New Albany High School Principal Lance Evans has been selected Mississippi Principal of the Year by the Mississippi Association of Secondary School Principals. “I will represent MASSP for the 2015-15 school year,” he said, and now is in the running for the title of national secondary principal of the year. The winner is selected on […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
One of the most emotional events of the year will be taking place June 5 at BNA Bank Park. That is the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. The 17th annual American Cancer Society Relay for Life will be held beginning at 5:30 p.m. Friday. The opening ceremony will begin at 6 p.m. This event […]
Ramona Bridges is a nurse. But she is also, as she sometimes forgets to mention, a writer. An award-winning writer, in fact. That possibly curious omission should not come as a surprise considering that Bridges defies several conventions associated with writers. The Seminary, Miss. nurse and author was in New Albany Tuesday to talk about […]
Spray Park Manager Bryan Cook gave the facility a cleaning in preparation this week for its opening for the summer this Saturday. The spray park, at BNA Bank Park, will be open Saturday and Memorial Day, but not Sunday. The regular hours for the spray park will be from noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday […]
Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford’s office will be open from 8 a.m. until noon Saturday for qualified residents to cast absentee votes in the June 2 congressional seat runoff. Her office will be open the same hours the following Saturday with noon, May 30, the absentee voting deadline. A special election was held May […]
The Clint Frazier Memorial Ride will be Saturday, May 23. This is the second year for the event, which will raise money for the Deputy Clint Frazier Emergency Services Scholarship Fund. Frazier was killed in the line of duty while in pursuit of a vehicle on Dec. 18, 2013 near Myrtle. He is survived by […]
If you’re a kid and you’re looking for something fun this summer, check out Kids in the Kitchen. Kids in the Kitchen is described as an action-packed class where kids learn to cook great-tasting food and learn how to make fitness a fun part of their life. Making great tasting snacks are just some of […]
The Mississippi Highway Patrol will begin the 2015 Memorial Day Holiday Enforcement Period on Friday, May 22, at 6 p.m. and conclude Monday, May 25, at midnight. During the holiday period, all available manpower will be utilized statewide in establishing safety checkpoints to prevent impaired driving, promote seatbelt usage, and to ensure safe operation of […]
CREATE Foundation’s Commission on the Future of Northeast Mississippi will host its 19th annual State of the Region meeting from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 27. The meeting will be held at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. Dr. David Shaw, vice-president for research and economic development at Mississippi State University, will present the benefits […]
The New Albany Gazette, along with all governmental offices and many businesses, will be closed Monday, May 25, in observance of Memorial Day. The May 27 issue of the Gazette will be published as usual but advertising and news deadlines were moved up due to the holiday. The advertising deadline for the May 27 Gazette […]
- Burdette to lead Bulldogs May 19, 2015
- State of the Region meeting set for Wednesday May 22, 2015
- MHP to step up enforcement over holiday weekend May 22, 2015
- Kids’ cooking class offered next week May 22, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- NAHS administrator chosen Principal of the Year May 22, 2015
- Cancer Relay for Life date will be June 5 May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...