The New Century Club met in the home of Martha Frances Monroe on May 7. Members present were Collett Cross, Jean Dillard, Linda Everett, Susan Feather, Michelle Hagins, Libby Harrison, Anne Holmes, Lynn Madden, Martha Frances Monroe, Mary Tate Pannell, Grace Provence, Shelia Robbins, Kay Sappington, Jill Smith, Lou Ann Staggs and Rheta Ann West. […]
By Martha Hardy Hopefully the nice rain we got over the weekend will help those who are planting a garden and the farmers’ crops. I am sure that everyone is enjoying these cool days knowing the heat is a-coming soon. The Union County Master Gardeners held the second Annual Plant sale in the lot between […]
Sigma Chapter of Kappa Kappa Iota met in the home of Mary Webb on Monday, April 21, at 5:30 p.m. Jenetta Waddell served as co-hostess. Sixteen members dined on sandwiches, pasta salad and cake. Ninabeth Capaning recognized Earth Day and emphasized how important it is to take care of our earth. Quotes from Henry David […]
Hello to all, especially to Dovie Jones who was seriously hurt last Sunday evening in a tractor accident. I apologize to Dovie because last week I listed him as Dovie Tidwell. However his mother’s maiden name was Bessie Tidwell. Last I heard the doctors want to move him out of ICU at Tupelo this Monday […]
Union County Training School and B.F. Ford School will be holding the 43rd annual reunion celebration this Friday and Saturday. On Friday night at 6 p.m. hospitality night and a fish fry will be held in the B.F. Ford Gymnasium. This is sponsored by the Class of 1964. Beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday will […]
By Angie Barmer A fundraiser campaign will soon be starting up to raise additional funds needed for the future expansion of New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults. With 32 clients, New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults has almost reached capacity. There isn’t enough space for all of the activities that the clients do, […]
Both city and county schools missed days this year, mostly due to weather, and will have to make them up next week. The county schools had missed two days earlier due to weather and Assistant Principal Ron Scott said at the time, “We made one up Monday, on Presidents Day…The tentative date to make up […]
All governmental offices will be closed Monday, May 26, in observance of Memorial Day. Some businesses will close as well, including the New Albany Gazette. Because of the holiday, all news and advertising deadlines will be one business day earlier. Garbage pickup out in the county will not be affected by the holiday. The solid-waste […]
Only a week and a half remains before the June 3 primaries to select party nominees for the U. S. House of Representatives and U. S. Senate. If no single candidate in a race gets more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters will face each other in a runoff June 24. […]
Union County’s unemployment rate for April this year was 5.5 percent, second-best in the 16-county region and well below the state average of 7.5 percent. According to published reports, this represents the lowest rate for the region in about six years. During and before that time jobless rates often approached or exceeded 10 percent. Union […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on