JACKSON – New Albany took it to the final seconds and the final play against Bay High, coming up short in a 68-65 loss during a Friday quarterfinal game against the 2014 Class 4A runner-up. “Bay is a veteran team who know what they are doing and made plays when they had too,” Lady Bulldogs […]
JACKSON – The Bulldogs never got over the hump. All through New Albany’s 66-52 loss to the McComb Tigers, the Bulldogs kept the game close. Three points, two points, one point – all of them separated the team from the lead or a tie, but the Bulldogs never overtook the defending 4A champions. “They played […]
JACKSON – The fourth meeting this season between West Union and Ashland came with high stakes; a trip to the Class 1A girls finals. In the final round, the Blue Devils walked away with the 54-46 win over the Lady Eagles. “We just didn’t make the plays and they did, it’s as simple as that,” […]
Two juniors from East Union Attendance Center jumped into action when they witnessed two separate wrecks while traveling on Hwy. 348 to New Albany. Approximately a month ago, Katlin Prewett and Tyler Bennett were on a school bus, along with other students, traveling from East Union to New Albany School of Career and Technical Education […]
The town of Blue Springs may have more police presence this fall if the town receives a new grant. Joel Spellins, police chief for Sherman and law enforcement liaison for Troop F, came before the board Tuesday night to discuss a grant in which the board members can apply for. The grant is the Office […]
New Albany aldermen are looking at the possibility of having a dedicated bicycle trail that would connect the hotel and business area on the west side of town to BNA Bank Park, Tallahatchie Trails, Tanglefoot Trail and the downtown area. Developer and businessman John Young is offering to donate about three miles of right-of-way for […]
The New Albany School Board of Trustees is under new leadership following the election of Brad Clayton as president. Clayton was also sworn in for a new term as school board member at the monthly meeting. Trustees have traditionally rotated offices so that each member eventually serves. Another honor at the monthly school board meeting […]
Some local residents may have experienced a sense of time travel Monday and coincidentally were able to visit with what could be called furniture industry royalty. Shari Lichtenstein, youngest daughter of the late Morris Futorian, came to visit and to help acquaint her son and grandson with Futorian’s indisputable legacy and impact on the furniture […]
The New Albany Police Department is in the process of becoming entirely paperless in terms of citations and related documents. Police Chief Chris Robertson told aldermen at their monthly meeting Tuesday that New Albany has the opportunity to become the first municipality in the state to switch to the E Citation paperless law enforcement system. […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry