Next Tuesday will mark a year since the new emergency department opened at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. And an eventful year it has been for the gleaming, modern facility on the backside of the hospital that replaced a cramped and overwhelmed area that looked more like an old-time bus station. Emergency room volume has surged […]
The New Albany Park Commission announces registration for its 2015 Soccer Season. Registration is going on now and will run through Friday, August 21, 2015. The fee is $45 per child, ($40 per each sibling). All registrations must be done in person at the Sportsplex office located inside BNA Park. For more information cal (662) […]
Dye named Coach of the Year after impressive bowling season BY DENNIS CLAYTON – New Albany coach Wayne Dye was recently chosen as the Mississippi Association of Coaches Bowling Coach of the Year for the 2014-15 season. Dye has guided the Bulldog bowling program since its inception three years ago. “It was an honor to […]
Among items on a packed agenda this past Tuesday, New Albany aldermen decided to grapple with one particular old problem, a new growing one and a potential future one. Limited parking availability has been recognized as a good problem to have in a thriving downtown area, but a problem nonetheless. Tuesday, aldermen addressed that, approving […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County named Heather Duley as director of wellness and industrial relations. She will serve as director of the Baptist Healthplex and oversee industrial relations for the hospital. “Heather brings years of experience and knowledge of fitness programs and athletic training ranging from pediatrics to senior adults,” said Walter Grace, administrator and CEO […]
New Albany police briefly had to deal with a barricaded suspect here Tuesday morning, although the incident ended quickly. Chief Chris Robertson said that Burger King had reported money missing from their safe and employee Montrell Pegues, 21, of New Albany was the suspect. Officers had been looking for Pegues for several days and enlisted […]
New Albany police are asking for the public’s help in investigating a business burglary recently, and report they solved a second break-in. About 1 a.m. Monday, two black males broke into Central Station on South Central, taking a pair of shoes, cigarettes, some coins and other items they could fit into a backpack. Chief Chris […]
Texting while driving became illegal in Mississippi July 1, but so far there Is not a lot of evidence that the law is having an effect. When we drive around New Albany and Union County we see driver after driver staring at the screen on a cell phone. Distracted drivers are an important safety issue […]
There are fewer dogs in our neighborhood these days. There aren’t, of course, but that is how Jenny sees it. “How my wife sees it” has been a discussion topic for the past couple of years, as we make our daily walk around the neighborhood with our own dogs. We watch for any unrestrained dogs […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on