Lou Etta Henderson Jordan, 90, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2010 at her residence. She was born May 19, 1920 in Union County, Mississippi to the late Joe and Lizzie Adair Henderson. She was a retired supervisor for Irwin B. Schwabe. She enjoyed working in her yard and gardening. She was a member […]
Bobby J. “Dolly” Payne, 78, of Blue Springs, died Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2010 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He is survived by four sons David Payne, Robert Payne, Henry Payne and Andy Payne; a sister, four brothers, 11 grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren. Services were at 1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010, at the United […]
Mary “Mae Lee” McKinzie, 81, of Blue Mountain, died Oct. 7, 2010 in her home. Survivors include her children, Samuel McKinzie of Pontotoc, Martha Smith and Darnell McKinzie of New Albany, Caryolyn Smith, Auther Lee McKinzie, Danny McKinzie and Mary Jane Graham, all of Blue Mountain, Dwight McKinzie of Olive Branch, Paulette Bailey of Myrtle, […]
George Austin Chunn, 93, of Mobile, Ala. (formerly of Batesville) died Sunday morning, Sept. 26, 2010 at Norwood Point in Mobile, Ala. Mr. Chunn is survived by his daughter, Sandra Chunn Trussell of Mobile, Ala.; 2 sons, George Darrell Chunn of Austin, Texas and Benny Chunn of Hattisburg; six grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren. A graveside […]
Onie Mae Rainer, 75, of Boston, Mass., died Sept. 6, 2010 at the Brigham and Women Hospital in Boston. Onie Mae leaves to celebrate her memory three children: Gregory, Richard and Travis and 10 grandchildren all of Boston, Mass.; sisters, a host of nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends, both of Boston and Missisippi. There will […]
October is National Fire Prevention Month, which is a time for reminders on how to keep safe from a fire and how to prevent fires from ever starting. Mark Whiteside, assistant chief with New Albany Fire Department, said, “As cooler weather and the holidays approach, so does the chance for fire in your home. We […]
A forum discussion was held Tuesday night to discuss changes that need to be made at next year’s Tallahatchie RiverFest. Phil Nanney of the Union County Development Association organized the meeting and heard ideas from community members, business representatives, and city officials. Some of the items discussed were to limit the number of food vendors […]
Mickey Basil, 48, of the Enterprise community, has announced his candidacy for Union County School Board, District 2. Mickey graduated in 1985 with a finance degree from the University of Mississippi and has been employed with R. J. Reynolds for the past 25 years. He and his family attend Bethlehem United Methodist Church. Basil stated […]
The Mississippi Association of School Administrators announced Tuesday afternoon that New Albany School District Superintendent Dr. Charles E. Garrett, Jr., has been selected as the 2011 Mississippi Superintendent of the Year. Garrett will also represent Mississippi on the national level for being chosen as the American Association of School Administrators 2011 Superintendent of the […]
Citizens of Ward 4 in New Albany will have the opportunity to select their new alderman on Nov. 22, the New Albany Board of Aldermen announced Tuesday. The board voted to set the special election to be held the Monday before Thanksgiving. According to New Albany Mayor Tim Kent, the selection of this date was […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry