Walter David Loden passed away Monday, June 24, 2013. Born in 1945, he was a graduate of W. P. Daniel High School. He received his Doctorate in Educational Administration and Supervision from Pensacola Christian College. He was a Professor of Education at Pensacola Christian College for the past 21 years; prior to that, he served […]
Charles Lee Turpin, 77, of Thaxton, died Tuesday, June 25, 2013, at his home in Thaxton. Born in Lafayette County, he was a member of the National Rifle Association. He had nearly 30 years of sobriety with Alcoholics Anonymous. Services were at 2 p.m. Friday, June 28, in the Chapel of Waller Funeral Home with […]
Gerald Keats Baldwin, 79, of Pontotoc, passed away Sunday, June 23, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis. He attended Mississippi State University. He was a U.S. Air Force veteran. He was a U.S. marshal for 21 years before retiring. He enjoyed his retirement and drinking coffee with the “Hardee” boys. Services were Wednesday, June […]
Reecie Lou Thompson, 95, of Aberdeen, died Monday, June 24, 2013, at Pioneer Community Hospital in Aberdeen. She was born, April 20, 1918, in Greenwood Springs to Monte Evans and Maggie Lou Evans. She was a lifelong resident of Monroe County. She worked at Seminole Manufacturing Company until its closing in 1974. She was co-owner […]
By J. Lynn West Aldermen this past Tuesday voted to amend the city’s sign ordinance to make sure the same regulations that apply to liquor stores in commercially zoned area also apply to industrially zoned areas. The scheduled public hearing drew no comments for or against with city attorney Regan Russell only offering a brief […]
Craig Baker, the suspect in the murder of Amanda Price, pleaded guilty to the crime earlier today. Price was shot to death when she stepped out of the back door of her home Dec. 5, 2011. Ron Price, her husband and head football coach at New Albany High School, was shot in the shoulder […]
Union County Democrats to meet There will be a meeting sponsored by the Union County Democratic Party at the Union County Library on Thursday, July 18, at 5:30 p.m. to discuss future plans. All Democrats are urged to be there and be a part of important planning for future projects. Anyone who has questions may […]
New Student Registration Grades K-12 Tuesday, July 30 9:00-5:00. Must bring previous report card or withdrawal forms, Birth Certificate, SS Card, MS shot record, and 2 dated proofs of residency. Ex: Driver’s License, Utility Bill, lease or mortgage receipt. Please call the school if you have any questions, 988-2416. MEET THE TEACHER NIGHT grades Pre-K-6 […]
It was one of those special God surprises Sunday evening when the gentle breezes began blowing through our back porch – more comparable to a September fall breeze than a pre-July. Then the sounds of firecrackers covered the sound of rustling leaves. Children in the adjoining neighborhood were heralding freedom celebration with an early start. […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell I was reminded again this week of how different our food experiences are depending on the lives we live, such as what our mama fed us when we were little, what part of the country we grew up in, where we live now. I’m in Sarasota and I’ve been cooking meals […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry