East Union runs to win over Houlka By Dennis Clayton East Union had several new faces in the lineup and in the backfield, but that didn’t prevent them from running over and around the visiting Houlka Wildcats on Friday night. Coach Scott Duley said “I thought our boys showed a lot of heart and it […]
For 51 years, I’ve worn glasses. I got my first pair when I was 16, after failing the Missouri vision exam when I applied for my driver’s license. Until that time, I just assumed the world was a bit of a blur to everyone. One of my most vivid memories is putting on my new […]
The New Albany School District again is demonstrating its drive for continuous improvement by successfully competing for a federally financed grant to help students who are struggling academically. New Albany Schools is partnering with the struggling district in Shannon for the five-year grant, administered through the Mississippi Department of Education’s 21st Century Community Learning Center. […]
The Bulldogs came up one play short of a win, falling 14-10 to Itawamba Agricultural High School on a last minute pass play. Heading into week three of the season, New Albany sits at 0-2 on the season, though Head Coach Ron Price saw a marked improvement in his team between their first game and […]
The East Union Urchins season continued to roll along on Friday, with a come from behind 46-35 win over Middleton High School. “I’m very happy with how the team played,” Head Coach Scott Duley said, “They executed very well, and played all four quarters. It wasn’t an easy win, but we had a lot of […]
New Albany’s volleyball and softball clubs gained two wins, defeating H.W. Byers at the net in a road contest while the Diamond Dawgs out-lasted the Myrtle Lady Hawks at BNA Park. Softball: The Bulldogs topped Myrtle 2-1, putting in nine hits during the win to the Hawks six. Callie Denton put in the first run […]
The construction of a new emergency room complex on the backside of Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County is bringing to the fore a significant problem: traffic flow. The $12 million addition will have 22 exam rooms, two trauma rooms and two triage rooms. It also will mean one of the entrances to the hospital and an […]
Paint the Town The New Albany Main Street Association will sponsor the 10th annual “Paint the Town” on Sept. 21 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. during the upcoming Tallahatchie RiverFest. For more information contact Vickie Duke, New Albany Main Street Manager at 534-3438. Main Street Youth Committee meeting Anyone in grades nine through 12 […]
Beginning Oct. 1, implementation will begin on an approximate $1.9 million 21st Century Community Learning Center grant that is being distributed among the New Albany School District, the Boys and Girls Club of New Albany, and Shannon High School. This is a five-year New Albany-Shannon Consortium between all five entities. Melanie Shannon, project director for […]
New Albany Main Street Association is pleased to offer the 10th annual “Paint the Town,” a free art activity during the upcoming Tallahatchie RiverFest. All children are invited to participate on Saturday, Sept. 21, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Parents must accompany their children. Historical photos of downtown New Albany will be displayed and […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on