Luminosity and the capturing of light to be scattered throughout a room can be fascinating to some people and it is for Micha Foster, someone who has been capturing that luminosity in the creation of her unique and distinctive lamps. For 15 years, she built these creations for herself and friends. When Foster would […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
Heritage Pioneer Days are approaching and a host of related activities will be part of this year’s annual trek into the past at the Union County Heritage Museum in New Albany. Sept. 13, 14, & 15 are the dates for the annual event. School groups are scheduling now for hands-on activities that show how lifestyles […]
It’s time to wet your whistle and tempt your taste buds at the second annual New Albany on Tap. Located in downtown New Albany, this event offers a way for visitors to sample an array of flavorful craft and import beers without ever having to leave town. Last year over 200 people attended the event […]
The South takes pride in many things – apple pie, southern hospitality, home cooking, rival football games, classic Southern literature and more. Two authors, William Faulkner and Borden Deal, made this part of the country come alive with their words and put Union County on the map for all to experience page by page. Faulkner […]
Legend has it that barbecue was invented in Union County, so having New Albany be the setting for the first annual Smoke on the Water Barbecue Contest is a way to help keep this history and tradition alive. This contest is an amateur barbecue cooking contest for people to enter, as long as the captain […]
This year marks the tenth anniversary of the opening of Rainbow Learning Center and Daycare. It was a dream that owner Minerva Graham had 10 years ago to have “simply the best” daycare. She had a goal of creating an all-around daycare with an environment that is academically enriching as well as compassionate and nurturing. […]
Tracy Garrett of New Albany was awarded first place in the 2012 “Dance Like the Stars” event, held Saturday at the BancorpSouth Arena Tupelo. The event, a yearly fundraiser for the Boys & Girls of Mississippi, raised over $175,000 for the youth development organization – the largest ever in its seven-year history. “We couldn’t be […]
Former Myrtle resident J.E. Hicks got a surprise of a lifetime when he was able to reunite with a friend he hadn’t seen in 42 years. This was due to a chance encounter between Hicks and a truck driver. Hicks grew up in Myrtle and when he was 21 years old, he entered the United […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Incumbent Mahon qualifies in county school board race August 20, 2014
- Barretos to be brought back later this week August 20, 2014
- Football, food and a magazine August 20, 2014
- Campaign kicks off August 15, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Area teams play in West Union classic preseason tournament August 20, 2014
- Urchins open season with Houlka Wildcats August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?