It was a close call for East Union’s Lady Urchins who saw a win slip away on a last minute surge by the Potts Camp Cardinals for a 57-56 final. The Urchins secured a win over the Cardinals in the final game of the night, with a 56-43 tally. “You always wonder what could […]
Hickory Flat turned in a solid outing in girls basketball action on Tuesday as they used a strong first half showing to gain a 12 point lead over the home-standing Lady Cougars. Hickory Flat used balanced scoring in the effort as four players reached double digits. Cheyenne Jones led the Lady Rebels with 13 points […]
Myrtle boys found themselves on the short end of a 22-20 score at the half against West Union, but the Hawks’ shots started to fall in the third and fourth quarter. Myrtle outscored the Eagles 39-23 in the second half to take the 59-45 win. Dee Johnson and Lavon Kiddy paced the Hawks with 17 […]
The 2014 edition will mark the last for organizer Mike Nobles who has been the head of the Kiwanis Club of New Albany’s annual fundraiser. “It’s been a good time, I’ve enjoyed it but its really just time for a break,” Nobles said on Wednesday as the club displayed its T-shirts to the tournament’s […]
Girl Scouts are again taking orders for Girl Scout Cookies. Girl Scouts throughout North Mississippi have order cards ready and will continue taking pre-sale orders through Jan. 26. Cookies will arrive in mid-February and many troops will host local booth sales for four weekends from Feb. 21 through March 16. “Booth sales help girls to […]
New Albany seniors Hannah Anderson, Katelyn Watson and Aaron Catt celebrated senior recognition night by scoring goals in their final regular season appearance. By Dennis Clayton New Albany only had three seniors to recognize on senior night, but all three went out on a high note as they all recorded goals in the sweep of […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell There was a time, believe it or not, when chicken wings were thought of as scraps given to the dog or tossed out with the garbage. Nowadays, they are all the rage as appetizers and party fare. They rank on the top of Super Bowl food polls as one of the […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County has taken new steps to provide more services to newborns at the hospital. The announcement of a partnership between Baptist and North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo to enhance neonatal services is good news for those women having babies here in New Albany. Under the program, a remotely controlled robot allows […]
The incident occurred about 5:45 a.m. Wednesday at North Mississippi Biodiesel, also known as JNS Biodiesel, at 823 Hwy. 15 North near the industrial park, when a fire apparently caused the tanks containing flammable liquids to begin to explode. An exact cause was still undetermined Wednesday but Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said investigation into that would […]
Amy Evans, lead oral historian with The Southern Foodways Alliance, came to speak on the way women worked and still work. This is in conjunction with the Smithsonian traveling exhibit, “The Way We Worked” and there were many images on the wall in the library about the way women work in general and the way […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry