New Albany and Union County have received recognition for various sports achievements lately but we have one champion few people may be aware of. Rance Clayton is proving to be a top contender in the rapidly-growing sport of arm wrestling. In fact, in a couple of months he plans to turn professional and this weekend […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
Charles and Sarah Raines were married July 1, 1966. There will be a reception in their honor from 2 to 4 p.m., June 26, at Grace Pointe Church of God, located at 1512 South Central, New Albany. Friends and family are invited.
Gene and Barbara Hudson of Myrtle will celebrate their 50th Anniversary on Sunday, June 26, 2016. They were married June 24, 1966. There will be a reception given in their honor at the Union County Baptist Association Building, 845 Sam Barkley Dr, New Albany, from 2 to 4 p.m. The celebration will be hosted by […]
Jay P. and Sarah Garrett celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary on May 12, 2016 and were honored by their family with a reception at Ingomar Baptist Church Fellowship Hall with many lifelong friends and family attending. Jay was reared in the Pinedale community and Sarah not far away in Hurricane. They were married May 12, […]
Zeke Ashton Roberson and Haley Morgan Roberson of the Ingomar Community are pleased to announce the birth of their daughter, Ainsley Faith Roberson. Ainsley Faith was born on July 9, 2016 at 7:49 p.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital- Union County. She weighed 8 pounds 11 ounces and was 21 ¼ inches long. Her grandparents are […]
The spray park at BNA Bank Park is open for the season. The regular hours will be from noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and will be open Sundays for private parties only. Parties can be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, 2 to 3:30 p.m. […]
Becky Rinehart of Houston is beginning an internship at the Union County Heritage Museum for the summer of 2016. Rinehart is a sophomore at Blue Mountain College, with a major in history. During her internship in New Albany Becky said, “I plan to learn the skills needed for museum work, in order to achieve my […]
By Donica Phifer, Gazette staff NEW ALBANY – When she signed up, Natalie Bullard never expected to be chosen. But, on June 3, the 28-year-old will make an appearance on national television as part of the fourteenth season of TLC’s “Say Yes To The Dress.” Bullard taped her portion of the show last July during […]
Online ticket sales will begin on sale Saturday, June 4, at 10 a.m. for New Albany’s second annual “Farm to Table Dinner,” which will take place on Thursday, June 23, on the footbridge across the Tallahatchie River in the Park Along the River in downtown. The fine-dining-inspired dinner for 80 guests will be prepared using […]
Jerry and Doris Baily will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday, May 14, at Victory Life Center at 5 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...