By Angie Barmer A new fundraising campaign is underway to raise money for new uniforms for the band programs at New Albany High and Middle School. Approximately 10 years ago, the NAHS Band received new uniforms. Now, the schools need to purchase 110 uniforms that cost approximately $400 a piece. The New Albany Band Parent’s […]
Archive | Education RSS feed for this section
By Angie Barmer The second annual Frog-A-Nanny Players performance will be on stage soon performing “America’s Tallest Tales.” Last year the FAN Players performed “Aesop’s Fables” on stage. The gifted students at New Albany Elementary School team up with the special needs students from Susan Kelly’s class and Scherrita Tucker’s class at NAES and put […]
The New Albany-Union County EXCEL By 5 Family Resource Center will have the following hours of operation for the spring semester (4-6 p.m. most Mondays and Thursdays). The Family Resource Center is located in the WIN Job Center on the Northeast at New Albany Campus-301 North Street, New Albany. The Family Resource Center has an […]
By Angie Barmer Officials with the New Albany School District are already seeing increased energy savings in the schools with the completion of the Energy Savings Performance Contract with Schneider Electric. Suzanne Coffey, director of accounting services, said that the district has already noticed significant energy savings. “From July 2012 to Jan. 2013, the energy […]
By Angie Barmer Effective July 1, 2014, Windy Faulkner, current head principal at New Albany Elementary School, and Jamey Wright, current principal at West Union Attendance Center, will be leaving their positions and moving into different school districts once again. Faulkner was recently approved to take over Ron Scott’s position at the Union County School […]
City officials are trying to work out a way to get what they believe is their share of the $300,000 Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi is giving to Union County annually for education. For now, the county is getting the entire amount. Part of the commitment Toyota made to the Pontotoc-Union-Lee County PUL Alliance in coming […]
The following are members of the 2013-2014 East Union Homecoming Court: Allie Epting, Dakota Edwards, Mallory Roberts, Jacob Elder, Jessica Bishop, Carol Coker, Chip Gibson,and Stephanie Hardy. (not pictured Brett Rakestraw and Tray Davis) The Homecoming Festivities will begin at 1:30 and again at 5:30, weather permitting, on Friday December 6, 2013. All alumni and […]
The New Albany Elementary School Spelling Bee was held on Nov. 7. The winners advance to the Union County Spelling Bee in January. Pictured are l-r: Dakoyta Lesure, 2nd Place; Jill Gafford, 1st Place; and William Sloan, 3rd Place.
By Justin Gary Hello fellow Falcons! My name is Justin Gary, and I am your student council reporter with this week’s school news. Last Monday, Nov. 11, the 3rd and 4th grade classes held a Veterans’ Day Program. They sang patriotic songs, and recited short speeches to honor those who have fought for our freedoms […]
Students in Terri Treadaway’s kindergarten class at East Union School recently decorated their pumpkins that they picked last week at the pumpkin patch. She thought they have really done a fantastic job on these and was hoping to share it.
- Dr. David Ellis, 94, dies July 25, 2014
- County has new airport projects coming up July 30, 2014
- Arts, Beats & Eats July 30, 2014
- The single life is not for us July 30, 2014
- Work progressing on biodiesel plant August 1, 2014
- Our local economy August 1, 2014
- Police charge babysitter with child abuse August 1, 2014
- Officers learn how to deal with life-threatening wounds in dangerous situations August 1, 2014
- Neighbor charged with attempted burglary and assault August 1, 2014
- Getting ready for kindergarten August 1, 2014
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- mathewsjw: interesting poll books provided no voters were cha...
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 1 year ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey