Ignacic Avila, 440 County Village Lot 5, Pontotoc, 28, was charged with a DUI, no tag, no insurance, no seatbelt and resisting arrest at 3:05 a.m., Dec. 11, 2010. Timothy Brown, 620 CR 705, Blue Mountain, 49, was charged with a DUI at 9:23 p.m., Dec. 11, 2010. Robert Eugene McCoy, 10706 Beat Tree Dr., […]
Taylor’s Fish and Steakhouse, formerly known as Taylor’s Place Restaurant, is now managed and run by a new set of owners. The Reed family, Janet, William, and Justin have owned the restaurant since Nov. 15 after they purchased it from long-time friends James and Pansy Taylor. The Taylors owned and operated the restaurant for approximately […]
A group of concerned citizens and community residents came together Dec. 9, 2010 at the New Albany Boys and Girls Club building to discuss the possibility of starting a neighborhood association in the southern side of New Albany. New Albany resident Larry Dykes coordinated the meeting last month as well as this month, which had […]
While the next two weeks are considered by many to be the most wonderful time of each year, the New Albany Police Department reminds city residents that they should keep the party off the road or be ready to face the consequences. According to New Albany Police Chief David Grisham, officers will be out in […]
Gazette readers have contributed $12,699 toward the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program as the campaign heads toward its final week. The program, sponsored by the Gazette, provides about 250 families with food assistance and toys for their children during the holidays. Most of the food and toys will be distributed Friday. Each selected family […]
Below is the complete schedule for the 2010 Myrtle Christmas Clash, which will take place next Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 20-21 at Myrtle. Admission will be $5 Monday, Dec. 20 10 a.m. Myrtle JV vs. New Albany JV 11 a.m. Bruce vs. Ashland (girls) 12:15 p.m. Myrtle vs. Lafayette (girls) 1:30 p.m. Ripley vs. Desoto […]
ortheast Mississippi Community College men’s basketball team knew it was in for a physical contest with Northwest-Shoals (Ala.) Community College on Tuesday, December 14. Both squads battled to the end with Northwest-Shoals escaping Booneville with a 101-100 decision over the Tigers. Northeast and Northwest-Shoals had already met in the season opener for the […]
The first half of basketball season may be winding down, but for the Lady Bulldogs, their toughest test to date will take place this weekend. Head coach John Stroud and his 18th nationally ranked Lady Bulldogs will hit the road for the Jerry and Sandy Wagner Tournament of Champions in Fort Smith, Ark., taking on […]
Area cheer and dance squads will travel to Jackson this weekend, vying for state titles in various categories. New Albany will compete in the largest division of the county schools, 4A Large Varsity along with Center Hill and Lewisburg in the north. East Union and Ingomar will compete in smaller varsity divisions. Ingomar is the […]
We should have seen it as an omen. When we got out of the car at the outdoor mall in Collierville, Tenn., it started pouring rain. Modern “lifestyle malls” are being built outdoors, I’m told, because people prefer them to indoor malls. Or at least that is what mall developers (who don’t want to have […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on