New Albany school officials hope to be able to weather education cuts by the governor and legislature this past year. Superintendent Jackie Ford told trustees at the monthly meeting Monday that this district’s cut, made shortly after the end of the session, will be $46,000. The cut to the already-underfunded Mississippi Adequate Education Program, will […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Union County supervisors approved two administrative appointments at their regular weekly meeting Monday. The board named Curt Clayton as new E-911 director, replacing Mildred Churchill who announced retirement plans several weeks ago. Clayton has been serving as county emergency management director and in assuming Churchill’s duties will be responsible for the county addressing system, 911 […]
Handguns, tasers, protective vests, pepper spray – all are familiar law enforcement tools used to help save lives. This past week Union County sheriff’s deputies received another, possibly surprising tool. That tool is a $40 trauma bleeding control kit and instruction on how to use it. While officers can rely on improve communication and increased […]
New Albany again has plenty for people to do this weekend. The Junior Auxiliary will have their annual fundraiser “Picnic in the Park” on May 5 from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. for an evening of food, music and fun in Cooper Park located in downtown New Albany. The National Day of Prayer Rally will be […]
Jamie Grisham, a medical-surgical nurse at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, recently received the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, an award given in appreciation of the work nurses do. Grisham was nominated by several patients for her kindness and thoughtfulness. Nurses like Grisham are nominated by patients, families, and colleagues for the DAISY Award, and from […]
By Tommie Cooper It’s May 1, school will be out soon for summer. I know the teachers and kids are ready for a good break. Bro. Hall was preaching from Romans 14:10-23, “Don’t cause your brother to stumble;” Verse 10, “Said with a loud voice, stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked.” […]
By Lou McQuary Koby Hallum had a Minecraft birthday party on Saturday, April 30, at Rockin’ Hoptown in Ecru. Guests included his cousins Shelby Tucker, Kylan Tucker, Mason Hood and Layla Hood. Justin Treadaway brought his son, Joseph Treadaway. Koby also had other friends from school, Mikel Jennings and Kenneth Kilinger. Additional family members and […]
The New Albany Ballet Company will be presenting an original full-length ballet production of “Wizard of Oz” on May 13-14 at 7:00 pm each night at The Magnolia Civic Center in New Albany under the direction of Justine Ward Stewart. The ballet company will be joined by the younger members of the New Albany School […]
By Margaret McCraw With the ending of April one-third of our new year is spent. Have you kept the resolutions you made at the beginning? Most likely most of us have messed it up already. Maybe that is why Jesus told us “There is none good no not one.” He made us and knows us […]
East Union Attendance Center formally named the north entrance to the school James Curtis Greenhill Drive Thursday as the school paid tribute to his many years as educator and coach. Greenhill came to East Union in the fall of 1961 when school consolidation took place in Union County, having been on staff at Jericho. Greenhill […]
- UPDATE: Gazette moving to new location today April 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...