In addition to rolling out a plethora of Toyota Corollas every day, the Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, Inc. facility in Blue Springs is also deemed the model sustainable assembly plant for North American operations. This is due to the many environmental and sustainability practices that are in place every day at the 1,540-acre Blue Springs […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
Checkout lane rituals By Jill Cataldo CTW Features Do you have a special ritual or method for getting through the checkout lane in a speedy manner? Some of my readers do, and I found many of their tips so thoughtful and clever that I’m going to share some this week. “Dear Jill, I’ve never encountered […]
Visitors to the Union County Heritage Museum Saturday were able to learn the pioneer art of basket weaving, a class offered in conjunction with the Smithsonian Institution exhibition “The Way We Worked.” “One of the ways we worked is how we used to make things with our own hands,” museum director Jill Smith said. Participants […]
Fans of Native American culture and flute music are invited to a performance of John Two-Hawks at the Union County Heritage Museum on Saturday, March 1, from 2 – 4 p.m. The title of the event is “Wisdom and Music.” The Grammy and Emmy nominated musician and writer, who is a member of the Lakota […]
By Angie Barmer The public will soon get the chance to learn about the blues and listen to the talents of the Mosley and Johnson Band, along with back-up singers from New Albany High School and instrumentals from the NAHS Jazz band. This is a collaboration between Sam Mosley, NAHS students, and NAHS Art Instructor […]
A Wax Crayon Batik Workshop will be held March 10-12. Tallahatchie Arts Council member Rebecca Browning will lead the class each evening from 5:00-8-00 at the Art House, 205 Highland Street. The workshop fee is $60.00. All participants, ages 17 and up, are welcome. Members of the workshop will work toward designing and completing an […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell This morning when my big husky dog stepped out into the snow for the first time in his life, he looked at me and howled…before running back into the house. I laughed as I gathered snow while he watched from the doorway. When he did venture back outside it was almost […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell When you hear the word “valentine,” what is the first word that comes to your mind? Is it heart? Red? Cupid? Love? Card? Candy? Flowers? Oh-no? If you’re like the majority of folks then the first word you think of is “heart.” Polls reveal the second word that folks claim […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell There was a time, believe it or not, when chicken wings were thought of as scraps given to the dog or tossed out with the garbage. Nowadays, they are all the rage as appetizers and party fare. They rank on the top of Super Bowl food polls as one of the […]
Amy Evans, lead oral historian with The Southern Foodways Alliance, came to speak on the way women worked and still work. This is in conjunction with the Smithsonian traveling exhibit, “The Way We Worked” and there were many images on the wall in the library about the way women work in general and the way […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Hawks fall 3-1 to Corinth on Willams’ homerun hit August 19, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Urchins open season with Houlka Wildcats August 20, 2014
- Keep “Feet” on tour August 22, 2014
- CREATE program looks for ways to improve career readiness August 22, 2014
- County’s jobless rate lowest in north half of Mississippi August 22, 2014
- New Birth Community Church to hold open house Sunday August 22, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?