By Dennis Clayton We have just experienced a week of firsts with our local fall sports and I would like to take this opportunity to recognize these accomplishments. Let’s start with football and we will work our way through, finishing with cross country. I actually need to back up just a bit with our football […]
By Dennis Clayton Ingomar and Pine Grove squared off in the season opener for each team and came away with a split decision as Pine Grove took the girls contest 48-42 and Ingomar won the boys nightcap 83-51. Falcons take boys game In the boys game, Pine Grove opened with an early lead, but the […]
By Dennis Clayton Coach Chris Greer’s Myrtle runners enjoyed a highly successful day on Saturday at the MHSAA State Cross Country Championships as they brought home a total of three 1A titles in girls team, girls individual and boys individual. Myrtle took the girls team title with 28 points as they had five runners in […]
By Dennis Clayton Coach Scott Duley’s East Union Urchins showed their grit, determination and heart as they rallied from a 34-21 deficit and scored two fourth-quarter touchdowns to win 35-34. Coach Duley said “They (Urchins) played an amazing game. They didn’t quit, we just played a team that was more athletic than us and our […]
This is an exciting time here at the Gazette as we publish two glossy publications this week that we think you will want to keep. Inside today’s paper you’ll find the 24-page glossy Winter Sports Preview. Now that football is almost over, we’ve turned our attention to basketball, soccer and the cheerleading squads are New […]
Time is growing short for you to help in this year’s United Way of Northeast Mississippi campaign. The United Way, which serves seven counties, including Union, has reached 80 percent of its $2.4 million goal. So far, $1,913,968 has been pledged in the 2013 campaign. It’s important that Union Countians pledge their share to the […]
by Dennis Clayton Coach Scott Duley’s East Union Urchins showed their grit, determination and heart as they rallied from a 34-21 deficit and scored two fourth quarter touchdowns to win 35-34. Coach Duley said “They (Urchins) played an amazing game. They didn’t quit, we just played a team that was more athletic than us and […]
By J. Lynn West Pam Browning Boman and Rob Anderson will face each other in a run-off election Nov. 26 to see who wins the Union County coroner’s post. In unofficial results Tuesday, Boman received 22.4 percent of the vote compared to Anderson’s 17.51 percent. The run-off is necessary because no candidate got more than […]
The traditional official beginning of the Christmas shopping season will be this Sunday when the New Albany Main Street Association presents its annual Holiday Open House. The Nov. 10 event will be from 1 to 5 p.m. with many downtown and area businesses open and featuring specials for the early holiday shoppers. “You can join […]
Early Christmas Santa visits with two unidentified shoppers Monday to ask about their Christmas wishes.Santa came to town early as part of the News Exchange’s annual Peek into Christmas feature. Look for more photos of Santa’s visit to local businesses and other locations in the Nov. 28 special Thanksgiving shopping edition.
- County still trying to find solution to likely loss of jail trusties June 24, 2015
- Museum Madness registration underway July 1, 2015
- Groundbreaking for museum expansion will be Thursday July 1, 2015
- Man faces series of auto burglary, theft charges July 1, 2015
- Holiday weekend schedule changes include rare Saturday circuit clerk opening July 1, 2015
- Spring cleaning? Well, sort of July 1, 2015
- Honoring our nation July 1, 2015
- City school board adopts no-tax-increase budget, makes money-saving deals July 1, 2015
- Supervisors discuss funding Tupelo women’s shelter, industrial tax exemptions July 1, 2015
- Circuit clerk’s office to be open for voting Saturday despite holiday July 1, 2015
- Edwin Montenegro: Yeah welcome to south American toyota. We love you...
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry