New Albany High School held its annual beauty review on March 28. Morris Kelly Clayton was crowned Most Beautiful and Seth Male was named Most Handsome. Beauties included Sarah Gaines, Payton Robbins, Tashiunna Judon and Lauren Paige Hamilton. Beaus included Parker Nail, Jack Cooper, Austin Heard and Jarel Lipsey. Spirit of the Pageant winners were […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will host a baby fair, free of charge and open to the community, on Monday, May 4 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. in the hospital’s front lobby. The goal of the event is to give expectant mothers access to local resources and experts that can help them make the best possible […]
The board members of the state Institutions of Higher Learning, known as the College Board, are in a mess. A mess that they created and hopefully the citizens of Mississippi eventually will fix. The board members embarrassed themselves and the state by refusing to renew the contract of University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones in […]
Paul Smithey uses a crane to place one of the new Tanglefoot Trail bridge sections on the parking lot by the library Wednesday afternoon as Mayor Tim Kent and officers watch. The longer section weighs 17,000 pounds while the shorter one is 10,000 pounds. The old railroad bridge will have to be removed and possibly […]
UNITE (Union County/New Albany Initiative to Excel), New Albany and Union County’s community foundation, will award more than $20,000 to 16 organizations at the annual grant presentation and fundraising dinner on Thursday, April 23. UNITE was begun as a Union County affiliate of the CREATE Foundation to help fund community improvement projects. Hudson Hickman is […]
The 2015 Union County Grand Jury was empanelled March 30 and heard 153 cases presented over two days. Grand jury proceedings and indictment remain secret until defendants are served with the appropriate paperwork notifying them of the indictments. This past week a few of the indictments have been served and information about them released. In […]
New Albany is welcoming a new physician, Dr. Robert E. Barnett. Dr. Barnett specializes in OB/GYN and is joining The Women’s Clinic of New Albany with Dr. David Williams. He was recruited by Baptist Memorial Hospital because the facility handles enough live births annually to justify two more doctors in that field. Dr. Bill Johnson […]
A Houston man is in custody in Chickasaw County, accused of taking a variety of equipment from New Albany. Police Investigator James “Bing” Wildman said police received a report March 26 that someone had cut a lock and stolen a five by 10 foot trailer with drop deck from Tractor Supply Co. at 112 Virginia […]
By Chris Kieffer Daily Journal TUPELO – Students in Lee, Pontotoc and Union counties again will have the chance to attend one of several academic summer camps free of charge. The CREATE Foundation’s Toyota Wellspring Education Fund will sponsor scholarships for rising seventh- to 12th-grade students in public schools in those three counties to attend […]
At the regularly scheduled Board of Trustees meeting this month, Northeast Mississippi Community College president Dr. Johnny L. Allen asked for and received support from the Board to retire from service to the college effective June 30, 2015. Allen, 60, was named the ninth president of Northeast in 2004. Previously he served as vice-president of […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on