So far, 10 candidates including one with Union County ties have entered the race to fill the unexpired term of Rep. Alan Nunnelee. Two more weeks remain in the qualifying period with a March 27 deadline. Nunnelee, a Republican from Tupelo, died on Feb. 6 from cancer. The local candidate is attorney Greg Pirkle. Although […]
Staff reports A Union County resident is going to prison for child exploitation, Attorney General Jim Hood said Tuesdsay. Marvin Lloyd Lemar, 25, of Myrtle entered a guilty plea to possession of child pornography before Circuit Court Judge John Gregory that same day. As a result, Lemar was sentenced to 40 years in prison with […]
The New Albany Police Department has decided to replace much of its paperwork normally written out by hand with an electronic system installed in patrol cars. Police Chief Chris Robertson said New Albany will be the first municipality in the state to switch to the e-Citation paperless system that currently is being used by the […]
Saturday night I was sitting on the couch reading a magazine when Jenny said she had seen something on Facebook that she thought would interest me. Now I’m not much of a Facebook person, but I decided to take a look. When I picked up my mobile phone, I couldn’t even find Facebook. It turns […]
The Union County Sheriff’s Department Friday seized what was called one of the largest amounts of pure “ice” or crystal methamphetamine in anyone’s memory. Four individuals were taken into custody and more than $1,000 in cash was seized as well. Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said the drug seized weighted 44 grams and, when cut, […]
This is National Patient Safety Week and Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County staff members are taking the opportunity to inform the public about some of the latest steps they have taken in support of that. “Our hospital is all about patient safety,” BMH Quality Coordinator Mary Foley said. “We have ongoing processes to make sure we […]
Union County supervisors voted unanimously Monday to accept the low bid for the renovation and expansion of the MSU-Union County Extension Service office at the fairgrounds. The bids had been taken under advisement for two weeks because they had come in higher than expected, supervisors said. No money had been allocated for the project in […]
A Union County man has pleaded guilty to possession of child porn, Attorney General Jim Hood announced. Marvin Lloyd Lemar, 25, of Myrtle, entered his plea before Judge John Gregory on Tuesday. He was sentenced to 40 years in prison with five to serve, and he was ordered to pay $1,000 to the Children’s Trust […]
JACKSON – In a game that racked up 59 fouls for both teams, Ingomar came up short. The Falcons lost in the semi-finals of the Class 1A boys playoffs to Coffeeville in a 92-69 final. “We [Ingomar] are going up to 2A next year, and we’ll be the only 2A school without football. We just […]
JACKSON – At 30 wins, the Lady Falcons’ season came to an end on Monday as Ingomar’s young team stumbled in the final minutes of the Class 1A girls semi-final against the Pelahatchie Chiefs. “It felt like we would gain control of the game and then make a mistake,” Falcons coach Trent Adair said of […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry