Melvin Locke, 72, died Monday, Oct. 11, 2010 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Miss. in Oxford. Survivors include his wife, Aline Robertson Locke of Oxford; special cousins, a special sister-in-law and caregiver and several other cousins, nieces, and nephews. Visitation was from 5 until 7 p.m. Wednesday, at Waller Funeral Home. The funeral service was at […]
Lou Etta Henderson Jordan, 90, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2010 at her residence. She was born May 19, 1920 in Union County, Mississippi to the late Joe and Lizzie Adair Henderson. She was a retired supervisor for Irwin B. Schwabe. She enjoyed working in her yard and gardening. She was a member […]
Bobby J. “Dolly” Payne, 78, of Blue Springs, died Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2010 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He is survived by four sons David Payne, Robert Payne, Henry Payne and Andy Payne; a sister, four brothers, 11 grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren. Services were at 1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010, at the United […]
Mary “Mae Lee” McKinzie, 81, of Blue Mountain, died Oct. 7, 2010 in her home. Survivors include her children, Samuel McKinzie of Pontotoc, Martha Smith and Darnell McKinzie of New Albany, Caryolyn Smith, Auther Lee McKinzie, Danny McKinzie and Mary Jane Graham, all of Blue Mountain, Dwight McKinzie of Olive Branch, Paulette Bailey of Myrtle, […]
George Austin Chunn, 93, of Mobile, Ala. (formerly of Batesville) died Sunday morning, Sept. 26, 2010 at Norwood Point in Mobile, Ala. Mr. Chunn is survived by his daughter, Sandra Chunn Trussell of Mobile, Ala.; 2 sons, George Darrell Chunn of Austin, Texas and Benny Chunn of Hattisburg; six grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren. A graveside […]
Onie Mae Rainer, 75, of Boston, Mass., died Sept. 6, 2010 at the Brigham and Women Hospital in Boston. Onie Mae leaves to celebrate her memory three children: Gregory, Richard and Travis and 10 grandchildren all of Boston, Mass.; sisters, a host of nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends, both of Boston and Missisippi. There will […]
October is National Fire Prevention Month, which is a time for reminders on how to keep safe from a fire and how to prevent fires from ever starting. Mark Whiteside, assistant chief with New Albany Fire Department, said, “As cooler weather and the holidays approach, so does the chance for fire in your home. We […]
A forum discussion was held Tuesday night to discuss changes that need to be made at next year’s Tallahatchie RiverFest. Phil Nanney of the Union County Development Association organized the meeting and heard ideas from community members, business representatives, and city officials. Some of the items discussed were to limit the number of food vendors […]
Mickey Basil, 48, of the Enterprise community, has announced his candidacy for Union County School Board, District 2. Mickey graduated in 1985 with a finance degree from the University of Mississippi and has been employed with R. J. Reynolds for the past 25 years. He and his family attend Bethlehem United Methodist Church. Basil stated […]
The Mississippi Association of School Administrators announced Tuesday afternoon that New Albany School District Superintendent Dr. Charles E. Garrett, Jr., has been selected as the 2011 Mississippi Superintendent of the Year. Garrett will also represent Mississippi on the national level for being chosen as the American Association of School Administrators 2011 Superintendent of the […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on