Horse-drawn carriages, gravel roads, and the advent of the American road system were the topics of conversation and discussion at last week’s Museum Moments program. Museum Moments is held at the Union County Heritage Museum on a monthly basis and New Albany native and photographer Lowry Wilson was the speaker of this program that was […]
The following New Albany Elementary School students had artwork selected to be in the first annual Rock Bottom River Run art exhibit sponsored by the Tallahatchie Arts Council: Carey Beth Doyle, Alex Wilhite, Jayla Ligon, Aliyah Jackson, Brayden Stephenson, Christopher Rogers, Rocio Lemus, Cecelia Pullman, Jacob Hogue, Rob Montgomery, Hunter Hodges, Isabelle Campbell, Nathan Bennett, […]
A variety of items were approved at Monday’s Board of Supervisors meeting. Union County Emergency 911 Coordinator Mildred Churchill came before the Board of Supervisors Monday morning and the board agreed that the effective date for Voice Over Internet Protocol was set for Sept. 1, 2010. Union County Tax Assessor and Collector Dennis Rakestraw submitted […]
It’s become somewhat of a routine now – traveling to and from the nursing home on Hwy 30. Tonight’s trip home was just before sunset, and the layer of deep orange falling below the tree line ushered me into a meditative mood. The Old Testament speaks of God’s people erecting stone altars along their journeys […]
Drew Bruce spoke for the evening service Sunday, Sept. 19, at Sherman Church of Christ. Trae Foster, CJ McDonald, Austin McDonald, and Cody Gore led in the singing. The Sherman Church of Christ youth devotional was held Sunday night, Sept. 19, after evening services, and then movie night was held in the parking lot of […]
Greeting from our side of the county. We trust everyone had a safe weekend. Ms. Billie is doing really well with her arm. Mr. Frank fell this past weekend and ended up in the hospital for several days. He’s at home now…and Mr. Frank, we sure hope you are better real soon. Mr. Virgil and […]
Dana Bramlitt Hello, Ingomar fans! It’s been another great week at Ingomar High School, and there is a lot to hear about! First, Ingomar High School students in Mrs. Roben Denton’s English III and English IV classes participated in the Tallahatchie Riverfest writing competition. Students wrote first person narrative essays based on a gardening […]
What started as a Facebook group and the hopes of creating a running club for New Albany has taken off with the community joining together with the same goal. Dorothy Denton is an avid runner of nine years, and along with Amanda Kent, the duo created the New Albany Runs Facebook group, connecting runners in […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on