Hickory Flat’s playoff run ended on Tuesday as the Rebels lost 80-64 to John F. Kennedy High School in the Hornets’ second half comeback. Rebels leading scorers Randtail Isom and Hunter Mason both posted double-doubles in their final game. Isom scored 29 points and earned 10 rebounds, while Mason added 23 points and 10 rebounds. […]
New Albany gained a narrow 53-52 victory on Tuesday, defeating Greenwood in the opening round of the Class 4A state playoffs. “I feel that our offensive execution and our kids’ willingness to match their (Greenwood) physicality on both ends of the court were definitely the keys to the win,” New Albany coach Brad Gray said. […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ASHLAND – Ingomar’s Lady Falcons rallied in the second half to win the Division 2-1A tournament championship on Saturday, defeating Ashland 45-35. Ingomar trailed 27-20 with 4:05 left in the third quarter, but the Lady Falcons went on a 25-8 run to close the game and take the win. “We did have […]
By Margaret McCraw Deepest sympathy to the families of Dean Pannell who recently died. I enjoyed a nice visit last Saturday, Feb. 21, from my cousins who live in Memphis and Horn Lake. First cousin Hulan “Jack” Roberts, age 95, and his two sons, Jerry and Mike. He lost his oldest son Jackie in early […]
By Loretta Easley Hello to Twanda Little who is improving nicely after a short illness. She is always busy with household chores. By the way, she is a good cook also. The weather may be icy before you read this. Spring weather only last a few days and then winter sets in again this time […]
By Martha Hardy Greetings from the very cold Hardy hilltop. We have really been having some wintertime weather. We all talk about the weather, but can’t do anything about it so we just might as well roll with the tide. The weather was indirectly responsible for my having missed church Sunday morning as I could […]
For seven years now, the New Albany City Beautification Committee has been placing decorative street signs in neighborhoods throughout New Albany. There have been 314 decorative street signs put up since the inception of this project, which was 2008, at a cost of $117, 750. The remaining street signs have been approved to be purchased […]
(B) Ingomar 71, Coldwater 65 Ingomar rallied from a 63-56 deficit, going on a 15-2 run to close the contest and win in the first round of State 1A playoffs on Tuesday. The game featured 10 lead changes plus numerous ties, with the largest lead only being seven points. Ingomar held an early lead by […]
Dear Editor: In regard to the Gazette’s recent editorial opinion voicing opposition to private and home school, I am disappointed with the paper’s failure to objectively examine both sides of this issue. Yes, public school is the right choice for most parents and students. But, private school and home school exactly meet the needs of […]
The Toyota manufacturing plant in Union County reached another milestone this month – the production of the 500,000th Corolla to roll off the assembly line since the plant opened in 2011. The plant produced about 189,000 Corollas in 2014, which is a new high in annual production at the facility in Blue Springs. And the […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry