Two of the community’s longest-serving law enforcement officers are retiring and were honored with a luncheon at Taylor’s Place Tuesday. Frank McCollum has spent 42 years in law enforcement and James “Bing” Wildman only slightly less at 36 years. McCollum started with the Okolona Police Department, serving as investigator for 22 years, then became Sherman […]
Death and dying was the program topic for Luncheon with Books at the Union County Library Tuesday. The event was one of a series of events related to Nobel Prize-winning New Albany native William Faulkner going on this month and culminating in the writer’s birthday Sept. 25. The reason for the specific program topic was […]
New Albany Main Street Association is hosting their annual membership meeting Thursday, Oct. 1, from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the In Bloom reception hall. Suzanne Smith, president of Mississippi Main Street Association, will be this year’s keynote speaker. Smith is a Senior Vice-President and Western Region Retail Administrator for Renasant Bank. Her degree […]
The Tallahatchie River Players will present the 2015 Legends and Lore Cemetery Tour at the City Cemetery Saturday, Sept. 19. The program starts at 4 p.m. and ends at dusk. The TRP has partnered with the Union County Heritage Museum to bring the stories of some of our area to life. Those attending will visit […]
The Tractor Supply Co. store in New Albany will host activities for families and their pets, including pet adoptions, Saturday, Sept. 19, as part of Pet Appreciation Week. Held Sept. 16 – 20, Pet Appreciation Week or P.A.W. is Tractor Supply’s annual event to celebrate pet owners and their furry friends. “Pet ownership is exciting […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ENTERPRISE – West Union came into Tuesday’s game against Division 2-1A rival needing not only a win, but needing to win by three runs. They got the win and nearly had the run differential, but the Lady Hawks rallied for four runs with two outs in the seventh to close to within […]
Myrtle and West Union will meet today in an important Division 2-1A softball game at West Union. Myrtle comes into the game with a perfect 3-0 record, hoping to stay atop the division while West Union is fighting desperately to stay in the playoff conversation. Myrtle won the first meeting 9-7 at Myrtle as West […]
2015 East Union Homecoming Court seated left: Janna Humphreys, Tianna Castillo, Katie Rowan, Karley Crump and Calla Basil. Standing left: Jordon Salmon, Thomas Moore, Witt Roaton, Cody Taylor and Chase Hall. Presentation of the Homecoming Court will take place during halftime of the East Union vs Alcorn Central football game on Friday, September 18.
BY DENNIS CLAYTON EAST UNION – The Lady Urchins of East Union needed only five innings to down Mantachie 10-0 to take their Division 1-2A opener. East Union took the lead early and used the combination of steady defense and Sallie Pannell’s pitch location to shutout the Lady Mustangs. “I told these kids, last year […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union went long on doubleheader opponents Walnut and Wheeler as they hit six home runs, taking the sweep on Monday as they downed Walnut 11-1 in five innings and dropped Wheeler 17-1 in four frames. The Lady Urchins had 13 hits in the first game of the day against former division […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on