Union County participants in the 2013 Itawamba Community College Soccer Camp: (left to right) Sam Hickey, Perry McKinney, Josh Hill, Rachel Rainey, Carly Hill, Caret Beth Doyle, Charlsey Rowan, Karlie Topper, Sarah Kathryn Harris. (Maggie Caldwell/ICCImages.com)
From top left to right, Ethan Kimbrough, Shaelee Manning, Jared Dillard, Jenna Tate, Joanna Manning (head coach), Marley Mills, Micah Taylor, Aidan Mills, Johnna Mills, Ella Mills, and Kevin Kimbrough (assistant coach). The local swim team members attended the 2013 State Games of Mississippi. June 8-9.
Ethan Kimbrough (6 and under boys) and Shaelee Manning (7-8 year-old girls) won high point medals at the 2013 state games of Mississippi for swimming held on June 8-9. They are from the Tallahatchie Tidal Waves swim team of New Albany, Union County and Booneville.
By Rex Wilgus For the News Exchange (Editor’s note: The version of this story that appeared in the print version of the News Exchange contained some incorrect information about teacher resignations and change of duties at Myrtle Attendance Center. The version below is corrected.) NEW ALBANY – During their regular meeting on June 3, 2013, […]
By Sandra Priest Special correspondent Presiding over his final board meeting for the town of Ecru, Mayor Tom Todd welcomed board members and citizens to town hall as he called the meeting to order. On hand for their final month in their terms as aldermen were Bill Nance, Ivonne Whitehead, Ronnie Stephens, Pat Davis, and […]
Five Tips Customers Can Participate in Protecting Themselves from Financial Abuse In recognition of Elder Abuse Day on June 15 BNA Bank is helping to stop financial abuse of elderly customers. “The elderly are increasingly becoming targets for financial abuse,” said James R. Collins, BNA Bank CEO and President “At least 20 percent of Americans […]
Museum Moment’s topic is Brigadier General Mark Perrin Lowery, Soldier, Preacher, Teacher and founder of Blue Mountain College
“Brigadier General Mark Perrin Lowery, Soldier, Preacher, Teacher” is the topic of the Museum Moments this Thursday, June 20, noon, at the Union County Heritage Museum in New Albany. Historian Dr. Stewart Bennett, head of the History Department at Blue Mountain, will speak about Lowery and the amazing accomplishments he made creating a women’s school […]
A commemoration of the Civil War burning of New Albany and Battle of Mud Creek was held with the unveiling of a quilt block in Cooper Park on Tuesday this past week. Students from Staley High School in Kansas City, Mo created the quilt block for the Piece Makers Quilt Trail: A Stitch in Time […]
North Side Bible School Vacation Bible School at North Side Baptist Church will be Monday, July 29, through Friday, Aug. 2, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. each night. Church to honor veterans Endville Baptist Church will present “Welcome Home,” a program to honor our veterans, military and those who gave their lives to protect our […]
By Charlie Mitchell At most Mississippi high schools today, the only cars out front are the principal’s and the secretary’s. Maybe a counselor or two came to work. The coaches’ pickups are over by the field house, where the coaches are inside, rocked back in their chairs, feet on desks, pondering strategy for fall. It’s […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on