Tallahatchie RiverFest has come and gone, the events all happened as advertised, and despite the rain, attendance was decent. It filled the bill as a community festival. So now is a good time to take a step back, assess the overall festival and whether it is fulfilling its goal of attracting a regional and growing […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s football team will try to bounce back from its first North Division setback when the Tigers make the trek to Scooba to take on East Mississippi Thursday at 7 p.m. Northeast (3-2, 2-1 in North Division) was handed its first North Division setback to the nation’s seventh-ranked team Northwest at Tiger […]
The Lady Urchins were looking for a big hit, and it came from one of the smallest girls in the lineup. After six straight hits tied game two in the fifth inning, Mallory Roberts stepped to the plate and delivered one of the biggest hits of the season for East Union, scoring three runs and […]
Offensive struggles hurt the Lady Falcons in their first round series, as they lost at Wheeler, 6-0, 12-0, on Tuesday. Ingomar recorded only six hits in two games, a strife that advanced Wheeler to the second round. “In slow pitch, totaling only six hits in two games is not going to cut it,” Lady Falcon […]
Two explosive innings in Game 3 ended a wild opening playoff match in the 2010 MHSAA Class 4A playoffs. Amory’s explosion was a little louder and just enough to end New Albany’s season. Over nearly 5 1/2 hours, the Lady Panthers won the best-of-three playoff opener 5-1 in Game 1, lost 6-5 in nine […]
Friday night is a big night for New Albany. The Bulldogs will face another tough division opponent in Itawamba and look to improve to 8-0 on the season, and while I’m excited for the match-up, the pre-game festivities also have me pumped. The “Pride of New Albany” marching band will hold their annual Band Night […]
An early injury did not slow down Union County’s offense, as the team won on the road at Baldwyn, 14-0, on Tuesday. Broderick Montgomery has led the offense thus far, but an ankle sprain sidelined the running back in the first quarter. “We were a little shaken up after his injury, and up until that […]
New Albany’s road to a potential division championship continues this Friday night with the Bulldogs hosting district foe, Itawamba. The Indians have had New Albany’s number for several years, with the ‘Dawgs last winning in 2005. This game is yet another challenge for the undefeated Bulldogs. “Last week was a huge hump getting over Pontotoc […]
Myrtle and West Union easily handled their opponents in the opening round of the 2010 playoffs, with both advancing to second round action. The Lady Hawks opened their playoff run hosting Coffeeville and defeating the Lady Pirates, 15-0 in both games of the series. Myrtle scored seven runs in the first inning of game one, […]
After sparking the Bulldogs' second half comeback at Pontotoc last Friday, junior Josh Creekmore was once again named the Bulldogs' “Player of the Week.” Creekmore recorded 12 tackles and 89 yards in kickoff returns, including an 80-yard touchown return that led to 31-straight points by New Albany. Pictured with Creekmore is NAHS head coach Ron […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on