By Dennis Clayton Shane Sanderson of New Albany High School has been recognized by the Mississippi Association of Coaches as the 2013-2014 Athletic Director of the Year. Sanderson will be honored at the MAC Banquet on June 27 in Jackson. “I feel extremely honored and blessed to be recognized by our Mississippi Association of Coaches […]
The end of an era. That’s what my sister, Donna, said after signing the paperwork last week to sell the cabin that my father built on the Lake of the Ozarks, near Camdenton, Mo. It is, too, in a way. The cabin was the only remnant left from our childhood growing up in Missouri. My […]
The sounds of fiddling, guitars and banjos will fill the air this Saturday as the community hosts the annual Down From the Hills Mississippi Bluegrass Championships. The annual festival, which started here more than a decade ago, brings competitors in fiddle, guitar, banjo, dobro and mandolin together from around Mississippi and neighboring states. It also […]
BNA Bank officials donated a check for $10,000 to the CREATE Foundation’s tornado recovery fund this past week. The presentation was made at groundbreaking Thursday for the bank’s newest Tupelo branch near the Mall at Barnes Crossing. From left are BNA Vice-President Mike Staten, BNA Chairman of the Board Vance Witt, CREATE Vice-President Lewis […]
Concerning other issues brought up at previous breakfast meetings, Nanney said he had presented most of them to the city board of aldermen. Mayor Tim Kent had already addressed the issue of traffic light timing in the hospital area but said he had not heard back in the past six months. “He said each of […]
The Union County Sheriff’s Department will hold its annual Senior Citizens’ Day in the fairgrounds arena next Thursday, May 22. The annual free event gets some grant support for funding and county officials volunteer to help cook and serve the fish dinners. Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said seniors should arrive about 10 a.m., and food will […]
The first group of indictments returned by the Union County grand jury April 15 and 16 have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are served with the papers, then become public. Arraignments in circuit court are scheduled for Monday, May 19. Some of the individuals listed in indictments are […]
Funds also being raised to fund documentary about his experience James Everett Dutschke was scheduled to be sentenced in Aberdeen Tuesday relating to charges of making ricin and mailing poisoned letters to President Barack Obama, Sen. Roger Wicker and Lee County Justice Court Judge Sadie Holland last April and then framing another individual – Ken […]
The qualifying deadline for circuit court positions passed Friday, May 9, with two more candidates joining the race. All but one of the Union County chancery and circuit court judges are running unopposed. The exception is for Circuit Court Judge, District 3 Place 2. Incumbent Robert W. Elliott decided to not seek re-election and local […]
The Union County Development Association is continuing its push to deal with what a group of area industry CEOs see as their biggest problems, and is focusing on traffic in the Glenfield industrial area in particular. UCDA Executive Director Phil Nanney reviewed the issues cited by those at the organization’s monthly breakfast meetings this past […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on