Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Have a hankering for some beans ‘n’ greens, a chicken and dumpling dinner, Grandpa’s country fried breakfast? You may be in luck, – but not quite yet. According to a deed filed in the Union County Chancery Clerk’s office this past Thursday, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. has purchased property just off Coulter Cove, […]
Nearly 200 people attended the annual luncheon Friday honoring the contributions of writer William Faulkner and specifically recognizing achievements of today’s writers working in the style and spirit of the Nobel Prize-winning author. Emcee Wayne Mitchell, publisher of the New Albany Gazette, which is a major sponsor, told those present the Faulkner literary competition has […]
By Michaela Gibson Morris Daily Journal and Staff Reports NEW ALBANY – Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County has worked hard to make quality care a team sport. “Our patients are the focus of what we do,” said Barbara Owens, administrative director at the New Albany hospital. “No one group has made that happen. It’s very much […]
A traffic stop this past Wednesday led to the seizure of about $6,000 in drugs and cash plus a variety of felony charges for three Starkville men. Police Chief Chris Robertson said one of his officers made a traffic stop of a Chevrolet Tahoe on Hwy. 78 that night for careless driving. “The truck was […]
Saturday, Oct. 3, is the deadline to register to vote in the Nov. 3 general election. That’s also the deadline if anyone needs to update voter registration information because he or she has moved or undergone a name change, for instance. Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford said her office will be open from 8 a.m. until […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on