Memorial Day will be observed Monday, May 30. In observance of the holiday, governmental offices will close, as will many businesses, and solid-waste collection will be affected in particular. Inside the New Albany city limits there will be no garbage pickup May 30. The Monday route will be collected Tuesday and the Tuesday route moved […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
New Albany police have engaged in an extended drug suspect roundup over the past six weeks, rather that trying to make mass arrests all on one day. “This is a continuing part of our narcotics enforcement,” Chief Chris Robertson said. “We are trying to stop those who want to traffick drugs in the city and […]
Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
Music from all corners and shade trees of the Union County Fairgrounds rang out on a beautiful May day Saturday as the Mississippi Bluegrass Championships got underway at the Down Form the Hills Heritage Music Festival. Youths won out on many of the competitions as young musicians converged to win many of the senior divisions. […]
The Union County Library System’s annual summer reading program will begin next Thursday, June 2. In addition to urging children to take advantage of the summer months to read, the library will have special programs the first four Thursdays of June. The June 2 program will be presented by Bob Tarter, wildlife biologist and owner […]
By William Moore Daily Journal TUPELO – Eleven amateur dancers will spend the next three months learning a dance routine and raising money for the Boys & Girls Clubs of North Mississippi. Their hard work will be revealed Aug. 20 under the spotlight at the BancorpSouth Arena during the 11th annual Dance Like the Stars. […]
Crews from the Mississippi Department of Transportation continue repairs to the I-22 bridges over Carter Avenue and the Tallahatchie River. The work, expected to continue until early fall, means traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction and the lanes may be shifted over into the breakdown lane to provide space for MDOT crews to […]
The Union County Heritage Museum will have its annual summer Museum Madness program for children June 20-24. Each day of the program will feature a special topic which includes hands-on learning and participation. The first day participants will play archaeologist and paleontologist. Next, they will become engineers. On the third day, they will be musicians […]
By Margaret McCraw (Intended for week of May 10) Our friend, the rain, is back with us this week and how grateful we are and should be because when we read and see pictures of places without rain for a spell there is much suffering. Deepest sympathy to the family of Gary Brown who died […]
By Loretta Easley What a beautiful Monday morning. Smile, God loves you. Be gracious unto Him and Bless His holy name today. There will be a special program on Human Trafficking by Carol Bullard at Calvary United Methodist Church on June 7 at 6:30 p.m. Everyone is invited. There are three targeted places in the […]
The annual free Senior Citizens’ Day was held at the fairgrounds this past Thursday, sponsored by the Union County Sheriff’s Department and partly funded by a state aging council grant. Fish and chicken dinners, entertainment and door prizes were all provided free.
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2