It is all in the numbers. Most of the stats heard by Bulldog fans this season have come from the offense, as records are falling, and the ‘Dawgs are averaging 36.7 points a game. On the flip side, looking at the Bulldogs’ defense the last two years, the difference in numbers are a testament to […]
Taylor Goode earned his second 'Player of the Week' honor after his performance against Shannon last Friday night. Goode totaled 107 receiving yards off seven receptions and two touchdowns in the Bulldogs' 27-13 win over the Red Raiders. Pictured with Goode is NAHS head coach Ron Price. The 'Player of the Week' is sponsored by […]
Seems like each week gets more and more exciting! I’m happy that I was able to stand on the sideline last week and witness history, as the Bulldogs won their first division title in 28 years and first in Division 1-4A. This team has come a long way from when I started at the Gazette […]
New Albany soccer is preparing for their new season, taking part in pre-season action this weekend. Both squads are coming off playoff appearances in 2009, with the Bulldogs boasting a second round appearance, as well as a division championship and season sweep of rival Pontotoc. “One thing we’ve been preaching is that we’re going to […]
In the past few weeks we have witnessed the warm summer temperatures diminish as cooler mornings and evenings bring with them the hint of fall. The archery season is in full swing and thousands of wildlife enthusiasts are taking to the woods to enjoy the fruits of another hunting season. Some, however, may not enjoy […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s Tiger football team will look to keep its playoff hopes alive on Thursday night, October 28 at Tiger Stadium where they will face off against the 12th ranked Copiah-Lincoln Community College Wolves. As the Tigers (5-3, 4-2) prepare for their last regular season game of 2010, they are also preparing […]
More Toyota-associated employment opportunities will soon become available here in Union County, the Union County Development Association announced Wednesday morning. The UCDA has announced that it will host a portable unit of the WIN Job Center next week to accept applications for Tier One supplier Diversity Vuteq, located in New Albany's Martintown Industrial […]
Here I sit on Sunday night after sitting under Bro. Kevin Merritt and his teachings this past week. Sunday, Bro. Brandon picked up where Bro. Kevin left off so I know he had to leave his slobber on the microphone. We heard messages, from both of God’s men, of encouragement. Now, I want to encourage […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s Division of Continuing Education will offer a Praxis Workshop in November. The Praxis workshop will meet on Wednesday, November 10 in room 234 in McCoy Hall on the Booneville campus from 3-6 p.m. Cost for the Praxis workshop is $35. Pre-registration is required for all Northeast continuing education courses and applications […]
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act on several items but subdivision, sign, metal siding ordinances still not settled October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on