This week 277 seniors will receive their high school diplomas from the New Albany and Union County schools, compared to 301 last year and 274 the year before. On Thursday, 60 will graduate at East Union Attendance Center and 46 will get diplomas at Ingomar Attendance Center. On Friday, 40 will graduate at the Myrtle […]
Mr. and Mrs. Bill Mattox are recipients of this month’s City Beautification Award for their home on Hwy. 15 North. The award is presented monthly by the city beautification committee to recognize outstanding efforts toward making a home more attractive. From left are Bill Mattox, daughter Erin, wife Danita and Jean Ashcraft Bufkin representing […]
By Martha Swindle Sherman Aldermen Randy Bolen and Martha Swindle and Town Attorney Kirk Tharp with their spouses attended the CDF Annual Meeting Thursday, May 8, at the Tupelo Furniture Market Building 6 in Tupelo. Congratulations to Courtney Foster and Casey McBrayer on their upcoming wedding next Saturday, May 24, at Sherman Church of Christ. […]
New Albany Middle School students John Wright Welborn and Meredith Prescott participated in the 2014 Duke University Talent Identification Program’s 7th Grade Talent Search. Duke TIP is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving academically gifted and talented students. Duke TIP works with students, their families, and educators to identify, recognize, challenge, engage, and help students […]
By Lou McQuary On Saturday, May 17, there was a gospel singing at Macedonia Baptist to raise money for the Dig a Well Project in Uganda. An orphanage has been built in Uganda for little babies. This singing raised money for a well to be built on the orphanage property. Singing in the program […]
By Justin Gary Hello fellow Falcons! This is your student council reporter with the final round of school news. On Friday, May 16, an Awards Program was held at 1:00 p.m. for 7th-12th grade students. Certificates and other items were handed out to reward them for their academic excellence throughout the year. On Monday, May […]
In Arlington Cemetery there are rows upon rows of silent reminders that the cost of freedom is high, that price for our liberty is paid with blood. Mississippi Blood Services (MBS) joins with the rest of our nation to honor these fallen heroes who throughout our history gave their lives for our country. Monday, May […]
The New Albany Schools are participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided […]
Carol Coker, right, of Blue Springs, smiles after signing her photo during a Miss Mississippi Pageant autograph party May 11 in Tupelo. Coker, who holds the title of Miss Dixie, was one of 15 Miss Mississippi and eight Miss Mississippi’s Outstanding Teen contestants who signed for the public at The Mall at Barnes Crossing. […]
By Camille Anding It was one of my top ten favorite hymns and though extremely limited in vocal worship, I was belting the words with ardor and devotion. Suddenly the words weren’t just words on the screen; they were messages addressed to me. “This is my story – this is my song, praising my Savior […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on