A large crowd of family, friends, community members and more gathered in the sanctuary at First Baptist Church in New Albany Friday morning, Oct. 8, for the memorial service for William “Bill” Major Tucker. First Baptist Church Pastor Rickey Blythe started the service by saying that the day was about celebrating Tucker’s life. “In […]
Tuesdae Rowland and Austin Epting of Blue Mountain College were named Tuesday the TranSouth Athletic Conference Runners of the Week. Rowland, a junior from Ripley, and Epting, a sophomore from Baldwyn and East Union High, were selected after their strong performances in the weekend’s Mississippi College Invitational in Clinton. “Tuesdae and Austin are two of […]
Skies were clear and calm in Scooba Thursday, October 7 but Northeast Mississippi Community College’s football team let loose a rushing storm on East Mississippi and captured sole possession of second place in the North Division. Northeast’s running duo of Jaquise Cook (Ripley) and Jamarcus Goodloe (Leighton, Ala.) accounted for 349 yards on the […]
Young and determined, West Union had a strong effort to open their second round series versus Smithvile, but the Lady Eagles could not carry that throughout the day, falling to the Lady Seminoles in three games. West Union opened the day watching Smithville score four runs off four hits and two Lady Eagle errors. […]
When Myrtle entered their second round playoff series, they were paired with a season-long favorite in Wheeler, but the Lady Hawks were confident, knowing this was the same Lady Eagle team they defeated in a similar situation last season. “We went into the series knowing we had nothing to lose,” Myrtle head coach Robert […]
New Albany’s offense was a strong force in their 48-13 win over Itawamba, but the defense once again showed their strength while battling adversity in the first half. Up 20-13, the Bulldogs’ defense forced Itawamba to punt, but a fumble by Josh Creekmore set the Indians’ up in the red zone with less than […]
New Albany residents now have a new grocery store for shopping. Save a Lot opened its doors to the public on Wednesday, October 6, 2010 and held a ribbon cutting ceremony, welcoming the store into the community. Approximately 18 employees were hired locally. The store sells meats, has a produce area, and a wide variety […]
Xtreme Wings and Things held a ribbon cutting ceremony at 10 a.m. Thursday, September 30, 2010 at their new location at 714 West Bankhead Street. The restaurant is open Monday through Thursday 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., open on Fridays and Saturdays 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., and on Sundays from 11 a.m. to 7 […]
The Bead Shack held a ribbon cutting at 10 a.m. on Friday, October 1, 2010. at their new location at 109 West Bankhead Street. The Bead Shack is open 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The store is not open on Sundays. The phone number is (662) 539-0061.
Jalema and Jay Tidwell of Myrtle, Miss., announce the engagement of their daughter, Alyssa Ann Tidwell, to Mark Edward Benedict, son of Sherry Benedict and the late Joseph Benedict of Amory, Miss. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Guy and Shirley Hester of Corinth, Miss., Josie Tidwell of Senatobia, Miss., and Jerry Tidwell, Sr. of […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on