Archive | News RSS feed for this section
The Retired Education Personnel of New Albany and Union County will meet at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 10, at the meeting room of BNA in downtown New Albany with New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Julie Cantrell as guest speaker. Not only members but others who would like to attend are invited. Cantrell […]
Mississippians were recently treated to a tax-free holiday, established by the legislature to help families pay for back-to-school clothing items. Over a three-day period, purchasers were not required to pay the state seven-percent retail sales tax on approved clothing items that cost less than $100. This past year, the legislature also added what they call […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...