Ashley Traylor and Chad Frazier of New Albany, Miss. welcomed daughter Kinsley Claire Frazier into the world on June 11, 2010 at North Mississippi Medical Center Women’s Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 0 ounces and measured 19 inches long. She is the granddaughter of Carlton and Kim Traylor of Hammond, La., Connie Aron of Brooklyn, […]
Danny and Gaye Jarvis of New Albany, Miss. celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary by renewing their vows on Waimanalo Beach, on the island of Oahu, Hawaii, on Aug. 24, 2010. Reverend Kermit Rydell of BeachWed.com performed the renewal ceremony. They also had a live webcast so their children, grandchildren, and family could share in the […]
Dr. and Mrs. Joseph Adam Martin, Sr. of New Albany, Miss. announce the engagement of their daughter, Leslie Lynn Madden to Matthew Tyler Russell of Sikeston, Mo., son of Mr. and Mrs. Joe Frank Russell of Blanchard, Oklahoma. Leslie is also the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Lee Madden, III of New Albany. The […]
My wife was sending a text message to our son Joe in Memphis. Jenny hardly ever texts, and we were sitting in Vaught-Hemingway Stadium on the campus of the University of Mississippi. I was curious. “What did you write?” I asked when she was finished. She showed me the screen on her phone: “We are […]
The United Way campaign for 2010 is underway across the seven counties, including Union, that are part of the United Way of Northeast Mississippi. The goal this year is $2,150,000, but the important number locally is how much money is contributed by Union Countians because that determines how much money is returned to benefit worthy […]
One play defined the Bulldogs’ division opener, as New Albany fought from behind for a 31-10 win over Pontotoc. “For two years, we found ways to lose the game in the second half,” NAHS head coach Ron Price said. “We just wanted to come out and dominate in the second half. To come out […]
As fall weather is finally arriving in Mississippi, so are the 2010 — 2011 squirrel and rabbit hunting seasons. Now is the time to check equipment and prepare for a safe and enjoyable hunting season. Hunters should be sure their hunting licenses are current before hunting. Visit the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks […]
they support funding to restore the environmental health of the Gulf, according to a new poll released by a coalition of conservation, business and fishing groups dedicated to restoring the Gulf Coast. The poll was funded by The Walton Family Foundation. The poll is timely because while the U.S. House of Representatives has passed an […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s football game with Northwest Mississippi Community College lived up to its billing as jucoweekly.com’s ‘Game of the Week’ for the first 52:27 of the pair’s matchup at Tiger Stadium in Booneville Thursday night. Northwest (5-0, 3-0 in North Division) tacked on a Kevin Buford 27-yard field goal and got a tipped […]
On a night the Lady Eagles celebrated their seniors, Leah Paige Goolsby gave her team a win in the end of the regular season, 2-1, against South Pontotoc last Thursday. Neither offense produced any runs until the seventh inning, and the game went into extra innings. Goolsby’s triple broke the tie, giving West Union the […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on