant in life, it’s daily trips to the bathroom. However, frequent trips to the bathroom is another concern. William W. Johnson, M.D., gynecologist with The Center for Women’s Health in New Albany, is helping patients find a solution to bladder issues, specifically with urge incontinence and stress incontinence. When medicine, […]
Myrtle resident William “Bill” Hancock has announced his candidacy for Supervisor, District 1. Hancock has been employed by Sears and Piper Impact, where he served in quality, calibration, sales, and management for 33 years. He also did project/consultant work overseas for two years. He is a high school graduate, and completed college work and professional […]
New Albany may be blessed with a vibrant downtown and bustling retail trade area in many respects, but some experts say the city could be doing much better. According to an analysis presented by Retail Strategies, each year nearly $10.3 million is leaving Union County to be spent in other towns for groceries alone. Full-service […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – New Albany Middle School’s teams made a clean sweep in the Union County Junior High Tournament on Thursday with the Lady Bulldogs topping East Union 28-19 and the Bulldogs completing the sweep with a 56-31 win over West Union. East Union took the early lead in the girls game, 7-5 […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON New Albany boys clinched first place in the tough Division 1-4A win a 2-0 win as the Bulldogs completed division play with a 5-1 record. New Albany girls won easily, 10-0 and finished with a perfect 6-0 record in division. “The boys game was a lot slower this time and I thought […]
- Kiwanis Hotbed January 23, 2015
- Hancock enters supervisor, District 1 race January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co. to build new warehouse January 28, 2015
- Retail Strategies January 28, 2015
- New bladder pacemaker offers help with incontinence January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- E-911 upgrade to cost county $100,000-plus January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co., former grocery wholesaler, to expand January 28, 2015
- Former city clerk dies at 100 January 28, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...