The United Way of Northeast Mississippi has reached 67 percent of its $2,150,000 goal across the seven counties in which it operates. But here in Union County we still have inadequate participation from businesses and industries, the backbone of the payroll-deduction giving program that the United Way depends on for the bulk of its donations. […]
Christmas shoppers looking for a day to get a lot of holiday shopping done, need to come to New Albany Main Street Association’s Holiday Open House. This event, which has been going on for at least eight years, has been attracting visitors from neighboring towns and areas to check out New Albany’s shopping destinations. Holiday […]
In honor of the Veteran’s Day holiday, city and county offices will also be closed Thursday, Nov. 11, 2010. Changes to the city of New Albany’s garbage pick-up schedule will be: Thursday’s garbage route will be picked up on Friday, Nov. 12, along with Friday’s regular routes. In the county, garbage routes will run at […]
Donations are beginning to come in for the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program that provides holiday help for families in need in Union County. The first $400 toward the goal of $20,000 has been received for the program, sponsored by the New Albany Gazette with the help of many community volunteers. The program provides […]
New Albany native and resident John Ellis has announced his candidacy for the Ward 4 seat on the New Albany Board of Alderman. Ellis is a graduate of New Albany High School and the University of Mississippi, where he received a bachelor of business administration degree. He has experience in the banking and finance industry, […]
Jason Butler, 34, announces his candidacy for the office of Ward 4 Alderman in the Nov. 22 special election. Butler is a 1994 graduate of W.P. Daniel High School and a 2001 graduate of the University of North Alabama with a bachelors degree in public communications. Butler is a fifth generation resident of New […]
The flowing of the American flag on Nov. 11, also known as Veterans Day, is reminiscent of the freedom of the American people, the ones who fought and served, the ones who are still serving, and the families that shed tears of happiness and sadness of having loved ones serve or have served in the […]
Local residents turned out in large numbers last week in the hopes of being considered for future employment with Diversity-Vuteq. According to the Mississippi Department of Employment Security, approximately 1,200 people applied for just over 150 production jobs mid-level management positions that the Tier-1 supplier will be looking to fill in the coming year. The […]
New Albany was making noise even before their season opening match-up against Ingomar Monday night. As announced last Wednesday by the Clarion Ledger, the Lady Bulldogs are the preseason number one team in the state in the paper's poll, which combines all classes. New Albany spent a majority of last season in that same spot, […]
Hickory Flat had a strong opening to their 2010 basketball season, defeating Ingomar 47-38 (girls) and 85-77 (boys) last Saturday night. The Lady Rebels held off a late rally by Ingomar after jumping ahead to a 32-14 halftime lead. With both teams scoring a combined eight points in the third, Reid Little’s 11 fourth quarter […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on