“How marvelous – how wonderful . . .” It was another familiar hymn, and the mega sanctuary of voices swelled into the lofty ceilings with this praise song. Once again the words were retrieved from my childhood, but these were adult words singing of our indebtedness to our Savior. The chorus carried the heaviest words […]
Archive | Faith and Religion RSS feed for this section
It’s been an on-going saga in my life this year – what to keep and what to discard. The irony in those decisions has been the value placed on the items. It’s been easier to part with a large piece of furniture or family antique than it has an old letter or kindergarten art work. […]
The significance of packing and moving the last item from our home of thirty-eight years was more than substantial, but that wasn’t my struggle today. It was what to keep and what to throw away as I sorted through the “archives” of our lives. My discipline had earned high marks in sorting through furniture and […]
“Do you want one big one or five little ones? Katie asked our three-year-old grandson, Major. He shuffled from one foot to the other, then back again. It was a tough decision. “I – I – I want one big one!” he answered with the satisfaction of making the right decision. I was occupied with […]
Things I’ve learned in our search for a new church home: 1) Large cities have mega churches as well as small ones. They have a lot of both kinds. 2) Man has discovered a variety of ways to worship. It appears some have not read the Manual. 3) Most churches are oblivious to visitors, but […]
First Baptist Church in Hickory Flat will celebrate its 125th anniversary on Aug. 24 and 25. On Saturday, August 24, from 4-6 p.m. the church will host a 95th Birthday Celebration for the church’s oldest member and longest serving deacon Will T. Hudspeth in the Family Life Center. During that time the pastor’s home and […]
The Historical Shady Grove Community Cemetery Committee is hosting a spaghetti supper fundraising event for maintenance of the cemetery on Saturday, Aug. 17, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Shady Grove Baptist Church Fellowship Hall located on Shady Grove Road in Pontotoc County. The cost of the meal including salad, drink and dessert is […]
Downsizing is a fancy name for discarding “stuff” in order to live in smaller housing. Othel and I have been busy at it for some time. The reduced storage space has meant more self-discipline in storing items we knew we would continue to need. It’s also meant we must become more conscientious about returning items […]
Man always has a plan. He has a brain, a drive, and usually the means. He makes the plan – a future plan that’s in an orderly, doable schedule. But suddenly from out of nowhere comes . . .! Life is good – one of those sections in life when the kids are well, bills […]
My adaptation to “city life” is coming along quite well! In fact, it gives me more reasons to praise my Maker. I have not run into a single chigger. Amazing. Even though I’ve worked and dug among shrubs and leafy branches, the little red critters are nowhere to be found. Since I had to spray […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Hawks fall 3-1 to Corinth on Willams’ homerun hit August 19, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Urchins open season with Houlka Wildcats August 20, 2014
- Keep “Feet” on tour August 22, 2014
- CREATE program looks for ways to improve career readiness August 22, 2014
- County’s jobless rate lowest in north half of Mississippi August 22, 2014
- New Birth Community Church to hold open house Sunday August 22, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?