Union County native and resident Gary Gray, 52, is seeking re-election to the Union County School Board, District 2 post. Gray, a graduate of West Union Attendance Center and bachelor of science degree from Mississippi State University, has been employed with the United States Postal Service for 30 years. He also has served as the […]
As cold weather encroaches around the corner, the flu season isn’t too far behind. When flu season comes, people begin sneezing, coughing, and have an overall icky feeling. Crystal McBrayer, Community and Occupational Health Coordinator for Baptist Hospital, came to the New Albany Kiwanis Club last Tuesday to talk about the flu, discuss flu symptoms, […]
Students and parents at East Union Attendance Center have decided to tackle the problem of dyslexia, try to understand the language-based problem, and have the goal of recognizing and combatting dyslexia in students. One of the ways that the school is dealing with dyslexia is by having educational workshops about dyslexia and forum discussions on […]
Northeast baseball will hold an inner-team scrimmage at the New Albany Sportsplex on Monday, October 25, 2010. The scrimmage will take place at 6 p.m. For more information on NEMCC athletics, go to their website: http://www2.nemcc.edu/Athletics/index_new.html
I know all the talk lately has been surrounded around football, and that’s for good reason. Friday night, New Albany will travel to Shannon with a shot of winning their first division title since 1982. Think about that. 1982 was well before any member of this team was born, and heck, it was even before […]
The selection of Dr. Charles Garrett, New Albany schools superintendent, as the 2011 Mississippi Superintendent of the Year comes as no surprise to us. His track record since joining the district nearly 10 years ago has been one of positive change and improvement for our schools. The announcement was made Thursday by Anna P. Hurt, […]
Dear Editor: Mark J. Smith, the interim director of the American Red Cross for the sate of Mississippi in Jackson, stated in a letter to the editor on Oct. 15: “We were disappointed by your misleading editorial of Sept. 22, which does a disservice to your readers that the American Red Cross has ceased operations […]
New Albany Middle School earned a spot in the Traceway Conference Championship game, which will be played next Tuesday, Oct. 26, at Kitchens' Field in New Albany. The Bulldogs will take on Amory in the 6 p.m. contest. A complete recap of the game and middle school season will be in next week's New Albany […]
Only a year and a half ago, New Albany City Attorney Roger McMillen and his son, Rutledge, made the decision to become competitive runners. Having run track in high school and running in races throughout his adult life, McMillen took on the challenge and will now have the opportunity of a lifetime to compete in […]
Coach Heather Duley has pushed the Blue Mountain College cross country teams hard all season, and she’s not letting up now. Heading into Saturday’s TranSouth Athletic Conference cross country championship meets in Jackson, Tenn., Duley is still preaching the gospel of hard work and focus. “We’ve made some significant strides in our program this year,” […]
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Columbus Day holiday won’t affect most services October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act on several items but subdivision, sign, metal siding ordinances still not settled October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on