Archive | Living RSS feed for this section
Visitors to the Union County Heritage Museum Saturday were able to learn the pioneer art of basket weaving, a class offered in conjunction with the Smithsonian Institution exhibition “The Way We Worked.” “One of the ways we worked is how we used to make things with our own hands,” museum director Jill Smith said. Participants […]
Champion Hill Georgina 7666 won grand champion cow-calf pair at the 2014 Dixie National Roll of Victory (ROV) Angus Show, Feb. 9 in Jackson, Miss. John Davis, New Albany, Miss., owns the March 2010 daughter of S A V Providence 6922. A December 2013 heifer calf sired by Gambles Safe Bet completes the winning […]
Fans of Native American culture and flute music are invited to a performance of John Two-Hawks at the Union County Heritage Museum on Saturday, March 1, from 2 – 4 p.m. The title of the event is “Wisdom and Music.” The Grammy and Emmy nominated musician and writer, who is a member of the Lakota […]
The New Albany-Union County EXCEL By 5 Family Resource Center will have the following hours of operation for the spring semester (4-6 p.m. most Mondays and Thursdays). The Family Resource Center is located in the WIN Job Center on the Northeast at New Albany Campus-301 North Street, New Albany. The Family Resource Center has an […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell This morning when my big husky dog stepped out into the snow for the first time in his life, he looked at me and howled…before running back into the house. I laughed as I gathered snow while he watched from the doorway. When he did venture back outside it was almost […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell When you hear the word “valentine,” what is the first word that comes to your mind? Is it heart? Red? Cupid? Love? Card? Candy? Flowers? Oh-no? If you’re like the majority of folks then the first word you think of is “heart.” Polls reveal the second word that folks claim […]
Tickets are now on sale for the 2014 Home and Garden Show Lunch and Learn event. This is the only part of the sixth annual two-day show with an admission charge. The show will be April 4 and 5 at the fairgrounds and Lunch and Learn will be at noon Friday, April 4. Tickets are […]
Brave New Couponing World By Jill Cataldo CTW Features As technology continues to evolve, the way we receive coupons does too. If you’re a smartphone or tablet user, did you know that you might be able to use these devices to print coupons? One of my readers has been wondering just how to do this. […]
- A drone in Myrtle? July 18, 2014
- Union County Fair pageant winners July 18, 2014
- County plans extension office renovation, courthouse roof repair but reports no progress in mental health issue July 23, 2014
- Dr. David Ellis, 94, dies July 25, 2014
- Interns invaluable for county heritage museum July 25, 2014
- Jets shut out Bollweeviles July 25, 2014
- USA swim rep visits Tallahatchie Tidal Wave July 25, 2014
- The Extra Point: Basketball championship expansion a miss July 25, 2014
- County school board election coming up July 25, 2014
- State residents to get yearly back-to-school purchasing ‘tax holiday’ July 25, 2014
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- mathewsjw: interesting poll books provided no voters were cha...
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- Sheli McClellan: Love these kids! They're a hard-working bunch wh...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 1 year ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey