Archive | Living RSS feed for this section
Visitors to the Union County Heritage Museum Saturday were able to learn the pioneer art of basket weaving, a class offered in conjunction with the Smithsonian Institution exhibition “The Way We Worked.” “One of the ways we worked is how we used to make things with our own hands,” museum director Jill Smith said. Participants […]
Champion Hill Georgina 7666 won grand champion cow-calf pair at the 2014 Dixie National Roll of Victory (ROV) Angus Show, Feb. 9 in Jackson, Miss. John Davis, New Albany, Miss., owns the March 2010 daughter of S A V Providence 6922. A December 2013 heifer calf sired by Gambles Safe Bet completes the winning […]
Fans of Native American culture and flute music are invited to a performance of John Two-Hawks at the Union County Heritage Museum on Saturday, March 1, from 2 – 4 p.m. The title of the event is “Wisdom and Music.” The Grammy and Emmy nominated musician and writer, who is a member of the Lakota […]
The New Albany-Union County EXCEL By 5 Family Resource Center will have the following hours of operation for the spring semester (4-6 p.m. most Mondays and Thursdays). The Family Resource Center is located in the WIN Job Center on the Northeast at New Albany Campus-301 North Street, New Albany. The Family Resource Center has an […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell This morning when my big husky dog stepped out into the snow for the first time in his life, he looked at me and howled…before running back into the house. I laughed as I gathered snow while he watched from the doorway. When he did venture back outside it was almost […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell When you hear the word “valentine,” what is the first word that comes to your mind? Is it heart? Red? Cupid? Love? Card? Candy? Flowers? Oh-no? If you’re like the majority of folks then the first word you think of is “heart.” Polls reveal the second word that folks claim […]
Tickets are now on sale for the 2014 Home and Garden Show Lunch and Learn event. This is the only part of the sixth annual two-day show with an admission charge. The show will be April 4 and 5 at the fairgrounds and Lunch and Learn will be at noon Friday, April 4. Tickets are […]
Brave New Couponing World By Jill Cataldo CTW Features As technology continues to evolve, the way we receive coupons does too. If you’re a smartphone or tablet user, did you know that you might be able to use these devices to print coupons? One of my readers has been wondering just how to do this. […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Campaign kicks off August 15, 2014
- Football, food and a magazine August 20, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Keep “Feet” on tour August 22, 2014
- CREATE program looks for ways to improve career readiness August 22, 2014
- County’s jobless rate lowest in north half of Mississippi August 22, 2014
- New Birth Community Church to hold open house Sunday August 22, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?